Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Aristocracy

I have no trust in the mails sources.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
The tabloids have an uncanny knowledge of what Prince Charles thinks. He is frequently 'incandescent with rage" no matter what the occurrence. He is so frequently incandescent with rage it's a wonder he hasn't had a stroke from high blood pressure.
How right you are !!!!!

Old 08-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Serene Highness

Every week some drama is going on according to the tabloids. I doubt that anything in the book relating to Prince Charles's and Princess Diana's marriage isn't anything we have heard or read about.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Courtier

His book is called 'On Duty With The Queen'.

I think some people are reading too much into it or expecting something that isn't there.

The book could just be an itinerary of the Queen's schedule during his time as her press secretary.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Aristocracy

What is the fuss about; the queen and Prince Charles did not even try to stop Hewitt;s book about Princess Diana at the time she was the wife of the future king of England and the mother of the future king.
Te Royal family is a member of the human race not above.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
What is the fuss about; the queen and Prince Charles did not even try to stop Hewitt;s book about Princess Diana at the time she was the wife of the future king of England and the mother of the future king.
Te Royal family is a member of the human race not above.
How were they supposed to stop it? As distasteful as Hewitt's book might have been, he did not, to my understanding, break any laws or any contract.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:47 PM
Aristocracy

They could have stopped it, Hewitt was one of the queens's soldier, Prime Minister John Major wanted to stop him from disgracing a member of the royal family, the queen did not support Mr. Major to do it" what goes around comes around". Let God be our judge!!.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
They could have stopped it, Hewitt was one of the queens's soldier, Prime Minister John Major wanted to stop him from disgracing a member of the royal family, the queen did not support Mr. Major to do it" what goes around comes around". Let God be our judge!!.
That is not true. According to Wikipedia, People and several other sources, James Hewitt retired from the military in March 1994--6 months before the book was published. How could John Major stop a former soldier from publishing a book about his private life?

Diss and Tell - Affairs, Dark Secrets, James Hewitt, Princess Diana : People.com

The trouble with spreading these false stories (other than they are easy to disprove) is that it is really ineffective. If the detractors have to make up things about the royal family, the royal family can't be that bad.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Aristocracy

Some people have short term memory.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Some people have short term memory.
I've provided my source so please provide yours. Of course, many people with long memories would say that since Diana wrote a tell all book about Charles, the Hewitt book was a good example of "what goes around, comes around."
Old 08-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Aristocracy

This thread should be closed.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:46 AM
Courtier

It should be merged with the one in library (with the Hewitt references deleted).
Old 08-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I've provided my source so please provide yours. Of course, many people with long memories would say that since Diana wrote a tell all book about Charles, the Hewitt book was a good example of "what goes around, comes around."
I admit that's how I feel.
I asked a few weeks ago if all these friends sand employees betraying Diana was a reflection on the kind of person she was. This new book makes me think it wasn't a reflection on Diana but that money will always trump loyalty, discretion, and respect for other people. Now I will withhold judgement until more facts actually come out, it might be a book about being a private secretary and what the job entails with no mention of personal details.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I admit that's how I feel.
I asked a few weeks ago if all these friends sand employees betraying Diana was a reflection on the kind of person she was. This new book makes me think it wasn't a reflection on Diana but that money will always trump loyalty, discretion, and respect for other people. Now I will withhold judgement until more facts actually come out, it might be a book about being a private secretary and what the job entails with no mention of personal details.
I really don't feel that way--although I don't think Diana should have written the book. I was just irritated that yet another poster was manufacturing facts to fit a certain point of view.

I am not sure what Arbiter's book will include. The publisher would expect him to reveal some personal insights into the royal family, but I expect most of the book is Arbiter's own reactions to public events, such as Diana's death.

Regardless, I understand why some posters are upset that he is publishing a book. The fact is that most large employers around the world require employees to sign confidentiality agreements as part of their employment contracts. Whatever people think of the royal family, they are human beings and have a right to some privacy. Few of us could withstand the scrutiny the royal family and other celebrities have to endure.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Every week some drama is going on according to the tabloids. I doubt that anything in the book relating to Prince Charles's and Princess Diana's marriage isn't anything we have heard or read about.
Also let's bear in mind that he was a Press Secretary/Officer and not a member of the private household like Burrell was for example. He likely will not have seen all that many 'private' moments as such between members of the RF. On top of that I expect, personally, he will keep it all above board and rather factual than gossipy!!!
Old 08-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Courtier

Perhaps people close to the royal family are often hounded with ridiculous sums of money to Tell All. Eventually some circum to the pressure. Publishers these days will receive a biography and say thats all well and good but where's the spicy stuff!!! Then the poor old writer has to go away and make stuff up as they might have just written the truth but it won't sell unless there is some sort of scandal to market it with. I hope Dickie stays true and loyal.