The Duchess of Cornwall's Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what the event is, but love the photo. The horse is so pretty. I'm getting an All Creatures Great and Small vibe. The Duchess looks stunning too!

The photo is from the same event on December 18th. She removed her coat.

It is the 12th picture in the daily mail article.

Last edited:
HRH looks gorgeous!
Love pics 4- 6.

The two of her & the little one? That's not a Duchess on duty. That's a Granny on duty. :D

Great photos!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Thank you! You said just what I loved, but couldn't find the words to describe about Pics 4 and 5! Also loved Pic 6- and she looked gorgeous in all the photos!

The more I see of Camilla's involvement with literacy and children, the more the idea appeals to me of perhaps Camilla and Kate teaming up in the future on joint efforts. Perhaps something to do with going to the Art Room and having the children write and illustrate their very own books.

When it comes to children, I think both duchesses have quite a bit in common.

I do not like the idea of Camilla teaming up with Kate, especially on literacy.

I do like the idea of Camilla teaming up with Princess Alexandra. I do wish Camilla had joined the garden party for the British Red Cross.

Last edited:
The more I see of Camilla's involvement with literacy and children, the more the idea appeals to me of perhaps Camilla and Kate teaming up in the future on joint efforts. Perhaps something to do with going to the Art Room and having the children write and illustrate their very own books.

When it comes to children, I think both duchesses have quite a bit in common.

The only problem with that is that the story will be all about Kate. Not her fault, but, unfortunately, that's all the media are interested in. Camilla will be an afterthought.

:previous: I agree, and I think it's a good reason to keep them from teaming up like this. But having them pursue different interests and support different causes spreads them around more and thus allows their Royal touch to help more people.

They have an Angelina ballerina room at Seven Stories? The Duchess is a fan?
:cool: Some of my favorites as a kid.
The place looks awesome! I want to go!
The Tiger who came to Tea and Mixed up Fairy tales looks fun too!
I know someone who does an awesome reading of the Tiger who Came to Tea, and would be in heaven there!

The Duchess of Cornwall was in Newcastle upon Tyne today, January 28.

As President of the cancer charity Maggie's she toured Maggie's Newcastle and she visited Seven Stories: the National Centre for Children's Books as well as Laing Art Gallery.

** dailymail: It's Kung Fu Camilla! A glamorous Duchess of Cornwall is all smiles as she watches..**

** chroniclelive.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall visit: RECAP from the Royal visit to Newcastle **

Quite a busy day, with 3 engagements in Newcastle.

I do like these "away days", and it is good to see that Camilla now has the confidence to do them on her own.

The Duchess of Cornwall has become President of the Southbank Centre's Women of the World festival that promotes equality for women and girls, London's Southbank Centre announced yesterday, February 16.

Following the announcement the Duchess of Cornwall attended a reception in support of The Women Of The World Festival 2015 at Southbank Centre. This year's festival takes place from March 1-8.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** telegraph.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall comes face-to-face with author of controversial Prince Charles book **

As Patron of the Fan Museum the Duchess of Cornwall today, February 17, attended the 'Waterloo Life and Times' exhibition at The Fan Museum in London:

Last edited:

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Emmaus UK visited a new accommodation block for the charity's Lambeth community at St Luke's Hub in London yesterday, February 17:

** Pic ** zimbio/bauergriffin gallery **

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Emmaus UK visited a new accommodation block for the charity's Lambeth community at St Luke's Hub in London yesterday, February 17:

** Pic ** zimbio/bauergriffin gallery **

Camilla appears to be having a busy week.

In addition tot he Emmaus centre in Kennington, she visited the Fan Museum in Greenwich yesterday, before she and the PoW attended the premiere of The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall leaves London Fan Museum with shopping bags in hand | Daily Mail Online

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the Royal Veterinary College Animal Care Trust (ACT) visited the Beaumont Sainsbury Animal Hospital in London today, February 26:

The Duchess of Cornwall really is a countryside lady. Wonderful.

There was no photo of the horse that Camilla remembered seeing as a child.

Having toured the wards, Camilla ventured into the teaching part of the hospital where she encountered a familiar face - a horse named Foxhunter which had been through the same plasticisation process as the dog heart.

'I do remember seeing him jump many years ago!' said the Duchess of the horse, which was part of Britain's show jumping team at the 1948 Summer Olympics.

Handing her the plasticized dog heart before telling her it was real. (Not nice. JMO based on her reaction.)

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall looks revolted after being handed a dog heart during vet visit | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
There was no photo of the horse that Camilla remembered seeing as a child.

Handing her the plasticized dog heart before telling her it was real. (Not nice. JMO based on her reaction.)

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall looks revolted after being handed a dog heart during vet visit | Daily Mail Online

And I always thought Camilla would be a great vet nurse! Maybe not! Don't worry YRH, I'm with you. Let's leave dog hearts to Siegfried shall we? :lol:
Did they take the actual head of a dead horse, and put plastic on it?
No way you could get me close to that iguana.
Poor Jessica the kitty looks so pitiful and p****d off! Cue Siegfried/ Robert Hardy.

Last edited:
Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2h 2 hours ago
St Catherine's School in Surrey has announced that the Duchess of Cornwall is now a Patron.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2h 2 hours ago
Camilla has a family connection with St Catherine's School, her great-great grandfather helped to found the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom