The Duchess of Cornwall's Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cornwall as Vice-Patron of The Royal Commonwealth Society held a reception for winners of The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition at at St James's Palace today, October 28:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
Back from the journey to Jordan and Egypt the Duchess of Cornwall as President of Ebony Horse Club attended races at Ascot with members of the Ebony Horse Club from Brixton today, November 20:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
There she goes looking perfectly dressed for the weather and the occasion, however, there wasn't a mask in sight nor any sign of social distancing so, I would imagine everyone was screened as double vaxed.

As Patron of the Mirabel Centre (SARC) the Duchess of Cornwall has sent a message marking the coming end of the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence (November 25 - December 10):

** Message **

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the Helen & Douglas House and Roald Dahl's Marvellous Children's Charity hosted her annual Christmas tree event at Clarence House today, December 15:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Good to see this event take place again. IMO, this is one of the most touching events in the royal calendar.

:xmastree2::santa2: This is one event that I look forward to every year. I'm so pleased that it was able to take place in person complete with a very tall Welsh guardsman to hang the ornaments with his sword.

Here's a video from the Festive annual Christmas tree decorating event at Clarence House

"“Spanning 15 time zones, from the deserts of the Middle East to the windswept Falkland Islands, you are a truly worldwide organisation that supports our service men and women wherever they may find themselves.”
The Duchess of Cornwall has been announced as Patron of @ThisIsBFBS"

:previous: Yet another down-to-earth patronage. I think they are her forte and she certainly serves them all very well.

What a lovely telephone library!

"With The Reading Room planting signed copies of our authors' books in phonebox libraries around the UK in recent weeks, The Duchess of Cornwall decided to swing by this fabulous library near Birkhall, the Scottish home of Their Royal Highnesses, and add to the collection. What an amazing location for a book swap!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYbhbOVM6yK/

Just wondering- do organizations get to choose who their royal patron is?
Or do they have to take anyone who is willing?
Or does the Queen simply assign people?

Just wondering- do organizations get to choose who their royal patron is?
Or do they have to take anyone who is willing?
Or does the Queen simply assign people?

I believe that the organization does have the opportunity to accept or decline their royal patron. IMO this is why there's typically a long waiting period before announcing that a member of the family has assumed the new role as it allows for the board to discuss the matter.

I believe that the organization does have the opportunity to accept or decline their royal patron. IMO this is why there's typically a long waiting period before announcing that a member of the family has assumed the new role as it allows for the board to discuss the matter.

I would have thought that if an organisation has had royal patronage, then they invite some member of hte RF to take over, if one person has left or retired.. and its up to them... I assume that there would be some discussion among the Royal households but if a charity has had a royal patron for ages, I'd imagine that there is a rough idea when one HRH gives up a job, who is htought of as the best person to take over, depending on their interests and how many patronages htey already have.

I would have thought that if an organisation has had royal patronage, then they invite some member of hte RF to take over, if one person has left or retired.. and its up to them... I assume that there would be some discussion among the Royal households but if a charity has had a royal patron for ages, I'd imagine that there is a rough idea when one HRH gives up a job, who is htought of as the best person to take over, depending on their interests and how many patronages htey already have.

I totally agree. Sometimes too when a royal has held a patronage for a very long time, like Philip for example, when one is handed down from him to another family member, it actually is a honor and a privilege as some patronages have had a royal patron for generations.

Meghan, with her background, was well suited to be the patron of the National Theater but with events that happened, it needed to be passed on when Meghan left. Up until Meghan was named patron, The Queen had held that patronage for 45 years. Just like the monarchy represents continuity in the UK, so do organizations and charities and institutions having royal patrons represent the continuity of support of the monarchy to the people it serves through their organizations and incentives and programs there for the people.

Good points Denville. It seems that there's usually a period of time ranging from about a year to eighteen months when one Royal Patron had departed and when we receive the announcement of the new Royal Patron. I believe it allows the necessary time to determine who is the best person suited to the role and for the organization to agree or decline.

There are many organizations who have recently lost their Royal Patron in the past two years and we're just beginning to hear about other members taking on these roles.

well I'd assume that if (for example) the D of Kent retires from a patronage.. there are discussions before he goes, and he may suggest that it goes to Camilla or Charles or whoever.. and the queen is probalby only minimally involved. And I'd imagine that the charity has some say inn it as well, and might say htat they would like Princess X or Y... and then it is up to the Princess to ssay yes or no.

I do think a royal patron is something that is carefully considered before becoming a fact. Personally, I wouldn't connect The Duchess of Cornwall with the National Theater overly much because right now, that's now how I identify with Camilla. So many of her patronages are uniquely "Camillaesque" such as her work with osteoporosis and literacy and rescue animals. They're wonderful fits and form a bridge between the people of the organization and specific interests that are unique to the royal.

One thing I know though is that if Camilla has taken on the National Theater, it won't be something just in name only. She'll probably drag Charles to a lot of productions (he'll go willingly of course) and it will become a good fit. :D

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the St. Johns Foundation visited Roundhill Primary School in Bath today, February 8:

** gettyimages gallery **

** dm article: Heir she is! Duchess of Cornwall is greeted by flag-waving pupils at a Bath primary school..**

And this evening the Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of British Equestrian hosted a reception at Clarence House to celebrate the success of the British Equestrian teams at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Duchess of Cornwall Celebrates British Equestrian Success **

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall visits a domestic abuse charity today.

Domestic Abuse Charity do 'Fantastic' Work, Says Camilla' The Duchess of Cornwall has thanked staff at a domestic abuse charity, praising the "breakthrough" impact of their work in helping victims come forward. "It's going to take a long time, but it is no longer a taboo subject … you do a fantastic job - onwards and upwards," Camilla said. Report by Daisy Busel.

The Duchess of Cornwall visited Paddington Haven, a sexual assault referral centre in West London, and the Nourish Hub run by her patronage UK Harves, today, February 10. Later she visited the Thames Valley Partnership charity, which works to protect and support victims of crime and to support offenders and their families in the Criminal Justice System, in Aston Sandford:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rex gallery ** rex gallery 2 ** rex gallery 3 **

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Duchess Of Cornwall Attends Engagements In London **

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall as President of WOW - Women of the World Festival - hosted a reception to mark International Women's Day at Clarence House today, March 8:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Later she met with Team ExtraOARdinary. "Team ExtraOARdinary rowed their 23-foot boat “Dolly Parton” 3,000 miles from La Gomera in the Canaries to English Harbour in Antigua in 42 days, seven hours and 17 minutes to raise money for cancer charities Macmillan, Cancer Research UK and the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity":

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom