The Duchess of Cornwall's Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a twitter response about this charity. A darla goss said this was Dianas charity and it is Kate who should be in charge of it not Camilla.. If I remember correctly a few years ago it was the charity who ask Camilla to sponsor it. She is doing a great job .

There is a twitter response about this charity. A darla goss said this was Dianas charity and it is Kate who should be in charge of it not Camilla.. If I remember correctly a few years ago it was the charity who ask Camilla to sponsor it. She is doing a great job .

Even though Diana was involved with Bernardo's during her time as Princess of Wales, it doesn't mean that it was exclusively hers for all time. For a time, Cherie Blair held the role Diana had. Now its reverting back to a person that, except for using the title Princess of Wales, holds the position Diana once did.

Bernardo's is *not* a legacy belonging to Diana although it seems that some people seem to believe it is. ;)

Even though Diana was involved with Bernardo's during her time as Princess of Wales, it doesn't mean that it was exclusively hers for all time. For a time, Cherie Blair held the role Diana had. Now its reverting back to a person that, except for using the title Princess of Wales, holds the position Diana once did.

Bernardo's is *not* a legacy belonging to Diana although it seems that some people seem to believe it is. ;)

Well said! HM served as the Patron of Bernardo's for many years before passing the role to Camilla in 2016. From 2007 to 2016, Camilla had served as President of Bernardo's.

Last edited:
"Following the transfer of the role of Colonel-in-Chief of The Rifles from HRH The Duke of Edinburgh to HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, a new official portrait of Her Royal Highness has been released.

In the photograph, The Duchess is wearing a brooch commissioned by The Rifles.

The silver Bugle Horn is central to the heritage of the Regiment and every Rifleman wears a silver bugle as their cap badge."

https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....=984059216d902b964b8246a1e30d5578&oe=5FCB0C08

Am I right in thinking the Regimental uniform colours have forest green and black in the main?

The Duchess of Cornwall as Vice-Patron hosts the virtual Awards Ceremony for The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition 2020 today, November 20:

The Duchess of Cornwall as Vice-Patron hosts the virtual Awards Ceremony for The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition 2020 today, November 20:

This is such a great competition, good to see Camilla support it.

I always enjoy seeing Camilla during her visits for this charity, it's so obvious how much she enjoys it. And her mask is perfect!

Oh me too, Ista. Camilla had me by the heart the first time she went there and didn't go home alone. :D

That beagle in the pictures got eyeballed over by my beagle, Benny, who says "He's not as cute as me". We got Benny as a rescue dog last July. Now he's a foodie with a snout. :lol:

A brilliant idea to have Beth who was rescue dog herself unveil the plaque for her delighted owner and the patron of the charity.

The Duchess of Cornwall as President of Maggie's Centres has recorded a reading of "Christmas" by John Betjeman for the charity's virtual carol concert:

** Pic **

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sharing...what a wonderful organization The Silver Line is and what a wonderful thing Camilla did. I can’t conceive of the loneliness many people are suffering through..it’s heartbreaking.

I’m so glad that Camilla was able to continue her tradition even virtually. These poor kids and their families have been through so much worse than I can even imagine, and they deserve all the happiness they can get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad she was able to do a virtual tree decorating. That was one of the royal events that came to my mind with restrictions at Christmas.
Yes it was always such a wonderful event, memory from last year.

Nice that Camilla was still able to hold the event online. I'm sure lots of the children invited look forward to it, so it's great that they were still invited albeit on video call!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom