The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-24-2015, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the British Equestrian Federation attended Olympia, The London International Horse Show, yesterday, December 17:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Love HRH in that dress, and her interactions with the animals, performers, and people in costume.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Administrator

I've moved your post from the current events thread to this one as all events today were related to the Duchess' Patronage of the National Literacy Trust.

Camilla attended a literature festival that celebrates the work of the National Literacy Trust Hub in Peterborough at Peterborough Cathedral, she visited Boots Opticians, who work with the Trust to highlight the links between eye health and literacy and she attended a reception for volunteers, supporters and partners of the National Literacy Trust Hub.

Old 02-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 02-05-2016, 04:14 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, February 4, the Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the Poppy Factory attended a reception to mark the fact that the charity has now placed 500 wounded, sick and disabled veterans into employment:

Old 02-07-2016, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cornwall to receive honorary degree | Meridian - ITV News
Old 02-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think this is wonderful. Over a span of her lifetime, I imagine she does know more about osteoporosis than many of us ever will and has made it one of her missions in life to support and inform the public about this debilitating disease.

Way to go Camilla!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-07-2016, 10:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think this is wonderful. Over a span of her lifetime, I imagine she does know more about osteoporosis than many of us ever will and has made it one of her missions in life to support and inform the public about this debilitating disease.

Way to go Camilla!

Yes, she's become an expert about this cruel disease the same way I have w/Dementia, through having to watch it take a loved one/Parent away from us piece by piece. It's an Education I know I wish I never have had & I'm sure it is the same w/HRH & Osteoporosis. She is in a position to do what is in her power though, to both educate and fund raise needed Research Dollars to fight this thing in a way I wish I could, and has done in the years since becoming Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall.

Congratulations to Her Royal Highness on a very well deserved honour.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-09-2016, 11:21 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall was in Wiltshire today, February 9.

As President of Prospect Hospice she visited the charity's Outreach Centre and met staff, patients and donors at Savernake Hospital Marlborough and she officially opened the new school building at Forest & Sandridge Church of England Primary School:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Duchess Of Cornwall Visits Wiltshire **

** dailymail: Daffodils for the Duchess: Pupils present Camilla with a spring posy..**
Old 02-10-2016, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Touching photos!

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the Royal Trinity Hospice visited hospice in London to mark the beginning of their 125th anniversary:

Old 02-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

An 125 year old hospice? Wow. In many countries such hospices are a fairly recent phenomenon.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:46 PM
Administrator

That title - and look - suits her!

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Duchess Of Cornwall Is Awarded An Honourary Doctorate By The University Of Southampton **

** people.com: Dr. Camilla! The 'Deeply Personal' Reason the Duchess Is Wearing Doctoral Robes **
Old 02-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Congrats to Camilla She really has been quite dedicated to her patronages, especially osteoporosis since her marriage. The personal connection I guess helps. But her other patronages as well, they seem to be personal choices for her. I find myself having really come to like and respect her over the years.

And she looks very nice for the event as well
Old 02-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Congrats to Camilla She really has been quite dedicated to her patronages, especially osteoporosis since her marriage. The personal connection I guess helps. But her other patronages as well, they seem to be personal choices for her. I find myself having really come to like and respect her over the years.
As have I. Speaking of a person that came to these forums in 2008 and knowing about Camilla only what the rags at the checkout in the supermarket were flashing that week, my opinion and viewpoint on the Duchess of Cornwall has done a total flip flop to the positive.

Along with being dedicated to Osteoporosis, I especially admire Camilla for her dedication to literacy. On a personal angle, her work for literacy has influenced me immensely. I now buy all my used books through a program where the profits from the sale all goes to literacy programs local, national and globally.

I am really liking the recognition that Camilla is getting in regards to the things she does and never fails to look happy doing what she's doing. Maybe, just maybe, more and more people will see her as we do and just how valuable she really is to the "Firm".
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-11-2016, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I always smile when I see her at literacy events. You can see she is such a natural grandmother, I bet her grandkids adore her. Seeing her reading them stories and interacting. She always has a huge smile. I have always been involved in literacy here, working as a study buddy, and the programs get so little support or even notice. It is so important that someone like Camilla steps up and makes it more front and center.

I also like her animal patronages. She has even brought her own dogs on tours who she rescued from a shelter.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Videos:
The Duchess of Cornwall today met with the Faculty of Medicine at Southampton University to learn more about how they work with local hospitals to research skeletal issues. .

Home - ITNSource News

The Duchess of Cornwall has been awarded an Honorary Doctorate by the University of Southampton, where she spoke about her personal experiences with osteoporosis and the research done in part under her patronage. .
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-12-2016, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Posts concerning the Duchess of Cornwall's title have been moved to this thread:

Questions about British Styles and Titles
Old 02-16-2016, 10:36 AM
Administrator

It was announced today that the Duchess of Cornwall is the new patron of RoaldDahl100, a nationwide year of celebration marking 100 years since the birth of Roald Dahl. To mark the new patronage the Duchess of Cornwall visited The Wondercrump World of Roald Dahl at the Southbank Centre and read a passage from Roald Dahl's The BFG today, February 16.

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 02-16-2016, 02:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

It was announced today that the Duchess of Cornwall is the new patron of RoaldDahl100, a nationwide year of celebration marking 100 years since the birth of Roald Dahl. To mark the new patronage the Duchess of Cornwall visited The Wondercrump World of Roald Dahl at the Southbank Centre and read a passage from Roald Dahl's The BFG today, February 16.

** gettyimages gallery **
Wonderful.

Tags
camilla, charities, duchess of cornwall, patronages