The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the Royal Veterinary College Animal Care Trust (ACT) visited the Beaumont Sainsbury Animal Hospital in London today, February 26:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
How lovely, she is a natural with canines.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
How lovely, she is a natural with canines.
Yup.
Methinks that's why she's their patron.
I got a total Siegfried/ Robert Hardy/ ACGAS vibe.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 02-26-2015, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Great photos.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cornwall really is a countryside lady. Wonderful.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:59 AM
Royal Highness

There was no photo of the horse that Camilla remembered seeing as a child.

Quote:
Having toured the wards, Camilla ventured into the teaching part of the hospital where she encountered a familiar face - a horse named Foxhunter which had been through the same plasticisation process as the dog heart.

'I do remember seeing him jump many years ago!' said the Duchess of the horse, which was part of Britain's show jumping team at the 1948 Summer Olympics.
Handing her the plasticized dog heart before telling her it was real. (Not nice. JMO based on her reaction.)

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall looks revolted after being handed a dog heart during vet visit | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-27-2015, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
There was no photo of the horse that Camilla remembered seeing as a child.

Handing her the plasticized dog heart before telling her it was real. (Not nice. JMO based on her reaction.)

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall looks revolted after being handed a dog heart during vet visit | Daily Mail Online
And I always thought Camilla would be a great vet nurse! Maybe not! Don't worry YRH, I'm with you. Let's leave dog hearts to Siegfried shall we?
Did they take the actual head of a dead horse, and put plastic on it?
No way you could get me close to that iguana.
Poor Jessica the kitty looks so pitiful and p****d off! Cue Siegfried/ Robert Hardy.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:46 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of The Big Lunch launched The Big Lunch 2015 - the UK's annual get together for neighbours to help build stronger communities - today, March 10.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio gallery **

** walesonline.co.uk: Cardiff schoolboy gets royal seal of approval for livening up his 'boring' street by organising a Big Lunch **
Old 03-16-2015, 09:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2h 2 hours ago
St Catherine's School in Surrey has announced that the Duchess of Cornwall is now a Patron.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2h 2 hours ago
Camilla has a family connection with St Catherine's School, her great-great grandfather helped to found the school.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-16-2015, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness

School News | St Catherines
Old 04-01-2015, 11:48 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla selling honey for charity

Duchess takes on the Duchy in the battle of the royal honeycombs - Telegraph

Camilla selling honey from Raymill.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:42 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the National Literacy Trust hosted the Final of BBC2's 500 Words Competition at St James Palace today May 29:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** BBC: Chris Evans announces 500 words winners **
Old 05-29-2015, 06:09 PM
Royal Highness

Here's her speech in its entirety courtesy of the DM.

Quote:
Like many other ardent TOGS ( Terry's Old Geezers, for those too young to remember), when Radio 2's Breakfast programme lost Terry Wogan and replaced him with a wild red-headed young man I was tempted to switch channels… but having tuned in to Chris Evans I realised how wrong I was. It was his inspirational idea, five years ago, that gave birth to 500 Words and it is for the final of this great competition that we are all gathered at St James's Palace this morning.

Now, whenever I have the chance (and I don’t often get to talk on Radio 2!) I tell everyone that we must never forget how important reading and storytelling is. I'm sure you'll be doing the same now – telling anybody who will listen how much fun it’s been writing your 500 words. So I thought I should take the Chris Evans Challenge too and write my own 500 Words. I am a tiny bit above the qualifying age, so I have cheated and asked if I may just read my entry out this morning...

I can’t compete with all your brilliant stories, so I’m going to talk about why I think stories themselves are so magical. Before we can write, we tell stories

Close to home, everyone has family stories – about our parents when they were naughty children; about grandparents living in a different world, without smartphones or YouTube; about families moving home, moving countries and making new stories of their own.

Then there are the old stories handed down through the years - about heroes and heroines; myths and legends and fairy tales. They speak to us today about good and evil, right and wrong, fear and courage ... They are retold time after time and reinvented for the big screen too – Thor, Hercules, Cinderella, Jack the Giant Slayer, Into the Woods, Maleficent - to name but a few…

And we all have our own favourites that we could read over and over again. For me, they were the stories my father read to me – wide-eyed Alice finding herself in Wonderland; the fearless Scarlet Pimpernel deep in the dungeons of the Bastille and Oliver Twist daring to ask for more gruel. I can’t guess yours – maybe Paddington Bear, Hairy Maclary, Harry Potter, Horrid Henry or Matilda?

Like climbing through the Wardrobe into Narnia, stories open doors into different worlds. They stretch our imagination and get our brains buzzing. We fall in love with heroes and heroines and can’t turn the pages fast enough to find out what happens. We meet impossible people, travel to remote places and make hundreds of new friends. We look around with new eyes and recognise Horrid Henry next-door and Professor Snape the Chemistry Teacher in the school down the road.

Whether exotic or every-day, heart-warming or heart-stopping, stories help us to understand our world and the people in it. We can all see the differences in our points of view and backgrounds, but the best stories - just like those old tales - show us what we all have in common, what we all share.

It’s no wonder that, once we have opened that door, we want to tell other people what they're missing. Right back to prehistoric families sitting spellbound around the smoking fire, all the way to the technological interactive miracles of Radio 2, people still love a good story.

So my heartfelt thanks to Chris and everyone at BBC Radio 2 for masterminding this awesome 500 Words competition and inviting me to share the magic! Thank you all very much, and congratulations to all the winners, and keep on writing stories!
Camilla hails Chris Evans and hobnobs with Poldark's Eleanor Tomlinson | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-11-2015, 12:12 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

June 10: The Duchess of Cornwall attends the Art Antiques London Party in the Park in aid of JDRF UK.

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 10h10 hours ago
The Duchess became President of @JDRFUK in 2012, a charity that works to improve the lives of people with type 1 diabetes

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 9h9 hours ago
HRH is greeted by the founders of #ArtAntiquesLondon and views artwork at the event @JDRFUK
Image One ** Image Two

Stunning period jewellery pieces are shown to The Duchess at #ArtAntiquesLondon @JDRFUK
Image One ** Image Two

The Duchess meets @BoyGeorge at the #ArtAntiquesLondon event in aid of @JDRFUK
Image One ** Image Two
Old 06-11-2015, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Jamie's Farm visited the charity's latest urban farm project in London today, June 11. Later she unveiled a statue of Tara, the elephant that belonged to her brother Mark Shand.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Duchess Of Cornwall Visits Oasis Farm In Waterloo **

** dailymail: Camilla shows off a chic new bob (and a VERY bling bag shaped like a can of beans) ..**
Old 06-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duchess of Cornwall found herself in the heart of central London - stroking a piglet and petting a lamb - as she opened an inner city farm. Camilla was introduced to the farmyard animals by a group of school children given the job of helping to rear them on the small holding near Waterloo station. In the shadow of railway arches the youngsters are also growing produce on Jamie's Farm, a project which uses the experience of farm life to help troubled teenagers overcome behavioural problems-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-11-2015, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

That piglet needed Siegfried Farnon or Robert Hardy.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:52 AM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Cornwall unveils a statue of Tara.

The Duchess Of Cornwall Unveils Model Of Tara The Elephant - Pictures - Zimbio

The Duchess of Cornwall visits Oasis Farm in Waterloo.

Camilla Visits Oasis Farm Waterloo - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 07-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Royal Highness

Nice and original idea from Camilla :

Dirty money! Camilla auctions off Andy Murray's filthy sweatband that she took home from Wimbledon last week to raise money for charity* | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-10-2015, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

It was a nice gesture indeed! I was surprised as well as delighted when I read Clarence House 's tweets!

Tags
camilla, charities, duchess of cornwall, patronages