The Duchess of Cornwall's Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court Circular 23rd January:
The Duchess of Cornwall, Joint President, the Elephant Family, this afternoon received Mrs. Ruth Ganesh (Chief Executive).

Court Circular 25th January:
The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon received Mr. Roger Lundgren who presented a copy of his book to Her Royal Highness.

The Duchess of Cornwall, President, the Brooke Hospital for Animals, later received Mrs. Petra Ingram (Chief Executive) and Mr. Brendon Elliott (Head of Philanthropy).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeYMaSxFaMK/?taken-by=royal_roger

Last edited:
Court Circular 8th February:
The Duchess of Cornwall, President, Shelterbox, this afternoon held a Reception at Clarence House.

Shelterbox is another especially useful organisation for people in sudden, dire circumstances.

Here are two photos of the above mentioned reception for the disaster relief charity Shelterbox last week. The Duchess of Cornwall was presented with the charity's kits that include solar lights and water filter systems.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Court Circular 20th February:
The Duchess of Cornwall, President, the National Osteoporosis Society, this evening attended a Dinner in London.

Court Circular 20th February:
The Duchess of Cornwall, President, the National Osteoporosis Society, this evening attended a Dinner in London.
Amy pictures or press coverage?

Court Circular 22nd February:
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, Helen and Douglas House, and the London Chamber Orchestra, this evening attended a Concert at Cadogan Hall, Sloane Terrace, London SW1, and was received by Lady Arnold (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

I looked in the main list on the front page but didn’t see Camilla’s role as President of Southbank Centre’s WOW Women of the World Festival listed?

Is that not considered a Patronage of hers?

That Festival kicks off next week.

I looked in the main list on the front page but didn’t see Camilla’s role as President of Southbank Centre’s WOW Women of the World Festival listed?

Is that not considered a Patronage of hers?

That Festival kicks off next week.

The main list hasn’t been updated in years.

Court Circular 7th March:
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, First Story, this evening attended a Letters Live event, Union Chapel, Compton Terrace, London N1.

The Duchess of Cornwall as President of the Southbank Centre's Women of the World Festival hosted a reception on International Women's Day at Clarence House today, March 8, to celebrate this year's festival:

rex gallery **

Soooo I was actually at this reception. I'm in the big group photo - I'm the woman standing right behind the woman in the red turtleneck just behind Camilla.

It was an AMAZING reception. I missed my photo opp with Camilla because I was talking to Lady Sarah Chatto (!). She was super sweet - we talked about my role in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and specifically my new role at a major American tech company. Up close she just looks strikingly like Princess Margaret.

Hilariously after she moved on after our conversation, one of the women with me told me, "That's Princess Margaret's daughter, and HMQ's niece... watch The Crown and you'll see!" I laughed because I 1) knew very well who she was thanks to everyone here and 2) I've binged The Crown more times than is natural, :lol:

I met Louise Martin who is organizing the Commonwealth Games and Jo Swinson of Parliament. I asked Louise if she's sleeping much and she laughed and said no. I said you can sleep after the games in April and she looked so impressed that I knew about them at all!

I also met Annie Lennox, who I didn't recognize at first - I was so startled when she introduced herself that I reacted like "Oh, you are, aren't you!" and she laughed. Everyone laughed actually.

To be surrounded by so many amazing women - especially Jude Kelly who created WOW - what an awesome experience.

For those of you wondering how I got connected to this, being from America - I was part of a delegation that is bringing WOW to the US at scale. So we're doing a million events while we're here (just spoke at JP Morgan) and this reception at Clarence House was one of those events. I'm speaking on a Panel tomorrow at WOW as well.

Also - Prince Charles drove up just as we were walking to Clarence House - he was in full regalia - what a lovely surprise to see him - so dashing and charming.

Camilla was so down to earth and natural - I came away from this with an immense amount of respect for her... I'm bummed I missed my photo opp with her, but I was talking to Lady Sarah and felt it would be rude to walk away until she was finished with our conversation.

The one thing I want to get across was just how approachable and congenial EVERYONE was. Women took me under their wing and dragged me around to meet all of these lovely women. Jo Swinson of Parliament was literally the reason I met Lady Sarah - she personally walked me over to her to make the introductions.

I'm still reeling from how amazing it all was.

All of those amazing women.

Last edited:
WOW! (pun intended) How absolutely marvelous!! I'm sure you were counted as being one of those amazing women at that reception. Hope you're taking a lot of pictures and enjoying London to the fullest.

Good luck tomorrow on your speech and I just know you're going to WOW their socks off. :D

WOW! (pun intended) How absolutely marvelous!! I'm sure you were counted as being one of those amazing women at that reception. Hope you're taking a lot of pictures and enjoying London to the fullest.

Good luck tomorrow on your speech and I just know you're going to WOW their socks off. :D

Thanks! I was bummed (but I understood) that you couldn't take photos inside Clarence House - they take your phone the moment you walk in - but that house was just gorgeous.

You’ve done yourself proud!!!! Good luck tomorrow FashionMaven...you’ll do great! What a thrill!!!

FashionMaven, it was wonderful to read your story. Good luck with your project taking WOW to the US.

FashionMaven, thank you for sharing your experience, and good luck to you! :flowers:

Thanks everyone. It was a surreal experience but a great one.

I had engagements all day today - it made me have real respect for the work the royals do. Day in and day out.

I don’t know if I could do it. It’s exhausting. Camilla must be built like a machine on the inside.

Thank you Fashion Maven for taking the time to share your experience with us here!?

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of The Big Lunch attended a Commonwealth Big Lunch with pupils from Barn Croft Primary School in Walthamstow today, March 13:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the National Literacy Trust attended a reception to mark the charity's 25th anniversary at Plaisterers' Hall today, March 21:

** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article **

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the first hand account, FashionMaven! :flowers: Nice to see your lovely face, too. ;) Nice to hear that Charles is dashing and charming, and of course we always hear that Camilla is down to earth and natural. So all the stories are true! A lovely story. ❤️

I resonate to your observation regarding how exhausting that life style is. :sad: I would never willingly choose it for myself, so to born into it and be required to do it, I don't know.....must be hard to get reconciled to imo.

Soooo I was actually at this reception. I'm in the big group photo - I'm the woman standing right behind the woman in the red turtleneck just behind Camilla.

It was an AMAZING reception. I missed my photo opp with Camilla because I was talking to Lady Sarah Chatto (!). She was super sweet - we talked about my role in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and specifically my new role at a major American tech company. Up close she just looks strikingly like Princess Margaret.

Hilariously after she moved on after our conversation, one of the women with me told me, "That's Princess Margaret's daughter, and HMQ's niece... watch The Crown and you'll see!" I laughed because I 1) knew very well who she was thanks to everyone here and 2) I've binged The Crown more times than is natural, :lol:

I met Louise Martin who is organizing the Commonwealth Games and Jo Swinson of Parliament. I asked Louise if she's sleeping much and she laughed and said no. I said you can sleep after the games in April and she looked so impressed that I knew about them at all!

I also met Annie Lennox, who I didn't recognize at first - I was so startled when she introduced herself that I reacted like "Oh, you are, aren't you!" and she laughed. Everyone laughed actually.

To be surrounded by so many amazing women - especially Jude Kelly who created WOW - what an awesome experience.

For those of you wondering how I got connected to this, being from America - I was part of a delegation that is bringing WOW to the US at scale. So we're doing a million events while we're here (just spoke at JP Morgan) and this reception at Clarence House was one of those events. I'm speaking on a Panel tomorrow at WOW as well.

Also - Prince Charles drove up just as we were walking to Clarence House - he was in full regalia - what a lovely surprise to see him - so dashing and charming.

Camilla was so down to earth and natural - I came away from this with an immense amount of respect for her... I'm bummed I missed my photo opp with her, but I was talking to Lady Sarah and felt it would be rude to walk away until she was finished with our conversation.

The one thing I want to get across was just how approachable and congenial EVERYONE was. Women took me under their wing and dragged me around to meet all of these lovely women. Jo Swinson of Parliament was literally the reason I met Lady Sarah - she personally walked me over to her to make the introductions.

I'm still reeling from how amazing it all was.

All of those amazing women.

Last edited:
Court Circular 23rd May:
The Duchess of Cornwall, President, the Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust, this evening attended a Dinner at the Ritz Hotel, Piccadilly, London W1, to mark the Tenth Anniversary of The Duchess of Cornwall's Presidency.

Court Circular 6th June:
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, Medical Detection Dogs, this morning accompanied The Queen at a demonstration by the Charity's bio-detection dogs to mark its Tenth Anniversary, the Royal Mews, Buckingham Palace.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, St. John's Smith Square Charitable Trust, this evening attended a Concert at St. John's Smith Square, London SW1, and was received by Dr. Paul Knapman (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Today, June 21, the Duchess of Cornwall visited the Garden Museum to view a special British Flowers Week exhibition in collaboration with New Covent Garden Flower Market. As Patron of Floral Angels (who recycle donated flowers) she viewed a flower demonstration by some Floral Angels volunteers:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

As Joint President of the Elephant Family she later officially launched the 'Concours d'éléphant' at the The Oriental Club:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: They smell blooming lovely! The Duchess of Cornwall buries her nose in a fragrant bouquet...**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom