The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Serene Highness

Ahem, as expected.....

The Royalist - A Not-So Smashing Time For Camilla & Victoria

Old 12-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
About what we would expect from this internet rag! I would correct them though, it has been on the BBC ( London and Scotland, I just phoned to check, I could go on to other counties but.....).
Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Camilla with Captain Wright
POLFOTO - altid med i billedet
In this picture, it looks as though she is 'tasting' the champagne and is not that impressed!

Old 12-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
In this picture, it looks as though she is 'tasting' the champagne and is not that impressed!
I thought she shows to the Captain the size of a salmon she fished in the river Dee...
Old 12-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Courtier

Camilla names the Queen Victoria liner - Telegraph

Charles made the ship's officers smile when he spotted a picture of himself on the bridge, depicting a visit to the QE2 he made in 1968, aged just 20.
"Gosh, is that me?" he said. "I look awful".
Old 12-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
I thought she shows to the Captain the size of a salmon she fished in the river Dee...
A tiddler then!
Old 12-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Courtier

Charles and Camilla mischief on new Queen Victoria cruise ship as Duchess blows whistle

Charles and Camilla mischief on new Queen Victoria cruise ship as Duchess blows whistle | the Daily Mail
Old 12-11-2007, 04:13 AM
Royal Highness

You must not be a prophet to know today´s top stories of the D.... Mail and co...It saves much of time to ignore these kind of boring journalism...

It was perhaps fortunate that christening planners had Plan B in effect; as the ritual bottle of Champagne lay flat on the hull just beyond the giant V for Victoria, a young crew member on deck whipped out a spare and did the honors successfully by hand, the old fashioned way.

Cruise Critic News: The Duchess Christens Queen Victoria
Old 12-11-2007, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm positively impressed by Camilla's appearance.
The outfit was perfect and the colour suited the Duchess very much. It was pretty 'Queenly', and it did remind me of the outfits, worn by the late Queen Mother, and the Queen herself.
I'm not yet sure about the headpiece. I need to get used to it.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc View Post
Charles and Camilla mischief on new Queen Victoria cruise ship as Duchess blows whistle

Charles and Camilla mischief on new Queen Victoria cruise ship as Duchess blows whistle | the Daily Mail
What does that mean: 20-a-day baritone? Baritone is okay, but what does the expression 20-a-day mean? Thank you for an explaination.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Administrator

The reporter is claiming Camilla's "booming" voice sounds like a baritone who smokes twenty cigarettes a day. The tone of the article is somewhat negative and bitchy, eg "the curse of Camilla", "the voices of doom were quick to draw significance...", "a Duchess's unfortunate few seconds."
Old 12-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The reporter is claiming Camilla's "booming" voice sounds like a baritone who smokes twenty cigarettes a day. The tone of the article is somewhat negative and bitchy, eg "the curse of Camilla", "the voices of doom were quick to draw significance...", "a Duchess's unfortunate few seconds."
Thank you, Warren. I wasn't sure if it refered to 20 cigarettes or 20 glasses of whisky.... LOL.

As for bitchy, well, the duchess has still way to go till she is as untouchable as HM or the late QM. But she will end up on the pedestral, you'll see!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess names the Queen Victoria luxury liner in Southampton

The Duchess of Cornwall named a new luxury liner after The Prince of Wales’s great-great-great grandmother today.

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess names the Queen Victoria luxury liner in Southampton
Old 12-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
So the bubbly failed to smash, rather than the curse of Camilla, the headline should read 'The curse that will now be upon the idiot who failed to set up the machine at the correct distance and angle'!

The QE2 has been in the news 3 times in the last 4 years for norovirus, so I don't think we need to worry about an unsmashed bottle bringing bad luck.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla follows in Queen's footsteps with luxury liner launch

In a signal honour usually reserved for the Queen, the Duchess of Cornwall presided over the unveiling of shipping giant Cunard's newest ₤300-million liner Queen Victoria on Monday.

Elegant in a pale blue coat dress and striking hat Camilla was all smiles as she arrived at the Southampton docks, clearly mindful of having been tasked with a very special role.
Watched by her husband Charles and a 2000-strong VIP audience, the royal went on push to a button sending a bottle of Veuve Clicquot against the flank of the spectacular 16-deck cruiser.

Even the failure of the bottle of bubbly to smash couldn't take the shine off the occasion. As the Prince of Wales led the clapping his wife's smile didn't falter, and moments later another bottle was successfully broken over the side.

Pictures:
Group picture, with Queen Victoria in the background
Wonderful looking Camilla, with Prince Charles behind her
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Royal Highness

These articles postively annoy me; the "Curse of Camilla"--what rubbish!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Now HE looks as if he is having trouble not touching! You can almost hear him muttering, 'I wonder what that one does', 'they have changed that since my day' or 'Dare I'!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Sorry, I think she looks matronly and with a flower pot on her head. Charles just looks idiotic.. like the cat that swallowed the canary. Well, they both got their wish. Hope they are happy now. I will retire now, along with GillW, and get on with my life.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I don't like the sentiment of the article but I do agree that the coverage was pretty poor - scant reference on any of the national news programmes. Perhaps the launch will feature if they run a story about the maiden voyage
Old 12-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc View Post

Charles and Camilla are really lovely Wonderful pictures !!!!

By the way, has anybody got a link to a video of this event ??

This pic is quite sweet too. Looks like Charles is standing right behinde Camilla, his nose next to her hair !
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/186...polfotovb5.jpg
Old 12-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Serene Highness

The daily mail article is perfectly laughable, love the "secret sailor comments" part...
Anyway anyway anyway here is the video of the event, from the BBC:

BBC News Player - Camilla names luxury liner

Tags
camilla, cunard, duchess of cornwall, queen victoria