The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: October 2013 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite right, Rudolph. She will be queen consort one day, she even though she doesn't use it, she is princess of Wales. If the queen is unable to attend, it is great to see Camilla being asked to step up. She has shown since marriage to be a dedicated patron of her charities, and a capable loving companion to her husband, what ever else one thinks of her.

I think Camilla will do wonderfully well representing the Queen at the parade. Its just another indication of the slow and steady transitions that are happening as The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall take on more and more of the responsibilities of the monarch and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and perhaps Harry step into more responsibilities and duties of being full time working senior royals.

It must make the Queen very proud to know that she can depend and rely on her family to carry on the work the "Firm" does. :flowers:

I had been wondering when she, Duchess of Cambridge or William would start representing The Queen at this parade. Great news indeed. Maybe we'll get some pictures of it, because it's rare to get it.

William and Kate probably won't start "standing in" for the monarch as Camilla is doing for The Queen at this parade until Charles becomes monarch. Its natural to assume that a "stand in" for the monarch would be the ones that are next in line to the monarch. Camilla is next to be Queen Consort (no matter what she is known by at the time) so its natural for her to represent The Queen at the Sandhurst parade.

William and Kate, however, are upping their game at representing The Queen though.

That's my thinking on it anyways. :D

The Duchess of Cornwall attended a reception and recording at Buckingham Palace to mark the announcement of the Woman's Hour 70th Anniversary Power List today, December 13:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

William and Kate probably won't start "standing in" for the monarch as Camilla is doing for The Queen at this parade until Charles becomes monarch. Its natural to assume that a "stand in" for the monarch would be the ones that are next in line to the monarch. Camilla is next to be Queen Consort (no matter what she is known by at the time) so its natural for her to represent The Queen at the Sandhurst parade.

William and Kate, however, are upping their game at representing The Queen though.

That's my thinking on it anyways. :D

I'm not so sure about that, but it's still good news for Camilla in her senior role. The Countess of Wessex has done this as well. I think it's down to The Queen asking one to do this on her behalf. She asks and the family do the job.

Last edited:
The sovereign parade at Sandhurst happens multiple times in a year. The Queen doesn't go to every one. A royal doesn't stand in for her every time either. Sometimes it's a high ranking officer. When did the Queen last do it ? When William passed out?

Maybe Camilla knows someone passing out this time and requested to do it?

I think there is a push on to have the Queen to been seen approving of Camilla as much possible. Earlier in the year we had Camilla being introduced to the Privy Council. Now this.

That's why the headline 'standing in for the Queen', even though the Queen hardly attends this event. Charles is going to need as much ammo as he can get when he has to back peddle on the whole Princess Consort thing.

It's going to be much easier to do a reversal on titles if he has public opinion on his side.

Camilla to be seen having the Queen's blessing probably helps the cause.

Last edited:
It just makes the Princess Consort announcement back in the day seem so stupid. I think Camilla has done a great job.It is going on 12 years of them being married next year and 20 since Diana died. Some people need to take a hint from Frozen and let go of the Camilla hate.

I'm not so sure about that, but it's still good news for Camilla in her senior role. The Countess of Wessex has done this as well. I think it's down to The Queen asking one to do this on her behalf. She asks and the family do the job.

She asks non family to do as well. The parade happens three times a year. This year, Charles was the only family member. A military official represented the queen at a second, abs the third was a foreign Royal. I only saw photos and no caption who but was a middle eastern Royal. Not surprising as many of them have attended sandhursrt.

Skippy, totally agree. People need to let go. Camilla has done a great job for twelve years and will continue. I understand her not using princess of Wales even though entitled to, because of Diana. But Diana was never queen consort. It's time Diana be laid to rest. Camilla is and will be his consort, no matter her title. It's time they stop hiding from a shadow.

Last edited:
A number of royals have represented the Queen at this parade e.g. The Duke of Kent has done it e.g. in 2005 when Harry was a cadet.

The Queen has done it only on a few occasions - William and Harry's passing out parades were special for the very reason that she was there in person which is a rarity.

There have been occasions when foreigners have represented the Queen at this ceremony e.g.April 2015 it was the Chief of Staff of the US Army who took the parade.

The parade only tends to get coverage when a senior royal attends such as The Queen, Philip or Charles but it takes place three times a year and it is about once every two to three years that a British royal even attends.

The Duchess of Cornwall looked lovely during the Sovereign's Parade.

Nice interaction with the cadets. Some of these were really towering in height!

I think my favorite picture was the second one in eya's post. That cadet was trying so hard to be upright and proper but you can tell he's wanting to grin from ear to ear at Camilla. It reminds me of William's passing out at Sandhurst.

Totally magical and totally inspiring to open the doors to imagination for children. I love how Camilla backs this project and this latest stroke of genius to promote Camilla in a way that children will love and connect with really made me smile.

Full day for the Duchess of Cornwall:-

Court Circular

Clarence House
14th February, 2017
The Duchess of Cornwall, President, Royal Voluntary Service, this morning attended a Vintage Tea Party, Trinity Centre, Trinity Road, Bristol, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of the County and City of Bristol (Mrs John Prior).

Her Royal Highness afterwards visited the National Headquarters of Women’s Aid, Bristol.

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited local food producers in North Street, Bedminster, Bristol.

Her Royal Highness, Lady Patron, this evening attended a Reception at the Cavalry and Guards Club, Piccadilly, London W1.

The Duchess of Cornwall subsequently attended a Dinner given by The Queen’s Body Guard of the Yeomen of the Guard at the Cavalry and Guards Club.

Very good to see senior members of the BRF on engagements like this.

I agree and I'm glad to see that their honorary colonel is on hand to greet them at the homecoming parade.

The Duchess is doing great. It is a pleasure to follow her.

As Harry and countless other people have shown us, deploying in a tense war soaked region is never an easy one and the service personnel that are there are there to protect and serve their country.

These are soldiers that deserve our gratitude and having a homecoming parade to welcome them back to their home soil shows not only appreciation but lets those returning know that they're the ones that guarantee our freedoms and our ways of life and they are being thanked for their service.

Having Camilla there puts the icing on the welcome home cake. :D

And, to her credit, she seems very happy to be there for the homecoming. You can see the heartfelt meaning in her face.
I am sure some appearances are just a bit of the same old, but soldiers coming home is always an excellent time! IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom