The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: October 2013 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court Circular 5th March:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited Bousfield Primary School, South Bolton Gardens, London SW5, to celebrate World Book Day, and was received by the Reverend Canon David Reindorp (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Duchess of Cornwall support young musicians, 164 teens currently in lockdown across the UK, sharing musical joy with people who need it the most.

'I'm so proud that these brilliant young musicians, with the help of the public, are performing Beethoven's Ode to Joy for our wonderful NHS and care workers this evening. A huge thank you for cheering up the nation' #NYOdetoJoy

It's quite surreal seeing it turned into a hospital. I remember it being turned into the G-Mex Centre in 1986.

Harrogate (presumably no suitable site in Leeds, as they seem to be going for major population centres?) is next.

The choice of Harrogate is certainly interesting, there isn’t also one beyond Manchester, so the North East towards Scotland or Lancashire doesn’t have anything if needed. However, touch wood, they’re not being used to anywhere near capacity right now.

The one here's "Nightingale North West", so presumably meant for the whole region ... although that's pretty much Crewe to Carlisle, so quite an area. I think there's going to be one near Newcastle too. Hopefully no more will be needed.

The one here's "Nightingale North West", so presumably meant for the whole region ... although that's pretty much Crewe to Carlisle, so quite an area. I think there's going to be one near Newcastle too. Hopefully no more will be needed.

Yes, I work for the North West Ambulance Service who have worked day and night to support the opening, which does indeed cover everything up to Carlisle.

There is an NHS Nightingale in Newcastle, Washington to be precise which is ready but has no plans to open just yet as it might not be needed. The others are Exeter and Bristol which brings the total to six.

My sister is working in the London Nightingale and they are very very few patients as (for now and hopefully on going) the hospitals have capacity.

Its nice though that all the hard work that has been done setting them up is recognised with a royal opening.

Court Circular 12th May:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning joined the judging session for BBC Radio 2's 500 Words creative-writing competition via video link.

To mark this year's Founder's Day today the Duchess of Cornwall has sent a message to the Chelsea Pensioners:

** Message ** Video link **

A message by the Duchess of Cornwall was released to celebrate the 10th anniversary of BBC Radio 2' 500 Words short story competition for children today:

** video ** dailymail article **

The Duchess of Cornwall has sent a message of support to British growers and florists to mark this year's British Flowers Week.

Court Circular 12th June:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning joined BBC Radio 2's 500 Words Final via telephone.

From the Court Circular:

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning held a Meeting with Madame Brigitte Macron (wife of The President of the French Republic) via telephone.

From the Court Circular:

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning held a Meeting with Madame Brigitte Macron (wife of The President of the French Republic) via telephone.

Now that's interesting ...

Why is it interesting? They’re due to meet on Thursday.

That's interesting because Madame Macron will not be in London on thursday precisely. So i guess this phone call was to excuse herself ...
Nice touch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53278186

Camilla's been talking about how much she's missing being able to hug her grandchildren.

This horrible situation with the virus is so hard on all of us.

It's a lovely, informal interview.

That is really one of the nicest interviews I have read about a royal. Usually they are sickly sweet or hatchet jobs but this was, as the mentioned, a three dimensional look at Camilla and by extension, Charles.

I have always admired Charles from his first move into public life and found he was very earnest and worked hard. Camilla has been the leavening, bringing out the love, laughter and real joy in life. But she, like him, is no lightweight.

I remember when she first got involved in Rape Crisis and her first move was a sort of luxury toilet bag with really nice cloth, soap and lotion. The media had a field day ridiculing her and how out of touch with real life she was. They soon learnt better as in spending time with survivors the first immediate need most victims felt was the need to be clean, to wash away any traces. Camilla's idea to help in a practical way was just so down to earth making something necessary just a little bit special.

Finding that she is also involved in fighting Domestic Violence is not in the least bit surprising because most of her causes are down at the coal face of life. Osteoporosis, rape and domestic violence, dog shelters, etc. are all facts of life but celebrities seldom front these very unappealing charities.

Well done Camilla. If anyone shook up the BRF and brought them closer to the realities of life behind the charities Administrators and the people that were selected to meet them for the obligatory photo OP it is her. Instead of them coming to meet her, she went to them in private.

I’m sure some Diana die-hard will be along shortly to tell us why she shouldn’t be Queen while Charles accedes

And just as they are entitled to make their point, it is for the rest of us to decide for ourselves the relevance of such commentary!?

Last edited:
So good to see this "regular" engagement not being disrupted by COVID.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom