The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2016, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I think there is a push on to have the Queen to been seen approving of Camilla as much possible. Earlier in the year we had Camilla being introduced to the Privy Council. Now this.

That's why the headline 'standing in for the Queen', even though the Queen hardly attends this event. Charles is going to need as much ammo as he can get when he has to back peddle on the whole Princess Consort thing.

It's going to be much easier to do a reversal on titles if he has public opinion on his side.

Camilla to be seen having the Queen's blessing probably helps the cause.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

It just makes the Princess Consort announcement back in the day seem so stupid. I think Camilla has done a great job.It is going on 12 years of them being married next year and 20 since Diana died. Some people need to take a hint from Frozen and let go of the Camilla hate.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm not so sure about that, but it's still good news for Camilla in her senior role. The Countess of Wessex has done this as well. I think it's down to The Queen asking one to do this on her behalf. She asks and the family do the job.
She asks non family to do as well. The parade happens three times a year. This year, Charles was the only family member. A military official represented the queen at a second, abs the third was a foreign Royal. I only saw photos and no caption who but was a middle eastern Royal. Not surprising as many of them have attended sandhursrt.

Skippy, totally agree. People need to let go. Camilla has done a great job for twelve years and will continue. I understand her not using princess of Wales even though entitled to, because of Diana. But Diana was never queen consort. It's time Diana be laid to rest. Camilla is and will be his consort, no matter her title. It's time they stop hiding from a shadow.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

A number of royals have represented the Queen at this parade e.g. The Duke of Kent has done it e.g. in 2005 when Harry was a cadet.

The Queen has done it only on a few occasions - William and Harry's passing out parades were special for the very reason that she was there in person which is a rarity.

There have been occasions when foreigners have represented the Queen at this ceremony e.g.April 2015 it was the Chief of Staff of the US Army who took the parade.

The parade only tends to get coverage when a senior royal attends such as The Queen, Philip or Charles but it takes place three times a year and it is about once every two to three years that a British royal even attends.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:01 PM
Majesty

The Duchess attended tonight at the London International Horse Show.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...1829304079.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...1829558481.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...1829562466.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...1828239149.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...orse-Show.html
Old 12-16-2016, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cornwall attends the Sovereign’s Parade at Sandhurst | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Administrator

More pics of today's parade can be found here:

** gettyimages/WPA Pool/Cuthbert gallery **

** gettyimages/zimbio: The Duchess Of Cornwall Attends The Sovereign's Parade **
Old 12-17-2016, 04:34 AM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cornwall looked lovely during the Sovereign's Parade.

Nice interaction with the cadets. Some of these were really towering in height!
Old 12-17-2016, 09:00 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think my favorite picture was the second one in eya's post. That cadet was trying so hard to be upright and proper but you can tell he's wanting to grin from ear to ear at Camilla. It reminds me of William's passing out at Sandhurst.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:49 AM
Majesty

Duchess of Cornwall animated for BBC?s 500 words
Old 01-16-2017, 12:00 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Totally magical and totally inspiring to open the doors to imagination for children. I love how Camilla backs this project and this latest stroke of genius to promote Camilla in a way that children will love and connect with really made me smile.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:48 PM
Majesty

Duchess of Cornwall throws reception for equestrian stars | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-25-2017, 02:24 AM
Administrator

Here are some more nice pics:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Duchess of Cornwall Hosts a Reception for the British Equestrian Teams for the 2016 Olympic & Paralympic Games **
Old 01-26-2017, 11:37 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall was installed as an Honorary Liveryman of The Worshipful Company of Plumbers at Skinners' Hall in London today, January 26:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** dailymail video **
Old 01-26-2017, 12:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cornwall was installed as an Honorary Liveryman of The Worshipful Company of Plumbers at Skinners' Hall in London today, January 26:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** dailymail video **
Excellent.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:58 PM
Majesty

Full day for the Duchess of Cornwall:-

Court Circular

Clarence House
14th February, 2017
The Duchess of Cornwall, President, Royal Voluntary Service, this morning attended a Vintage Tea Party, Trinity Centre, Trinity Road, Bristol, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of the County and City of Bristol (Mrs John Prior).

Her Royal Highness afterwards visited the National Headquarters of Women’s Aid, Bristol.

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited local food producers in North Street, Bedminster, Bristol.

Her Royal Highness, Lady Patron, this evening attended a Reception at the Cavalry and Guards Club, Piccadilly, London W1.

The Duchess of Cornwall subsequently attended a Dinner given by The Queen’s Body Guard of the Yeomen of the Guard at the Cavalry and Guards Club.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Royal Colonel of the 4th Battalion The Rifles attended a homecoming parade and met soldiers who have recently returned from a deployment to Iraq at Normandy Barracks, Aldershot today, February 27:

** gettyimages 1 ** gettyimages 2 **

** dailymail: Don't rain on her parade! Officers help shelter a chic Camilla from the downpour..**
Old 02-27-2017, 10:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cornwall as Royal Colonel of the 4th Battalion The Rifles attended a homecoming parade and met soldiers who have recently returned from a deployment to Iraq at Normandy Barracks, Aldershot today, February 27:

** gettyimages 1 ** gettyimages 2 **

** dailymail: Don't rain on her parade! Officers help shelter a chic Camilla from the downpour..**
Very good to see senior members of the BRF on engagements like this.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Very good to see senior members of the BRF on engagements like this.
I agree and I'm glad to see that their honorary colonel is on hand to greet them at the homecoming parade.