The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Wedding days are such a happy occasion and a very big memory for the couple but having Camilla "crash" their wedding had to bring a extra big smile for both of the newlyweds and that photo makes it all the more memorable.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Majesty

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall wears a tiered dress at the Man Booker Prize Awards | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-26-2016, 03:03 AM
Administrator

Here are more pics of the 2016 Man Booker Prize ceremony yesterday:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 10-26-2016, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duchess of Cornwall Presents the Man Booker Prize-
Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-27-2016, 03:36 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall on behalf of the Queen, Patron of The Royal Commonwealth Society, held a reception for winners of The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition at Buckingham Palace yesterday, October 26:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** englishnews.thaipbs.or.th: Two Singaporean girls receive Queen’s Commonwealth essay competition awards **

** straitstimes.com: Two Singaporeans receive The Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition awards in Buckingham Palace **
Old 11-24-2016, 10:50 AM
Majesty

Duchess of Cornwall meets families of soldiers | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 11-24-2016, 03:12 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall opened the refurbished Piam Brown Children's Cancer Ward at Southampton Children's Hospital today, November 24:

** gettyimages/zimbio: The Duchess Of Cornwall Visits Hampshire **
Old 11-26-2016, 11:05 AM
Majesty

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attends the 60th Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury Racecourse on November 26, 2016 in Newbury, England.

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos Photos - The Duchess Of Cornwall Attends The 60th Hennessy Gold Cup - Zimbio
Old 12-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

CC 7/12

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning received Miss Stella McCartney (Board Director, the Kering Foundation).

The Foundation focuses on combating Violence Against Women. And yes, it is that Stella McCartney.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cornwall will represent The Queen at the Sovereign Parade at Sandhurst for the first time on December 16th-
https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCPeterH...57523048824833

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

She's going to be Queen so like it or lump it this is a step up for her. I personally have no issues with Camilla. She's come a long way.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quite right, Rudolph. She will be queen consort one day, she even though she doesn't use it, she is princess of Wales. If the queen is unable to attend, it is great to see Camilla being asked to step up. She has shown since marriage to be a dedicated patron of her charities, and a capable loving companion to her husband, what ever else one thinks of her.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall will represent The Queen at the Sovereign Parade at Sandhurst for the first time on December 16th-
https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCPeterH...57523048824833
Great news.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:44 AM
Majesty

I think Camilla will do wonderfully well representing the Queen at the parade. Its just another indication of the slow and steady transitions that are happening as The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall take on more and more of the responsibilities of the monarch and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and perhaps Harry step into more responsibilities and duties of being full time working senior royals.

It must make the Queen very proud to know that she can depend and rely on her family to carry on the work the "Firm" does.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

I had been wondering when she, Duchess of Cambridge or William would start representing The Queen at this parade. Great news indeed. Maybe we'll get some pictures of it, because it's rare to get it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-13-2016, 08:53 AM
Majesty

William and Kate probably won't start "standing in" for the monarch as Camilla is doing for The Queen at this parade until Charles becomes monarch. Its natural to assume that a "stand in" for the monarch would be the ones that are next in line to the monarch. Camilla is next to be Queen Consort (no matter what she is known by at the time) so its natural for her to represent The Queen at the Sandhurst parade.

William and Kate, however, are upping their game at representing The Queen though.

That's my thinking on it anyways.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:41 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall attended a reception and recording at Buckingham Palace to mark the announcement of the Woman's Hour 70th Anniversary Power List today, December 13:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 12-13-2016, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
William and Kate probably won't start "standing in" for the monarch as Camilla is doing for The Queen at this parade until Charles becomes monarch. Its natural to assume that a "stand in" for the monarch would be the ones that are next in line to the monarch. Camilla is next to be Queen Consort (no matter what she is known by at the time) so its natural for her to represent The Queen at the Sandhurst parade.

William and Kate, however, are upping their game at representing The Queen though.

That's my thinking on it anyways.
I'm not so sure about that, but it's still good news for Camilla in her senior role. The Countess of Wessex has done this as well. I think it's down to The Queen asking one to do this on her behalf. She asks and the family do the job.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-13-2016, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

The sovereign parade at Sandhurst happens multiple times in a year. The Queen doesn't go to every one. A royal doesn't stand in for her every time either. Sometimes it's a high ranking officer. When did the Queen last do it ? When William passed out?

Maybe Camilla knows someone passing out this time and requested to do it?