The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: October 2013 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Thanks iceflower - it's nice to see Tom attending an event with his mother.

:previous:Yes, it is. It's also nice to see that Tom knows to wear his dinner-suit jacket buttoned up. He sometimes looks a bit sloppily dressed when in casual gear but he does it properly when it matters.

She and Kate are quite well coordinated today, albeit in different places doing different things.

Last edited:
Per Clarence House Twitter, tomorrow (Friday) the Duchess will attend the final of the 500 Words creative writing competition at Windsor Castle.

For those with access to the BBC, it will be broadcast on Radio 2 on Zoe Ball's breakfast show from 7am.

This is one of my favourite Camilla events. I love her enthusiasm for encouraging and the young people who enter show such creativity and imagination.

This is such a good initiative and it is good to see Camilla support it. Increasingly, I find the writing skills of younger people really not being of an acceptable standard, and I am pleased to see the area get some much needed support.

Court Circular 14th June:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning attended a live broadcast of BBC Radio 2’s Breakfast Show’s 500 Words Final at Windsor Castle.

The Duchess of Cornwall/Duchess of Rothesay had a number of engagements in Aberdeen today, June 25.

She visited HorseBack UK, as President of Maggie's she visited Maggie's Aberdeen and she paid a visit to Aberdeen Journals to tour their new offices and present an award to the winner of the Aberdeen Journals' junior journalist competition:

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Duchess Of Rothesay Visits Aboyne And Aberdeen **

** hellomagazine: The Duchess of Cornwall shocks in heels for a trip to the stables **

** eveningexpress: Camilla shares love of horses on trip to veterans’ rehabilitation centre **

** dm: Camilla's designer coat! Duchess wraps up in a £1,500 Burberry trench as she meets ponies on a visit ..**

Last edited:
This is a great charity, and I'm glad to see it getting some attention from the press. It's also funny, and predictable, that the headline is that Camilla "shocks" in high heels for a visit to the stable.

Court Circular 25th June:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Rothesay this afternoon visited Horseback UK, South Ferrar, near Dinnet, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Aberdeenshire (Mr. James Ingleby).

Her Royal Highness, President, the Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust, later visited Maggie's Aberdeen, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Elizabeth Montgomerie Building, Westburn Road, Aberdeen, and was received by Mr. Gregory Poon (Deputy Lieutenant of the City of Aberdeen).

The Duchess of Rothesay afterwards visited the offices of Aberdeen Journals Limited, 1 Marischal Square, Broad Street, Aberdeen.

Good on Camilla at aged 71 for at least trying her hand a table tennis - the Mail's action shots show she did more than just pose with a bat.

In a lovely gesture, Camilla organised and sent a cake to the Test Match Special team commentating on the Cricket World Cup final.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48982212

The TMS team famously love their cake and, on more than one occasion listeners (its a radio programme) have had no idea what has been happening in the cricket because the commentators have spent several overs discussing the cake they've been sent from a listener.

The baker did a fantastic job.

This is Camilla being herself. Very punny (yeps.. I bet they were all bowled over) and a lot of creative thought in her design and words. That cake truly is a work of art and I can imagine that there was a lot of happy cake eating going on with that one. Its just a good thing that someone was able to take a photograph of it before it was consumed. :D

Court Circular 10th July:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon attended the Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London SW19.

The Duchess of Rothesay visited Moat Brae, a museum and the National Centre for Children's Literature and Storytelling, in Dumfries today, September 11:

** Pic **

Court Circular 11th September:
Clarence House

The Duchess of Rothesay this afternoon visited the Peter Pan Moat Brae National Centre for Children's Literature and Storytelling, George Street, Dumfries, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Dumfries (Lady MacGregor of MacGregor).

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom