The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2016, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh yeah, I wouldn't have minded one bit switching with Camilla for that engagement

Old 05-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla presenting trophy at the Badminton Horse Trials today May 8, 2016.
http://www.dw.com/image/0,,19243296_403,00.jpg

Holding the trophy.
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id529323634

With the Duchess of Beaufort
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id529323616

Old 05-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Duchess of Cornwall's horse Pacify wins second place at the York Dante Festival | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-27-2016, 08:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The Duchess of Cornwall cosies up to Tom Hiddleston AGAIN | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-27-2016, 09:05 AM
Nobility

Someone at the DM does not proofread very well because the first line of the article called her the Duchess of Cambridge!!!
Old 05-27-2016, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Way to go, Camilla! *wink* *giggle* Of course she'd cosy up to him.

Camilla looks to me as though she has a great sense of humour. I'd love to have the chance to chat with her over drinks and/or dinner.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:03 AM
Administrator

I bet you are faraway from being the only one

Here's another gallery:

** gettyimages: BR: Duchess Of Cornwall Attends The Globe For The 500 Word Final **
Old 05-27-2016, 01:47 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
Someone at the DM does not proofread very well because the first line of the article called her the Duchess of Cambridge!!!
And that's Julie Walters in the second pic, not Judi Dench!! Dear me…..
Old 05-27-2016, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Seriously, has the concept of proofreading gone out the window

That aside, so jealous of Camilla right now
Old 05-27-2016, 04:09 PM
Courtier

Here is a transcript of Camilla's speech. I think it was perfect for the event and her audience. I have no idea whether she writes her speeches herself but, to me, they always sound as if they were written by her rather than a private secretary. Charles' and Harry's speeches sound the same - personal.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news...s-globe/speech
Old 05-27-2016, 06:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

The royals have some imput into their speeches but they are all approved by the government except the Queen's Christmas Day message. Charles, allegedly writes his own speeches most of the time but he is the only one I believe who does do so. A good speech writer should be able to write a speech that sounds personal to the person delivering the speech.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
A good speech writer should be able to write a speech that sounds personal to the person delivering the speech.

True. In which case the Queen should hire a new speech writing team. Even her Christmas message never sounds personal to me. The theme does but not the words.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, a speech writer is a very important member of staff to politicians or royals. They have to really know the person they write for, so it sounds like the person giving the speech wrote it. Put enough of their character and personality into it, sounds like self-written. A real sign of a good writer, that they can get into the mind and personality of their subject, in this case their orator.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:47 AM
Serene Highness

The Duchess of Cornwall is in Spain for Lady Charlotte Wellesley and Alejandro Santo Domingo wedding

The wedding thread for discussion:

Lady Charlotte Wellesley and Alejandro Santo Domingo. May 28, 2016. >>>

Old 05-28-2016, 08:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
True. In which case the Queen should hire a new speech writing team. Even her Christmas message never sounds personal to me. The theme does but not the words.
I've read/heard that the Queen writes most of her own speeches, and I've read/heard the same about Charles. I've also read/heard that they both uses speech writers to some of their speeches, but as Iluvbertie wrote: All speeches are approved by the government.

I love the Queen's speeches and her Christmas Messages used to be very warm and personal to at least 2006 (which was a very good speech.) Now her message are less personal, but she is still good at it despite her age. And I still love her Commonwealth Day messages.

Many of the Queen's other speeches has also been warm and personal, and both her Golden Jubilee Speech and her Irish speech are two of the best speeches I've ever heard.

This is the lady who said she was proud of her people, the lady who used to thanks people from her heart and the lady who used to say that she was overwhelmed by their kindness. But she rarely give speeches today, because of her age.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Duchess of Cornwall moved to tears over girl's story of losing grandma to dementia* | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-28-2016, 09:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall is in Spain for Lady Charlotte Wellesley and Alejandro Santo Domingo wedding

The wedding thread for discaussion:

Lady Charlotte Wellesley and Alejandro Santo Domingo. May 28, 2016. >>>

Wonderful to see the spouse to the future King also mingling with the who-is-who on the Continent. Always a bonus to widen the worldview.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:06 AM
Royal Highness

And that's why i like the Duchess of Cornwall so much :

BBC Radio 2 - 500 Words, "We all love words" - Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cornwall on the power of language
Old 05-30-2016, 03:54 PM
Royal Highness

I beleive that Charles and Cam have made private visits to Ireland...
Old 05-31-2016, 05:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I beleive that Charles and Cam have made private visits to Ireland...
They have certainly made an official trip last week to Ireland, not sure I'd there were private visits independent of that trip as well