The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Has anyone heard anything of the Duchess and her back? It's been a while since we have seen her? The 19th?

Old 01-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Has anyone heard anything of the Duchess and her back? It's been a while since we have seen her? The 19th?
18th December, International Horse Show. Nothing anywhere

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (or to be correct the Duke & Duchess of Rothesay) attended morning service at Crathie Kirk last Sunday.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks to both Cepe and Camsterlaird! In return, I just looked at the etymology of Crathie and it refers to stony ridges or land. Word of the day!
Old 01-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2h 2 hours ago
The Duchess of Cornwall will attend a reception in celebration of Australian food and drink, to mark Australia Day on 26 January.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall received the BBC Radio 2 Breakfast Show presenter Chris Evans at Clarence House today, January 20, following the launch of the children's story-writing competition 500 Words, which Camilla is supporting this year.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** Bauergriffin/zimbio gallery ** dailymail: Evans enlists Camilla's support **

Old 01-20-2015, 03:55 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cornwall received the BBC Radio 2 Breakfast Show presenter Chris Evans at Clarence House today, January 20, following the launch of the children's story-writing competition 500 Words, which Camilla is supporting this year.
I'm happy to see the DoC sponsoring something like this that will be a competition. I don't know about all of you but I can remember cringing when assigned to do an essay "in 500 words or more" (usually on some ghastly subject). To this day, I still somewhat enjoy writing. This contest encourages creativity and imagination and I'd love to read the winning entries.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Majesty

I think Camilla's work with literacy for all ages goes largely unnoticed. I guess it isn't 'sexy' enough. But when it comes to kids and literacy she is uniquely qualified as a hands on Gran.

She seems to translate familial relationships to her interaction with young children and literacy to terrific effect and let's be honest here, who wouldn't love to hear stories with our much loved Gran. I am guessing more than a few of us have life-long memories of our grandparents, and family other than our parents, reading to us.

Taking on this Essay Competition is a logical progression and while it looks to be fun it's a daunting challenge for the particepants . . . 'and for your mid term exam, a 500 word essay' . . . . are words that sent a chill down my spine on more than one occasion. But somehow I think Camilla will make it sound fun.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's good to see Camilla again. I hope her back is better.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-20-2015, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm happy to see the DoC sponsoring something like this that will be a competition. I don't know about all of you but I can remember cringing when assigned to do an essay "in 500 words or more" (usually on some ghastly subject). To this day, I still somewhat enjoy writing. This contest encourages creativity and imagination and I'd love to read the winning entries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think Camilla's work with literacy for all ages goes largely unnoticed. I guess it isn't 'sexy' enough. But when it comes to kids and literacy she is uniquely qualified as a hands on Gran.

She seems to translate familial relationships to her interaction with young children and literacy to terrific effect and let's be honest here, who wouldn't love to hear stories with our much loved Gran. I am guessing more than a few of us have life-long memories of our grandparents, and family other than our parents, reading to us.

Taking on this Essay Competition is a logical progression and while it looks to be fun it's a daunting challenge for the particepants . . . 'and for your mid term exam, a 500 word essay' . . . . are words that sent a chill down my spine on more than one occasion. But somehow I think Camilla will make it sound fun.
@ Osipi- I love writing short stories!

@ MARG- You really struck a nerve! I think you're absolutely right. There's something about Grammys, and I'm not talking about the musical award here. When my Grammy died, I told my Mom I didn't want to be read to at bedtime anymore. Mind you, both Grammy and Mom both read to me a lot more than bedtime, but Grammy was the best. When she died, it made me too sad- it wasn't the same. Am I making sense?
Of course now as an adult- I read by myself- Mom was sad when I stopped wanting a bedtime story, but she understood.
I do have a little confession however- I love listening to actor Robert Hardy tell a story, and lots of kids agree with me! There's something magical about it that I can't put into words- and that reminds me of Grammy. Story time is hands down my favorite memory of her.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Belga Pictures

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 01-21-2015, 12:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hands up if you love Camilla! Duchess of Cornwall meets excited schoolchildren and reveals she's encouraging 'my step-grandson called George' to read-
Duchess of Cornwall meets excited schoolchildren | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-22-2015, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Here's an additional gallery of yesterday's event:

** pm: La duchesse de Cornouailles fait dormir Chris Evans **
Old 01-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Radio host to Camilla: You made me oversleep | Royalista
Old 01-26-2015, 03:40 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall attended a reception in celebration of Australian food and drink to mark Australia Day in London today, January 26:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: Duchess of Cornwall pokes fun at food critic son Tom Parker Bowles and says he's getting .. **

** news.com.au: Camilla attended the Australia Day reception in London and overseas preparation of Aussie grub **
Old 02-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
The Duchess of Cornwall, Royal Colonel, 4th Battalion, The Rifles will visit their training facilities in Wiltshire on 11 February.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall today, February 6, joined celebrations to mark the 175th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi at a brunch showcasing New Zealand food and drinks in London:

** zimbio/gettyimages: Camilla Parker Bowles at the Waitangi Day Brunch **

** theaustralian.com.au: Camilla gives thumbs up to Kiwi green tea **
Old 02-07-2015, 04:53 AM
Serene Highness

Duchess of Cornwall honours newspaper staff among war dead at historic Fleet Street chapel* | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know when and where this picture was taken?

It is from a February 2014 DM article.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...95_634x773.jpg

Thanks
Old 02-11-2015, 01:03 AM
Royal Highness

Found the answer to my question.

It was Saturday November 10, 2007 at the service of remembrance at the Cenotaph in London with members of the War Widows Association that Prince Charles is Patron.

Thanks