The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: October 2013 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Camilla_zps5975f0c8.png

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall

Welcome to The Duchess of Cornwall's
Current Events Thread, Part 14

Commencing October 1, 2013

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
@RoyalReporter: The Duchess of Cornwall, who's patron of several organisations promoting literacy, is to present this year's Man Booker Prize.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 1h
On 16th October, The Duchess of Cornwall will attend the British Food Fortnight's 'Service to Celebrate the Harvest' at Westminster Abbey.

@RoyalReporter: The Duchess of Cornwall, who's patron of several organisations promoting literacy, is to present this year's Man Booker Prize.

Really looking forward to this. I love that Her Highness is so passionate about literacy, and love of reading.

This appeared on the PoW website (referring to 11 October entry):

Diary
When I searched online, there was nothing. Still no joint events for C&C scheduled in the diary.

Camilla to be guest of honour at charity concert in Marlborough:

Youth Action Wiltshire is delighted to announce that The Duchess of Cornwall will be guest of honour this month at a fundraising concert in aid of Youth Action Wiltshire.

The concert, Divine Music for Trumpets and Voices – the Life of George Frideric Handel, will take place in the chapel at Marlborough College on Friday October 25.

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/headlines/10733711._/

Live coverage as the Duchess of Cornwall presents the prestigious Man Booker Prize for the best fiction book of the year. Rebecca Jones presents from London's Guildhall- 9:30pm UK Time- BBC News
BBC World News - BBC News Special, 15/10/2013 GMT

Live Coverage Outside UK-
tvpc.com - BBC World News `

Your link worked! Thank you. But I got home late and missed Camilla's speech, so I wrote CH an email and asked them to upload a video (they released the printed version). I'm sure they'll get on it right away. :ROFLMAO:

It is disappointing that Ms. Ruth Ozeki did not win. She is a wonderful writer. Ms.Catton's masterpiece is a just heavy artificial story with cheap pretensions to look intellectual.

Last edited:
Interesting ! Laurentien was one of the few royal guests at the Duchess 's wedding back in 2005. They seem to really enjoy each other's company.

Interesting ! Laurentien was one of the few royal guests at the Duchess 's wedding back in 2005. They seem to really enjoy each other's company.

Interesting fact about Laurentien at Camilla's wedding that I wasn't aware of!

They both have a passion for books, reading and literacy, so I'm sure it's easy for them to have a conversation and share a bond.

Any idea of the reason for this visit to Clarence House?

May well have been a general catch-up, having met in Amsterdam in April at the inauguration of King W-A.

Just reiterates my view that the BRF are actually quite close to the various European royal families, but just keep their contact private and usually outside the purview of the press.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camilla and Laurentien are patrons of very similar charities (books, reading). Maybe, they discuss future projects.

Last edited:
Rain? What rain? The Duchess of Cornwall defies the downpours in elegant royal blue as she arrives for Westminster Abbey's harvest celebrations | Mail Online

"Despite arriving home late, Camilla was up early this morning for a private meeting with Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands, during which the pair discussed the problem of falling literacy rates, according to Clarence House."

Duchess of Cornwall Celebrates Harvest | Royal Hats
Lovely photos- especially the one with the horse.:D All that was missing was Robert Hardy- Siegfried on All Creatures Great and Small.:D Love the outfit. Wow, what a hat. Cannot decide if I like it or not. Call me crazy, but I am leaning towards like.

Dont know what to think of the hat but I have to say she looks great in that color blue. :)

that hat does nothing for her or her outfit. I much prefer her in bigger hats with brims if she must wear one.

Here's a gallery of yesterday's Man Booker Prize ceremony with several nice shots of Camilla:

** gettyimages/zimbio: Eleanor Catton Wins the Man Booker Prize **

Today, October 16, she has received Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands at Clarence House:

** gettyimages/zimbio: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Meets Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands **

Those are very nice photos of Camilla and Laurentien. I got the impression that they're old friends who are catching up. Thanks for posting iceflower. :)

What a "non-story" just designed to fill space!

Yes it is but the DM have taken to doing this recently. I can recall two stories analysing the contents of the Queen's sitting rooms at Buckingham Palace and Balmoral.

I hope this is a formal sitting room/reception room. To me it doesn't seem to have much of a homely feel. Even the family photos/portraits feel as if they've been chosen by an interior designer rather than by the family.

Yes it is but the DM have taken to doing this recently. I can recall two stories analysing the contents of the Queen's sitting rooms at Buckingham Palace and Balmoral.

I hope this is a formal sitting room/reception room. To me it doesn't seem to have much of a homely feel. Even the family photos/portraits feel as if they've been chosen by an interior designer rather than by the family.

Its my guesstimation that there are certain rooms at Clarence House which Charles and Camilla use to entertain guests, hold dinner parties and lunches and other occasions that would pop up. They do host various things at Clarence House rather than BP. I think it is as homey as I expected it to be. From what I understand, Charles likes things to be in their right place and he's not the type you'd expect to leave his socks under the couch or set a cold drink down on a wood table without a coaster. Camilla, however, is more easy going and isn't adverse to a little mess or grimy finger prints or muddy boots in the hall. For that she has Ray Mill.

To be honest, I'd wager that if were were to compare sitting rooms of Clarence House and Highgrove, they'd basically have the same "feel" to them. Only disorganized area I've ever heard of is Charles' study where he has his own organized mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom