The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: October 2013 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cornwall delivered video message to mark the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.

I have such amazing respect for Camilla and her continued work on the topic :flowers:

Violence against women is a topic that once again is taboo still to talk to. The see but don't speak kind of attitude to domestic abuse in many cases. She has worked so hard to cast a light on the work including promoting the work for toiletry kits for sexual assault victims. Its not one of those 'trendy' patronage themes and one more people need to speak out on.

I wish Camilla got more attention. She really does great work for causes :flowers:

Lovely to see Camilla add her support to BBC's Strictly Come Dancing final tonight. She's right about it bringing people together & I'm intrigued to know who she voted for!

Yes it was a lovely addition to the show! IIRC the royals are fans of Strictly, I remember reading Sophie took Louise to be in the audience for her 15th birthday.

Lovely to see Camilla add her support to BBC's Strictly Come Dancing final tonight. She's right about it bringing people together & I'm intrigued to know who she voted for!

Yes it was a lovely addition to the show! IIRC the royals are fans of Strictly, I remember reading Sophie took Louise to be in the audience for her 15th birthday.

I enjoyed Strictly Come Dancing as well and often read some other forums/thread for updates and different perspectives! :flowers:

I was watching clips of the contestants' routine on the Strictly's youtube channel and did not watch the full episode of the final. Thank you Lilyflo, HereditaryPrincess and eya for letting us know about Camilla's appearance. I totally agree with her on how Strictly lifted the public and country's spirit.

The Duchess of Cornwall is launching her Reading Room, which will offer book recommendation and provide insight from the authors themselves.
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall @ClarenceHouse
Introducing, The Duchess of Cornwall’s Reading Room! [Books]
HRH’s brand new literary project will offer book recommendations and provide insight from the authors themselves in a community space for all book lovers.
#TheReadingRoom Winter Season will be revealed on January 15th.
8:32 PM · Jan 1, 2021·Twitter Web App

Replying to @ClarenceHouse
To kick off the year, in a special film, The Duchess invites author
@charliemackesy to talk about his book, 'The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse'.
To hear what they had to say, head to #TheReadingRoom on Instagram [Downwards arrow]
https://bit.ly/3b0ldGe

The Duchess of Cornwall is a passionate supporter of literature and Patron of several organisations which promote literacy, including @Literacy_Trust, @FirstStory and @beanstalkreads.
8:32 PM · Jan 1, 2021·Twitter Web App​

The Duchess of Cornwall’s Reading Room has its own instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/duchessofcornwallsreadingroom/

Charlie Mackesy did an interview with The Duchess of Cornwall and also showed his book illustration with his own narration. The first six posts are dedicated to his work.

And This is how you Royal kids. Representing Solid things And ideas that people can relate to.

The Duchess of Cornwall is launching her Reading Room, which will offer book recommendation and provide insight from the authors themselves.
Introducing, The Duchess of Cornwall’s Reading Room! [Books]
HRH’s brand new literary project will offer book recommendations and provide insight from the authors themselves in a community space for all book lovers.
#TheReadingRoom Winter Season will be revealed on January 15th.

To kick off the year, in a special film, The Duchess invites author
@charliemackesy to talk about his book, 'The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse'.
To hear what they had to say, head to #TheReadingRoom on Instagram [Downwards arrow]
https://bit.ly/3b0ldGe

The Duchess of Cornwall is a passionate supporter of literature and Patron of several organisations which promote literacy, including @Literacy_Trust, @FirstStory and @beanstalkreads.
8:32 PM · Jan 1, 2021·Twitter Web App​

The Duchess of Cornwall’s Reading Room has its own instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/duchessofcornwallsreadingroom/

Charlie Mackesy did an interview with The Duchess of Cornwall and also showed his book illustration with his own narration. The first six posts are dedicated to his work.

Too many people have forgotten the benefits from sitting quiet and just reading a book these days. As a fellow bookaholic, it warms my heart every time I hear that Camilla is also one of us and promoting the love of books.

In the spirit of Camilla also campaigning for rescue dogs, I offer this quote:

"“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” ~~ Groucho Marx :D

With so many of us living in places where are libraries and bookstores are closed to us, this should be a wonderful new source. ?

Wonderful idea and bravo to the duchess!

As someone who loves books and loves reading, I think this is just fabulous. Thank you, Camilla !

Camilla's devotion to her literacy patronages/charities is something that I greatly admire. While I currently an missing going into the library or bookstore and pick up/browse the books, this is a fantastic substitution.

What a great idea!

Coming from a total book worm who longs for the days of libraries and book stores, I was so happy to see this. Such a wonderful idea.

Camilla really has been dedicated to her literacy charities from day one.

This project fits her like a glove. A great initiative.

:previous: Thank you for sharing this today. As an educator and parent I know the thrill when children have progressed past merely recognizing the sound/symbol relationship and for English language readers have memorized their sight words (is, of, the etc...) and now can visualize and fully comprehend the text for fiction and non-fiction. This is the culmination of a journey that truly begins in infancy as children begin to be receptive to language. My heart breaks for those denied the opportunity to learn how to read for a wide variety of reasons.

I am so pleased that Camilla is sharing her personal story of her lifelong love of reading.

As Chancellor of the University of Aberdeen the Duchess of Rothesay participated in a virtual celebration of Robert Burns:

"Today, we’re thrilled and delighted to share a special message of congratulations from HRH The Duchess of Cornwall to mark the 10th anniversary of Flowers from the Farm."

Last edited:
Today, March 30, the Duchess of Cornwall met pioneers of Rail to Refuge at Victoria Station in London. Rail to Refuge is a "joint initiative between rail companies and Women's Aid in which train operators cover the cost of train tickets for women, men and children travelling to refuge accommodation".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** rex gallery **

** dm article: All aboard! Duchess of Cornwall is elegant in a teal dress as she boards a train from London Victoria..**

The Duchess of Cornwall also visited the headquarters of Kamsons Pharmacy in Uckfield, East Sussex:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
Yet another of her down to earth, practical charities. The way her mind works never ceases to impress me.

The Duchess of Cornwall did an interview with Claire Cohen from The Telegraph on domestic violence and abuse at 7th May. She mentioned about how this topic is close to her heart.

Duchess of Cornwall: ‘We all know someone in an abusive relationship’
We join Her Royal Highness on a visit to a domestic abuse refuge – and learn why it is a cause so close to her heart
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/duchess-cornwall-know-someone-abusive-relationship/

Archived link to the Telegraph article: http://archive.ph/Ga2VR#selection-1531.0-1535.59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom