The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

But unfortunately the Queen never seemed to be able to say "No" to Mummie where family matters were concerned. It might have been better for her if her father had lived longer and her mother hadn't gone on quite so long.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
What a good idea! Everything is said again and again and again on 63 sites...
Friday night i will have a privat ´it´s over´ party.
( And that´s not because i have no moral because of Diana´s death)
Good idea, milla Ca. I will have a huge drink, too.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen View Post
Good idea, milla Ca. I will have a huge drink, too.
Oh hornsen, i just want to send you a pm to invite you to my party! Cheers!
Old 08-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Courtier

You´re welcome, milla Ca! I will think of you while drinking.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Gentry

oh please it's just sick to talk about parties like you do. it seems youre happy with dianas and camillas situation..
ill party too when i see the grey face of charles alone in the memorial. that will be funny.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:48 PM

Oh puhlease, I think we'll all be celebrating when this farce is over.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Nobility

Unfortunately the October inquest is just a few weeks away....
Old 08-29-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Well, the betters want a memorial service. End of story, right?
Of course not. William and Harry are certainly not my betters. They gave away any right to that claim when they played the celebrity card and did all this "Just call me William" rubbish.

Quote:
If one is going to talk the talk about betters and divine right, remember that two princes of the blood royal are leading a memorial service on Friday so if you happen by the Guards Chapel and see them, walk the walk and remember to bow, scrape and jolly well genuflect to them and whatever African baby they may be holding. It's their right by virtue of their birth, correct?
Again, no. They have to play the game. When they act like Royalty, they'll get the respect accorded to Royalty.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

So you would prefer for them to act stiff and have their heads so far up their behinds instead of them just trying to be themselves?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:26 PM

They're not paid to be themselves. If you want clowning around we can give you Amy Winehouse or Pete Docherty but call me old fashioned, I like my Royals to be Royal. Acting stiff hasn't done the Duke of Edinburgh any harm has it?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Amy Winhouse isn't that bad she just has alot of self issues with herself and her husband that she needs workout mind you her music is awesome. The Duke was once viewed as a racist and has been accused by Al Fayed for having Dodi and Diana killed which is not true of course. So it has done him some harm.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
They're not paid to be themselves. If you want clowning around we can give you Amy Winehouse or Pete Docherty but call me old fashioned, I like my Royals to be Royal. Acting stiff hasn't done the Duke of Edinburgh any harm has it?
The Duke isn't that stiff. He is dignified when the occasion calls for it, but I wouldn't say he has that stereotypical "British stiff upper lip" or whatever. He knows how to laugh at things during the out and about stuff. I don't think you're views are old fashioned, Sam. Truly, I agree with most of what you post. But sometimes the "stiffness" of the royal family is exaggerated. I mean, look at Prince Charles, how funny he is. I guess the most "stiff" one is Prince Edward, though! Prince Edward is much stiffer than Princess Anne, who is often unfairly accused of having a "stick up her butt".
Old 08-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
So, to you royalty is just a paid staff that act, shalll we say snotty. You should have hired better. The Duke, bless his heart, is from another time and he believes to a certain extent, he deserves his position. Actually, he married rather well, thanks to circumstances, he could have ended up as a doorman. He, of all people, gave his eldest son little, according to his eldest son. He did teach him that a something on the side was okay. His wife, being as circumspect as she was, put up with it. Not having the vague idea who the other two people in your note are, I cannot comment on them.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:29 PM

The problem is, good deportment, speaking properly, living by the rules of good form and correct manners are determined as stiffness.

Quote:
Amy Winhouse isn't that bad
But you wouldn't want her as Queen surely? Thats the difference between Royalty and Celebrities. And sadly, William and Harry are more celebrity than royalty. In my opinion.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

One can have good deportment and live by the "rules" and still be warm, intertesting and fun. You have just allowed yourslef to believe all that stuffiness is "correctness". It is just stuffiness and self-importance, without regard to others.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
But you wouldn't want her as Queen surely? Thats the difference between Royalty and Celebrities. And sadly, William and Harry are more celebrity than royalty. In my opinion.
No obviously that role doesen't suit her being royal doesen't suit her. Can you imagine if she divorced her husband and decided to date Harry she'll make Fergie look like a sweet angel.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The problem is, good deportment, speaking properly, living by the rules of good form and correct manners are determined as stiffness.

I know I am going to get screamed at but IMO Diana's desire to make the boys be normal has unfortunately caused them to be too celebrity like/ less royal.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
It is just stuffiness and self-importance, without regard to others.
If the Royal Family can't have self-importance who on earth can?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

No one. We are all the same. "All men are created equal". The Declaration of Independence. It is true. No man is above another. You may think so, but many of us do not. Why would an accident of birth make anyone better? It does not. Sorry.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:02 PM

We're not bound to the declaration of independance COUNTESS. We're not American, we British have built our country on different principles and indeed, a belief in birth right that can ultimately lead to one man being born above another. That's the British way, that's why we're discussing the British Royal Family - because we dont believe that all men are equal.

Tags
camilla, diana's death and funeral, duchess of cornwall, memorial, princess diana, princess of wales