The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 03:05 PM

No letter is required. Nor is the sale of jewellery. {personal comments deleted - Elspeth}

Old 07-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
And to the poster who indicated that perhaps a family should behave differently under these circumstances of second marriages based in infidelity,
You wrote "We were not disrespectful to her, but we had exactly one paternal grandmother, who was laid in her grave in 1960. My grandfather's second wife (his partner in adultery) was not my grandmother, and not my father's mother.", so it would seem that was all you thought of her, rather than accepting her as an individual, who clearly loved your grandfather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabby
I find it very sad that some Diana fans express their "love" for Diana by voicing their hatred and contempt for Camilla and/or Charles at every opportunity. And now, the issue of whether or not Camilla should or will attend is receiving so much media attention it threatens to eclipse the very purpose of the memorial service, which is to remember and celebrate Diana's life.

As far as I am concerned, Camilla was invited as a member of the Royal Family, she should attend, and the media should focus on the service and not be preoccupied with those in attendance
Thank You Tabby, lovely post yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
No letter is required. Nor is the sale of jewellery
I agree, lets be honest, nothing short of "I'm sorry I am still alive" would do for some people!

Old 07-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Nobility

I think that Camilla should go! She is not there for any other reason, but that the boys asked her to come. I know that just because you do not get along with some one (being family or friends) always does not mean that the death did not effect that person. I think that Camilla is doing what is best for her family and it does not matter what the world thinks.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Aristocracy

I canīt believe that William and Harry love Camila. I suposse They have to tolerate Her.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:14 PM

They love her. End of.

Quote:
"I'm sorry I am still alive"
LOL. Fabulous.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I canīt believe that William and Harry love Camila. I suposse They have to tolerate Her.
Well, Harry said that they loved her, but I suppose you can choose not to believe them. That really isn't the topic of this thread, though.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
I canīt believe that William and Harry love Camila.
Then you must think Prince Harry is a liar. for in his 21st birthday interview in 2005 Harry denied that Camilla was a "wicked stepmother", declaring that he and William "loved her to bits" and that it was good to have her around.

"To be honest with you, she's always been very close to me and William... But no, she's not the wicked stepmother. I'll say that right now," he said.

"Everyone has to understand that it's very hard for her. Look at the position she's coming into. Don't always feel sorry for me and William, feel sorry for her."
Old 07-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Aristocracy

I personally don't think it would be a good idea for Camillla to assist in the memorial of Diana because she isn't really liked by some Daina fans. I think it would just add a lot more controversy than needed although it is Camilla's choice in the end.
I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that.- Princess Diana
Old 07-25-2007, 04:42 PM

Then don't have the memorial service. It's not exactly needed after the concert and if it causes this amount of hurt amongst the Di loons then it's just not worth having.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
the Di loons .
Old 07-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Aristocracy

The Duchess was asked to attend by her family. I think it's very unselfish of her to go - it shows a tremendous amount of courage (because of the flack she continues to get) and love for her family (step-children included). I find myself amazed how the Duchess continues to be persecuted. Really and truly, what does anybody gain from it?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I've finally come to a decision. I think that Camilla will do what she personally thinks will give her the best image with the British people.
Where did you get the idea from that Camilla caters to the British public? She certainly never did that but behaved as she deemed right. Which found favour with a lot of people lately. I at least really think she will do what she (and her husband plus aides) think is the right way to behave. And she will do it with dignity.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post

I agree, lets be honest, nothing short of "I'm sorry I am still alive" would do for some people!
You are sure that this would be enough? Dreamer....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Serene Highness

I think that at the end of the day common sense should prevail. Camilla was having a relationship with Prince Charles which Diana, as his wife, obviously objected to. Without getting into a debate about the rights/wrongs of either side it would thus be in poor taste for Camilla to attend the memorial, I mean, what is she remembering apart from the bitter disputes the two women had over Charles? I really don't favour either side but things were as they were and I think "the public" will think it very distasteful to see Camilla at this event.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Gentry

Sorry because of my english...I don't write very good in tht language.

I think she souldn't go...she damaged Diana when the princess was married to prince Charles. I think that would be a provocation for people who loves Diana's memory.

___
es mi humilde opinión
___

Claudia
Old 07-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Royal Highness

The eyes of Texas will be on her that day and she knows it....
Old 07-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
I think this is a total non-discussion. Camilla is invited by the boys and so she will come, whether people like it or not. I mean, if William and Harry can get over it, we should probably ask ourselves if we're not exaggerating a bit. I think Diana can be proud that she has two open minded sons who are an example of forgivingness...

And next to that I think that Camilla will be all modesty while attending the ceremony. She has taken up her part with diginity and I'm not afraid we will see a change in her behaviour in the near future...
\

Maxie is correct. If Diana's boys can forgive her and accept her-then we all should too. I am very proud that the boys are mature in regards to Camilla's role in their lives and their father's. I think Camilla will have mixed feelings at the memorial service because of what people think and her relationship with Diana. I real feel for her at this occasion.

I still remember her at her wedding and how nervous she was that Charles had to help her find her place in the pray book. I think Camilla paid for things as much as Diana in the past.

I think if Diana lived we would have seen two divorced partners living in peace. My dear Diana please rest in peace now after 10 years.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I've finally come to a decision. I think that Camilla will do what she personally thinks will give her the best image with the British people. Let's face it: for the most part, the British people truly are Diana fans. Camilla is going to get bashed whether she goes or she doesn't go. She just has to pick what she or Charles thinks will save her image the best in the minds of the British people.

BTW, for all the people who seem to think that I am bashing Camilla in some way: I'm not. I like her a lot, but I think that she needs to make smart decisions when it comes to this.
People probably think that I'm a hypocrite now, since I keep changing my opinion. But I talked it over with an extremely intellegant friend, and they made me realize what risks Camilla would have if she went. First of all, you have to think about how Diana would feel about her being there. Diana would probably be strongly against Camilla being there (Diana would probably be strongly against the marriage in general, actually.). She hated the woman. Of course, as was stated earlier, Diana didn't like about half the people there. But, in the case of the members of the RF who she didn't like, they're as I said, members of the royal family. They weren't the "other party" in the marriage. Camilla is a member of the RF now just as much as any wife or husband is/was, but I don't think she should come, even though she has been invited. She should probably politely decline without making a big deal.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
The eyes of Texas will be on her that day and she knows it....
That's fabulous Lady M...

See Camilla hoping out of the Rolls, looking for the closest CNN or CBS media pact before placing her hand over her hat, kicks of the heels and just bolts for it, into the barracks...
Old 07-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Royal Highness

I
Quote:
think she souldn't go...she damaged Diana when the princess was married to prince Charles. I think that would be a provocation for people who loves Diana's memory.
I think if we're only concerned about the Diana fans who love her memory then we are short sighting the entire event. This is a memorial to remember Diana. Camilla's attendance is at the request of Diana's children, and thusly, Camilla will be there to honor Diana as their mother. I think it is very unselfish of her to do so.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana's death and funeral, duchess of cornwall, memorial, princess diana, princess of wales