The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
She also did some good for the monarchy.
I wonder if the monarchy would agree.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

all i know is i hope camilla has a lovely spa day friday, massage, facial, little bubbly because after all the mud she's been pulled through over this imo she deserves a good pampering. i hope she ignores and makes life a trial for those so called "advisors" at clarence house. they seem to be treating her like they did diana, shows how stupid they are- camilla is smart and even more important has the love and support of her husband- i hope she cuts them off at the knees and leaves them to bleed to death.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc View Post
I can accept your reasons for Camilla not attending the service but I don't agree with you about the judgment of Camilla's character.Not even a proper royal biography really Knows Camilla well enough to make such a judgment.All they have are the pieces of information from their sources but rarely Camilla's side sources. It's not about Camilla's camp but it is about lacking reliable evidence in hand to make such judgements.I hope that you can see my point and you can keep you opinion about Camilla.

I don't believe that Camilla is a calculating woman because the Queen and Prince William and Prince Harry accpeted Camilla's importance in Charles's life long time ago. The Queen allowed Charles to marry Camilla,gave her HRH,loaned her heirloom jellerys and I believe that the Queen chose to accept Camilla exactly because she was never a calculating woman. Charles is not that stuipid to let himself being calculated for 35 years without being doubted her motives.
Calculating people are very smart. It is not a put down. She, through 30 years, quietly had to calculate how she should deport herself, as to not lose the Charles' love. She shrewdly removed herself from sight after Diana's death. You see, shrewd and calculating people need not be evil people, just analytical. They, of course, many times are self serving. As to the queen letting Charles marry her. Remember she was non-negotiable. The queen either allowed them to marry or they would remain together, unmarried, which, IMHO, she believed to be worse. Most of the jewelry that she has been lent, has come from the Queen Mother's trove, which would enure to Charles at some point, anyway. There are several books about that quote the queen as referring to Camilla as "That wicked woman". Do I know this on a personal level, of course not. As for Charles, Camilla is the mother he never had. Her greatest feat to quote him directly "is to love him". Charles is a vain, spoiled child, who wants love and admiration. Camilla provides that. But now we are so far off topic.......
Old 08-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I wonder if the monarchy would agree.
Yes they probably would.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Courtier

This whole thing has gotten so out of control.

It seems as if "honoring the memory" of a person has turned more into "tribute".

If they really wanted to honor their mothers memory, they should have had a PRIVATE service with just family members in attendance.
and then they should have set up a PUBLIC service at another church for friends and the public. That way, whoever wanted to attend, could attend on their own accord.
This way the RF would have not been criticized and it would have not turned into a tug of war of who should go and not go. It just seems as if they have lost sight of what this is all supposed to be about and turned more into a major PR event.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

Camilla should have gone...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
William and Harry ...................... organised this service in full knowledge that it would put the Duchess of Cornwall in an awful position. And who stood up for the Duchess? Nobody.
Hmmm, I wonder if this is why they invited her?

Seriously, perhaps this memorial was designed by Charles to put a line under the whole Diana thing, and that required Camilla's presence at this memorial for Diana. Somehow this reminds me of another of life's cruel ironies -- Diana wanted Love, and instead she got Public Adulation and Publicity. I suspect Camilla wanted Public Adulation and instead she does get Love but only Public Scorn.

I can understand how inappropriate it would seem to most people to have Camilla at this memorial. On the other hand, I can also understand why Charles thought it was absolutely essential to have Camilla there -- to start the process of their moving out of Diana's shadow as a couple. If Camilla's first priority was Charles and their marriage, she would have gone to this memorial, and ignored the public's opinion. But she couldn't do that. I wonder why?

Sadly, the message Charles will get from Camilla's refusal to support him through this memorial is that the Public's Approval of her is more important than Charles is to her. Perhaps it always has been. Just another one of life's little twisted ironies.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Yes they probably would.
"Diana almost lost us our throne, our position and everything we know. Oh how we adore her". Yeah right...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Now that is a matter up for debate the Princess of Wales may have caused some damage to the monarchy but she wasn't the only one. She also did some good for the monarchy.
My view of this purely religious memorial service comes from the perspectives of her sons. They would never disparage their own birthright by insulting their grandmother or their dad..or their stepmother. Imvho,They are simply denoting a painful anniversary and trying to find some spiritual way to heal a very empty place in their life. A religious service is not a place to boast, hurl insults or define family divisions..but a place of quiet, dignifed remembrance of what Diana meant to her sons. I would hope the memorial service can be viewed as the end of mourning and a wellspring of spiritual strength for William and Harry. Let us focus on this alone and not loose sight of this through all the bickering debate on Camilla. William and Harry need our thoughts and prayers....they miss their mother tremendously.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
If Camilla's first priority was Charles and their marriage, she would have gone to this memorial, and ignored the public's opinion. But she couldn't do that. I wonder why?
Since so far, her actions have all been consistent with a woman who supports her husband, I assume this latest decision was in response to a request from a source she couldn't ignore, i.e., Buckingham Palace. She's never given the impression of a person who seeks the limelight or the approval of the public.
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
"Diana almost lost us our throne, our position and everything we know. Oh how we adore her". Yeah right...
Well thats your opinion but I don't agree with it.
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
William and Harry are not children anymore and should have learned by now that you never bite the hand that feeds you, which is ultimately what they've both done. They organised this service in full knowledge that it would put the Duchess of Cornwall in an awful position. And who stood up for the Duchess? Nobody.
And who are the first ones to say : 'They love their step mother etc.'
And Charles is the husband, he's the one who must stood up. BTW I thought the Duchess was strong enough to defend herself as her admirers would say ... But hey, that's true, we need someone to blame, so let's all blame the dead Diana and her sons ! Great !

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:13 PM

Her sons had no need to have this service. No need at all. And because they did, we've now seen the same old division of 1997. Great!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
all i know is i hope camilla has a lovely spa day friday, massage, facial, little bubbly because after all the mud she's been pulled through over this imo she deserves a good pampering. i hope she ignores and makes life a trial for those so called "advisors" at clarence house. they seem to be treating her like they did diana, shows how stupid they are- camilla is smart and even more important has the love and support of her husband- i hope she cuts them off at the knees and leaves them to bleed to death.
I am sure Camilla always has an alternative plan when she is cast aside because of Diana...I would suspect she goes up to her jewelry closet and counts her future crowns and daidems...checks her pulse with a smile...and then has a good,refreshing drink all the while thanking God she doesn't have to climb into a girdle and pantyhose in August.....and then measures her column inches of press.
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Her sons had no need to have this service. No need at all. And because they did, we've now seen the same old division of 1997. Great!
Her sons had every right to have this service they wanted to commorate the 10th anniversary of their mother's death. This division was caused by the media not them.
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Well you can see that with them, that's not my problem. And there's no bad intentions by wanting to remember their mother. Inviting their step mother to it was their decision so you can talk about it to them if you feel it was not a good thing to do.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Courtier

I still wonder how many truths behind all these newspaper information? Why all these newspapers and royal watchers are blaming Charles for everything happened? I never get a feel that he is a popular figure among these people and they knew his style: never response and he is always one of their best used royal targets.

It is a pity that both Nigel Dempster and Ross Bension died and there is no regular journalist who can really get reliable information from his camp. Daily Telegraphy may have some kinder journalists to him and Times may have one or two. That's all I suppose. Anyway I don't believe it were Prince Charles's fault because he was that kind of person who forced Camilla or his sons to do something they truly don't want. It does not apply to his character.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I totally agree. I hoped they would have done something private as they did in 1998 up at Crathie Church in Scotland. They have stirred up a hornet's nest by revisiting all that bad blood. But they realize the public might want "something" so their advisors came up with this..which I think was a bit of a mistake since the people who were responsible for Diana's image and energy (Jephson and Burrell) were not even invited. I wish they had opened a children's hospital wing or unveiled a statue..but to cause bitterness, strife and discomfort does not bode well for them under their own roof.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:22 PM

Why the 10th? Why not the 5th? They could have simply asked that the Dean of Windsor include a few prayers for her on the 31st. Simple, effortless.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
This whole thing has gotten so out of control.

It seems as if "honoring the memory" of a person has turned more into "tribute".

If they really wanted to honor their mothers memory, they should have had a PRIVATE service with just family members in attendance.
and then they should have set up a PUBLIC service at another church for friends and the public. That way, whoever wanted to attend, could attend on their own accord.
This way the RF would have not been criticized and it would have not turned into a tug of war of who should go and not go. It just seems as if they have lost sight of what this is all supposed to be about and turned more into a major PR event.
That would have been a lovely idea.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Bugger.... What nonsense!

icSouthlondon - Camilla walks on eggshells ten years on

Was Camilla right to pull out of Diana memorial? - Reuters Blogs REUTERS!!!!

BBC NEWS | UK | Camilla's event decision pondered

Guardian Unlimited | Comment is free | Camilla has done the right thing, but how is one to know who to invite to a memorial service?

All the while they are shoving money into their bank accounts whilst making fools and idiots out of innocent people.

Tags
camilla, diana's death and funeral, duchess of cornwall, memorial, princess diana, princess of wales