Should Camilla attend the memorial service for Diana?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But unfortunately the Queen never seemed to be able to say "No" to Mummie where family matters were concerned. It might have been better for her if her father had lived longer and her mother hadn't gone on quite so long.

What a good idea! Everything is said again and again and again on 63 sites...
Friday night i will have a privat ´it´s over´ party.
( And that´s not because i have no moral because of Diana´s death)

Good idea, milla Ca. I will have a huge drink, too.:flowers:

You´re welcome, milla Ca! I will think of you while drinking.:lol::lol:

oh please it's just sick to talk about parties like you do. it seems youre happy with dianas and camillas situation..
ill party too when i see the grey face of charles alone in the memorial. that will be funny.

Oh puhlease, I think we'll all be celebrating when this farce is over.

Unfortunately the October inquest is just a few weeks away....

Well, the betters want a memorial service. End of story, right?

Of course not. William and Harry are certainly not my betters. They gave away any right to that claim when they played the celebrity card and did all this "Just call me William" rubbish.

If one is going to talk the talk about betters and divine right, remember that two princes of the blood royal are leading a memorial service on Friday so if you happen by the Guards Chapel and see them, walk the walk and remember to bow, scrape and jolly well genuflect to them and whatever African baby they may be holding. It's their right by virtue of their birth, correct?

Again, no. They have to play the game. When they act like Royalty, they'll get the respect accorded to Royalty.

So you would prefer for them to act stiff and have their heads so far up their behinds instead of them just trying to be themselves?

They're not paid to be themselves. If you want clowning around we can give you Amy Winehouse or Pete Docherty but call me old fashioned, I like my Royals to be Royal. Acting stiff hasn't done the Duke of Edinburgh any harm has it?

Amy Winhouse isn't that bad she just has alot of self issues with herself and her husband that she needs workout mind you her music is awesome. The Duke was once viewed as a racist and has been accused by Al Fayed for having Dodi and Diana killed which is not true of course. So it has done him some harm.

They're not paid to be themselves. If you want clowning around we can give you Amy Winehouse or Pete Docherty but call me old fashioned, I like my Royals to be Royal. Acting stiff hasn't done the Duke of Edinburgh any harm has it?

The Duke isn't that stiff. He is dignified when the occasion calls for it, but I wouldn't say he has that stereotypical "British stiff upper lip" or whatever. He knows how to laugh at things during the out and about stuff. I don't think you're views are old fashioned, Sam. Truly, I agree with most of what you post. But sometimes the "stiffness" of the royal family is exaggerated. I mean, look at Prince Charles, how funny he is. I guess the most "stiff" one is Prince Edward, though! Prince Edward is much stiffer than Princess Anne, who is often unfairly accused of having a "stick up her butt". :rolleyes:

So, to you royalty is just a paid staff that act, shalll we say snotty. You should have hired better. The Duke, bless his heart, is from another time and he believes to a certain extent, he deserves his position. Actually, he married rather well, thanks to circumstances, he could have ended up as a doorman. He, of all people, gave his eldest son little, according to his eldest son. He did teach him that a something on the side was okay. His wife, being as circumspect as she was, put up with it. Not having the vague idea who the other two people in your note are, I cannot comment on them.

The problem is, good deportment, speaking properly, living by the rules of good form and correct manners are determined as stiffness.

Amy Winhouse isn't that bad

But you wouldn't want her as Queen surely? Thats the difference between Royalty and Celebrities. And sadly, William and Harry are more celebrity than royalty. In my opinion.

One can have good deportment and live by the "rules" and still be warm, intertesting and fun. You have just allowed yourslef to believe all that stuffiness is "correctness". It is just stuffiness and self-importance, without regard to others.

But you wouldn't want her as Queen surely? Thats the difference between Royalty and Celebrities. And sadly, William and Harry are more celebrity than royalty. In my opinion.

No obviously that role doesen't suit her being royal doesen't suit her. Can you imagine if she divorced her husband and decided to date Harry she'll make Fergie look like a sweet angel.

The problem is, good deportment, speaking properly, living by the rules of good form and correct manners are determined as stiffness.

I know I am going to get screamed at but IMO Diana's desire to make the boys be normal has unfortunately caused them to be too celebrity like/ less royal.

It is just stuffiness and self-importance, without regard to others.
If the Royal Family can't have self-importance who on earth can?

No one. We are all the same. "All men are created equal". The Declaration of Independence. It is true. No man is above another. You may think so, but many of us do not. Why would an accident of birth make anyone better? It does not. Sorry.

We're not bound to the declaration of independance COUNTESS. We're not American, we British have built our country on different principles and indeed, a belief in birth right that can ultimately lead to one man being born above another. That's the British way, that's why we're discussing the British Royal Family - because we dont believe that all men are equal.

We're not bound to the declaration of independance COUNTESS. We're not American, we British have built our country on different principles and indeed, a belief in birth right that can ultimately lead to one man being born above another. That's the British way, that's why we're discussing the British Royal Family - because we dont believe that all men are equal.

Too bad. This is the 21st century. I know many British people, some who are my cousins and they seem to feel as I do. You seem to be caught in some Victorian drama.

Maybe. Nice to see the American feeling that their way of doing things is the only way is still alive.

Maybe. Nice to see the American feeling that their way of doing things is the only way is still alive.

It is not just an American way, it started that way, but many feel that way. It is sad that anyone thinks that by reason of birth, some one is better. God created us all as we are and loves us that way. There is nothing special about the RF. The best and the brightest are everywhere. Some of the worst have big positions, doesn't make them "better". YOU are as good as all. We are far off topic, but I do respect your feelings. It just makes me sad that anyone thinks they are inferior by reason of birth or any other reason.

Nice to see the American feeling that their way of doing things is the only way is still alive.

True, The Declaration of Indapendance is of no value to those not under it's jurisdiction, but we musn't start throwing rocks at glass houses, sweetness. British Imperialism can be just as prominent :lol: My word it can and you yourself have displayed it many times over.

And I agree, a monarchy needs self importance. If 'they' can't take themselves seriously then how on earth they can expect the general public to :flowers:

I feel sorry for Camilla here...damned if she does attend the service and damned if she doesn't!

Since we know she isn't attending, should this thread not be closed now?

Well, it stayed open when we knew she was attending...

We'll be closing it tomorrow when we open the thread about the service itself.

No one. We are all the same. "All men are created equal". The Declaration of Independence. It is true. No man is above another. You may think so, but many of us do not. Why would an accident of birth make anyone better? It does not. Sorry.

Even in the USA it does. One of the things that's kept the royal family going during the last 50 years while society has become more egalitarian is the unspoken contract between the royals and the public, where the royals have great privileges and correspondingly great responsibilities. The problem over the last couple of generations is that some of the royals, including some of the senior ones, have given every impression of taking advantage of the privileges without wanting to step up to their responsibilities. With his relative lack of royal duties and his highly publicised night-clubbing, William is beginning to be seen as one of these freeloaders, and that isn't good.

British Imperialism can be just as prominent. My word it can and you yourself have displayed it many times over.

Me? Imperialist? I had a cousin Evelyn.

With his relative lack of royal duties and his highly publicised night-clubbing, William is beginning to be seen as one of these freeloaders, and that isn't good.

Exactly my point. I would expect him to be doing alot more than he is and the claims that he's being secretly prepared for Kingship don't show many benefits if the claims are true - which I dont think they are.

I'm glad this thread is shutting down--it has become far too inflammatory. Ladies, I will be drinking in spirit with you on Friday when this whole debacle is over and we can talk about the actual events of the memorial--who came, who was with who, who said what, who wore what, etc.....
Good bye to the "Should Camilla attend the memorial service for Diana" thread--your time came and is now gone.
Toodles.......

Of course not. William and Harry are certainly not my betters. They gave away any right to that claim when they played the celebrity card and did all this "Just call me William" rubbish.

Well then I find your logic very confusing especially after stating:

We want the RF to be these holier than thou people who never put a foot wrong but then we criticise them for not being human enough. They show a human side and they're not being royal enough. They honestly can't win.

Or do these words only apply to Charles and Camilla in your opinion?

Again, no. They have to play the game. When they act like Royalty, they'll get the respect accorded to Royalty.

So basically, you would rather see William and Harry marry without love as long as it's to the right pedigree, keep mistresses on the side, start a new religion when they don't agree with the rules of the C of E, kill any wife that falls out of favor, have no involvement in the upbringing of their children, claim other countries as theirs just because they brought a flag, demand sexual favors from any bride on their wedding night, and then Harry should poison William and kill any children William may have had and then hide them in the tower, taking the crown for himself?. Perhaps they will be royal enough when William becomes King and shoves an act through Parliament banning the papparazzi from following him like a hawk. After all, the reason why previous royals looked less like celebrities was that they more or less controlled the press.

Where does it stop? Why do they have to earn their royalty when have made it quite clear that royals are born your betters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom