The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 03:29 PM

No, I do actually mean it. I still like the Queen and I still like Camilla but I just don't support the institution anymore. And I'd be more than happy to send Camilla a letter of support but it wont change what's happened. She's been forced to bow before a lobby that has no idea of how a monarchy has to work and if that has to happen everytime, I think it'd be better for us all if we put everyone out of their misery and allow Charles and Camilla to play countryfolk as they want to, let those boys play Casanova-pop star which they want to and give the UK something better.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Royal Highness

My heart and my thoughts are with The Duchess.

Bless her. The darling.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
BBC NEWS | UK | Camilla pulls out of Diana event

I am now officially a republican. The Royal Family have once again bowed to the morons who make it their life's work to promote the agenda of someone who brought nothing but damage to the monarchy and it's been allowed to happen once again by Camilla pulling out of this service. This is obviously going to happen every time Camilla wants to do something and I find it farcical. Absolutely farcical. Get them all out of Buckingham Palace, I want a President where this sort of thing won't be an issue. Good riddance to the lot of them. The House of Windsor could have used Camilla as the great asset she has the potential to be, instead, they've shoved her aside so that corpse worshippers can revel in her exclusion and it makes it me sick to the pit of my stomach when I think that we're to be treated to the gloating and carping on by imbeciles who will now think that Camilla bows to Diana. It's sickening. The whole institution has been tainted, it now has to bow and scrape to nutters and I can't see that doing any good for anyone. It's time for a President because the Monarchy has well and truly served it's purpose.
you can have my president
Charles 'hijacks' Diana memorial | the Daily Mail
this is interesting and i took my grain of salt but it could explain the pr fiasco.
i'd be surprised camilla wanted to go, she's a smart woman she knows what she's up against (i'm beginning to think she doesn't have any friends in the princes office jmho) one of the reasons i've come to admire her so much is her dignity and down to earth support of her husband and stepsons as her first priority (and i consider myself a diana fan).
i've never seen her try to take the spotlight or seem to be trying to grab attention, all this circus isn't a reason to become a republican it was all to make $$$$$$ on 2 young mens mothers dead body, (capitalism).
the duchess couldn't win either way, looking at the overall picture i'm not sure in the end it was really about her, the stories wouldn't have been much different with a different headline "camilla not welcome/invited to memorial service" or "camilla refuses invitation to memorial service". there would have been 40 pages with the same arguements. i don't live in the UK so i suppose my opinion isn't much but this seems to be an underlying current of many forces i don't understand. the sooner this is over the better! Long live the Queen.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:58 PM

Of course it's a reason to become a republican. What next? At the coronation are we going to hear that Camilla's chosen to wear a Diana mask so that her fanatic admirers can imagine it's Diana sitting there instead? At State Banquets, are we to make Camilla wear a name tag that says, "Unworthy". This is symbolic of the way the Windsors have become - they've bowed to the press and the uneducated. They've lowered themselves and the institution and in my opinion, Diana has now succeeded in being the key cause in totally destroying the British monarchy.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Unfortunately, most of them are, even the word 'fan' denotes a fanatic. I tried suggesting calling supporters, admirers, but that went down like a lead balloon. Some really are over the top though and as Elspeth said, what we would like to call them is not allowed! I hasten to add, I don't hold you in this category.
Thanks Skydragon. I appreciate that you agree that some are different . I've never seen the point of taking it on Camilla. I guess people just wanted to 'materialized' all the sadness of Diana in a person : Camilla (which is the most silly thing I've ever heard since Diana was already not quite happy before even knowing Prince Charles.) And her death increase this hatred to a point that today, like BeatrixFan said, the RF can't do anything about it. I think these loonies don't understand that what they're doing is damaging Princes William and Harry.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Courtier

I commend the Duchess of Cornwall's decision and actions.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Serene Highness

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
starting already fox headline "Royal Snub"
perhaps it wasn't a question of the institution bowing to pressure as camilla putting her foot down and saying "not going, end of discussion." as an outside observer from across the pond it hasn't changed my opinion of the monarchy so much as made me question the integrity of the royal "advisors"
imo this has shown how dignified and strong camilla is and how much she loves her husband and stepsons and wanted to support them. this makes the "diana cult" look bad, if they really loved her they would never cause her sons pain like this, they should be ashamed.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Courtier

I really don´t understand this decision. Charles and Camilla had come through so hard times and had to face so many hostilities. And especially Camilla stood there with grace and never faded. And now? A memorial service about one hour! 2 days of good and bad press and it would be over!
Or where there security reasons? May be she got murder threats.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Royal Highness

I´m very sad to hear now that Camilla will not attend. I can understand her reason and i think it was a hard way for her to decide, but i belive it is the wrong decision: wrong for the Wales Family, wrong for the Royal Family, wrong for the Monarchy.

And i´m sad that it is ten years after the death of Diana not possible to have a church service in dignity and peace. But after reading some posts in this thread i can not expect that there will be peace in 20 or 30...years. What a sad world is that????

My thoughts and my heart and my love are with The Duchess of Cornwall. She will go her way also without attending this service and we should never stop to give her our support!
Old 08-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Royal Highness

Thank God for good friends speaking out! Rosa would know the Princess feelings at that time of her death about Charles and Camilla. I think if Diana lived she would have accepted Camilla as Charles's wife.

It is a memorial service for Diana and Camilla's present would have over shadow the service. I think Camilla knows deep down that there was THREE PERSONS IN THE WALES' MARRIAGE! She is a member of the RF and has done nothing wrong thing since marrying Prince Charles. This in my opinion this shows she is a wise person and does not want to do anything wrong by attending the memorial. Even the Queen did not want her to attend. She will make a good Queen some day because of her common sense.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
I´m very sad to hear now that Camilla will not attend. I can understand her reason and i think it was a hard way for her to decide, but i belive it is the wrong decision: wrong for the Wales Family, wrong for the Royal Family, wrong for the Monarchy.

My thoughts and my heart and my love are with The Duchess of Cornwall. She will go her way also without attending this service and we should never stop to give her our support!
I agree. She is the boys' father's wife, and she should be included, and she was invited. But there will probably be less hub-bub if she isn't there.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
BBC NEWS | UK | Camilla pulls out of Diana event

I am now officially a republican. The Royal Family have once again bowed to the morons who make it their life's work to promote the agenda of someone who brought nothing but damage to the monarchy and it's been allowed to happen once again by Camilla pulling out of this service. This is obviously going to happen every time Camilla wants to do something and I find it farcical. Absolutely farcical. Get them all out of Buckingham Palace, I want a President where this sort of thing won't be an issue.
If pandering to short-term public opinion is a problem for you, you don't want a president. Politicians in western democracies are ruled by short-term public opinion. However, I agree with you that one of the main advantages of a monarchy is that the monarch can afford to take the long view of things, and that's exactly what isn't happening here.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Of course it's a reason to become a republican. What next? At the coronation are we going to hear that Camilla's chosen to wear a Diana mask so that her fanatic admirers can imagine it's Diana sitting there instead? At State Banquets, are we to make Camilla wear a name tag that says, "Unworthy". This is symbolic of the way the Windsors have become - they've bowed to the press and the uneducated. They've lowered themselves and the institution and in my opinion, Diana has now succeeded in being the key cause in totally destroying the British monarchy.
I understand the sense with everything here, except somewhat I must disagree with the last sentence (and of course, the first one, as I'm not a republican, neither in the British or American sense, especially not in American sense). I think it is more the people who think they know or knew Diana who have caused the problem this time. People who assume, based only on the most generalized history of Diana, that Diana didn't want Camilla ever to be forgiven. But if they would just pay attention to what Diana herself had said, her own words, they would hear a very remarkably forgiving woman speaking. Diana was remarkably forgiving in her heart. Diana forgave Charles and Camilla, I believe this and know this and base this knowledge on Diana's words. From the horse's mouth. She forgave, and she was moving on with her life, and the "fates" intervened and took it away, but this is not anyone's fault. She died tragically, horribly, and we (or at least I am and some of you reading this) miss her.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffir View Post
But there will probably be less hub-bub if she isn't there.
But what you call ´hub-bub´ is made by the media, by the press. I agree with ysbel and others who say that this decision is a victory of the press. Are the Royals or is the Monarchy so weak that the press can dictate what they have to do ?
I think Camilla is only a victim, but all this isn´t good for the future of the Monarchy and that´s makes me disappointed and sad.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
But what you call ´hub-bub´ is made by the media, by the press. I agree with ysbel and others who say that this decision is a victory of the press. Are the Royals or is the Monarchy so weak that the press can dictate what they have to do ?
I think Camilla is only a victim, but all this isn´t good for the future of the Monarchy and that´s makes me disappointed and sad.
Oh dear, where's the time when the press was still objective ... What a fuss! The press listened once again to the loonies and didn't ask the sensible people (I believe it wasn't a good deal for the paper's sales. It's true, being realistic doesn't pay ).

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-26-2007, 05:35 PM

All of this was caused by the media, no doubt there (not for me). What is saddest of all is how predictable it all was. How predictable, how typical of the press to play the cards this way. They scream, "No Camilla, no Camilla," and they chant it over and over, and the predictable result is that Camilla won't go. How predictable, how typical, how sad.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Press Objective? What, are you kidding? I think that has never happened!
Old 08-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Courtier

I, for one, have always been opposed to the form of this memorial service, believing it to be contentious and divisive, which it has been. I have always thought it a manufactured PR exercise (when has there ever been one before?; why weren't Diana's sons told that a friends and family gathering would be more appropriate if they wished to have one, and not a 500 seat spectacular which excluded so many of their mother's genuine friends?), and as is so often the case, the whole exercise has been turned into a farce.

The only one who was bound to suffer was Camilla, as she has. The only one who has shown good sense throughout is Camilla, who was, allegedly, reluctant to go from the beginning and only agreed to do so at her husband's insistence. The only one who comes out of this with any kudos at all, is Camilla. She is a woman, obviously, of common sense and sensitivity, and it's a great pity, in my opinion, that the rest of the family apparently share very little of her intuition and nous. Time and again the Windsors get it wrong; they need Camilla to bring some reality into their lives. That she has been unfairly victimised in this whole matter is clear to me, but I do not blame the gutter press so much as I do those royal advisers who just don't have a clue and never have had. They've almost brought the family down before and once again, have exposed them to all sorts of criticism and spite, particularly the Duchess. I do believe that she was seen as being expendable in all of this and it truly annoys me.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Majesty

Is it the coutry that I admire?!

It is rather funny to see how one part of the UK denigrates the other part. “This is symbolic of the way the Windsors have become - they've bowed to the press and the uneducated” (BeatrixFan, 2007). Are those, who regard the presence of Duchess of Cornwall in this memorial service as inappropriate, uneducated and morons?

“Politicians in western democracies are ruled by short-term public opinion” (Elspeth, 2007). Does it make them less worthy than the Royal Families that repose on laurels of their ancestors?
Old 08-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

I think it was her choice to not attend. I think it would have been a distraction. But it would still be nice for her to attend so that people would know that despite the differences Camilla has respect for Diana as a mother and fellow human being.

Tags
camilla, diana's death and funeral, duchess of cornwall, memorial, princess diana, princess of wales