The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #781  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
Well, I have to say that while I think that this is the right decision, and although I think that she should have made that decision in the first instance, I am dissappointed in Camilla. For two reasons, number one, by doing this she is making it more of a spectacle than need be, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY:

I am dissappointed because while I thought her going was a bad decision, I found it admirable that she was able to make that decision, knowing the controversy it was likely to cause. I am dissappointed because she does not have the courage to stand by her decision. I think that once she made the decision it was her decision and she should have kept it.

Her doing it this way has made her take a step back in the positive forward movement that she had made for me.

Anyway, again, just my opinion.
It's possible that this wasn't her decision. If the Queen's advisors decided that she shouldn't go, there may not be much she could do about it. And of course she's the one who'll take the blame for attracting so much press attention (as though she actually wanted it!) and then being a coward at the last minute.
__________________

  #782  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:25 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
I'm kind of getting sick and tired of heaing that Diana fans are against Camilla attending the memorial. I AM a Diana fan and I AM NOT against Camilla going. PLease, lets stop generalizing Diana fans as anti-Camilla.
__________________

__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #783  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:29 PM
jcbcode99's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Richmond Area, United States
Posts: 1,978
I am so sad that all the uproar has caused HRH The Duchess of Cornwall (who is not only the current Princess of Wales, but also stepmother to the children of the late Princes of Wales) to decide against attending this event. What galls me is that she planned to attend because the boys wanted her to do so--and people in the "Diana Circle" really showed theirselves to be vindictive and unrespectful of the boys feelings. Honestly, I doubt if Diana would want to be associated with such a rude group of people. What also annoys me is the role which the press and entertainment industry has played in this situation. If there had not been a constant barrage of articles about the topic designed to incite anger and "moral outrage" then the memorial could have potentially remained low-key. Not to mention insipid movies like "The Murder of Princess Diana" all over the networks.--once again, all designed to be released on the eve of the anniversary of her death. These articles and movies are designed to achieve ratings, improve circulation and ultimately make money for people who are not associated with Diana, Princess of Wales. It is reprehensible that these profit making antics have been aimed at the Duchess, who was only trying to honor the wishes of her step-sons. Perhaps the time has come to separate the two woman.
__________________
Janet

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
  #784  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
I'm kind of getting sick and tired of heaing that Diana fans are against Camilla attending the memorial. I AM a Diana fan and I AM NOT against Camilla going. PLease, lets stop generalizing Diana fans as anti-Camilla.
I think most of the people here do understand the difference between Diana's fans in general and the Diana Circle types for whom the only good Duchess of Cornwall is a dead Duchess of Cornwall. However, they're probably just referring to "fans" because they words they really want to use would be against TRF rules.
  #785  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:35 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,386
Oh Jesus Christ, after all this bad press over several months, the Duchess of Cornwall does this???? Do they think they really think this action is going to put Camilla in the good graces of all the people who didn't want her to be there to begin with?

Now the tabloids have achieved a monumental victory. They can jerk the Royal Family's chain whenever they want by mounting an enormous propaganda campaign against whoever and whatever they want and the British Royal Family has for the second time in ten years shown themselves blubbering and spineless against the machinations of an angry mob.

I have no hope for the future of the British Monarchy any more, Charles as a King is done and over with before he begins and William is not going to be ready when his time comes.

Its basically over for the Windsors in my opinion and after following them since the 70s, it pains me greatly to say this.

Let Richard Kay and James Whitaker choose the next monarch. They seemed inordinately pleased with themselves that they chose Diana for Charles. I'm sorry but I'm incredibly angry at all the Windsors right now.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #786  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894


All I can say is that I think the Royal Family would be a darn sight better served if they took their advice from the TRF regulars than from the idiots they're using at the moment. Honestly, can't any of these people see what this means for the longer term, or has the Royal Household been infiltrated by republicans?
  #787  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtan View Post
put it this way, when i die, i make sure that in my will, i will state it very carefully that my husband's mistress must never attend my furneral/memorial... i don't want to see when even when i am dead!
How strange, when I die I want my husband to be happy and if that includes inviting his new wife or wives to my memorial service, the more the merrier!
  #788  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:43 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
I think most of the people here do understand the difference between Diana's fans in general and the Diana Circle types for whom the only good Duchess of Cornwall is a dead Duchess of Cornwall. However, they're probably just referring to "fans" because they words they really want to use would be against TRF rules.
Lol yes, I think also . But sometimes it bothers me that some members think that beause we like Diana we aren't able to appreciate Camilla, that we think she's evil in person. And it's really embarassing because if they know you're a Diana fan, you can't make any critics on Camilla. They will think right away that you say that because you like Diana even if you've justified your critic.
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #789  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 7,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Oh Jesus Christ, after all this bad press over several months, the Duchess of Cornwall does this???? Do they think they really think this action is going to put Camilla in the good graces of all the people who didn't want her to be there to begin with?

Now the tabloids have achieved a monumental victory. They can jerk the Royal Family's chain whenever they want by mounting an enormous propaganda campaign against whoever and whatever they want and the British Royal Family has for the second time in ten years shown themselves blubbering and spineless against the machinations of an angry mob.

I have no hope for the future of the British Monarchy any more, Charles as a King is done and over with before he begins and William is not going to be ready when his time comes.

Its basically over for the Windsors in my opinion and after following them since the 70s, it pains me greatly to say this.

Let Richard Kay and James Whitaker choose the next monarch. They seemed inordinately pleased with themselves that they chose Diana for Charles. I'm sorry but I'm incredibly angry at all the Windsors right now.
Dear ysbel,
The execution of the British Royal family by tabloids and other means of mass media is just amenities of freedom of opinion and expression, nothing else really.
  #790  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:47 PM
bbb's Avatar
bbb bbb is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lake texoma, United States
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
I think whoever the Firm has had advising them in this should be sacked without delay. It's a worse debacle than the "where's my wedding?" one of two years ago, and it was entirely preventable. Unecessary harshness on both sides of the equation have exacerbated an impossible situation, and the advisors on this matter to Charles and Camilla should be bundled out the back door with a boxed lunch and a check for their remaining vacation time.
i agree heads should roll, although the boys planned the event, why someone didn't see the pitfalls ahead (shaking my head) i'm sorry for the pain and frustration the princes must feel and i imagine charles is just plain angry at all the poison directed at his wife. she shows caring and class trying to steer the topic back to diana but would have been better served by her advisors to have done this weeks ago. i think she was going to support her family because they invited her and wanted her there and would have been respectful and dignified. i have a feeling her womans intuition knew it was a bad idea but didn't want to let down her family and the advisors exerted pressure (which leads me to wonder about their agenda) so she was going. this has been a hard time for all of them, sadly when the focus should have been on the purpose of the memorial- Diana.
does camilla use the princes advisors or have her own? she needs to have people around her that are out for her best interest and i wouldn't think the toadies of the prince were the ones to trust when they no doubt have personal agendas (i wouldn't trust them at all in her shoes). i hope we hear of some firings for this fiasco it does seem to me to have been preventable.
  #791  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:47 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post


All I can say is that I think the Royal Family would be a darn sight better served if they took their advice from the TRF regulars than from the idiots they're using at the moment. Honestly, can't any of these people see what this means for the longer term, or has the Royal Household been infiltrated by republicans?
Thanks Elspeth. I think the Royal Household has been infiltrated by Tony Blair's old advisors who can't see past the end of their nose (or past this month's opinion polls).
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #792  
Old 08-26-2007, 01:07 PM
TheTruth's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Posts: 2,680
It's getting really too far IMO. This memorial is for Diana and at the end, people will think more about Camilla attending than remembering Diana and that's quite a shame.

Edit : Just had this news : Camilla will not attend Princess Diana memorial service - Yahoo! News UK
__________________

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
  #793  
Old 08-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 589
I have feel that the publication of the letter from Clarence House and the quite harsh words from Rosa Monckton are the final straw for Camilla to decide not to attend. Young princes want to be there to remeber their mother and they want their stepmother to be there. She accpeted because she wanted to honour their decisions despite she haboured her doubts. I love Camilla more after this difficult situation because she does often put her own feelings behind her beloved people'e needs.. She is really a great woman IMO and I hope that she can find her way to smooth her feelings on that day.
  #794  
Old 08-26-2007, 01:17 PM
sirhon11234's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
It's getting really too far IMO. This memorial is for Diana and at the end, people will think more about Camilla attending than remembering Diana and that's quite a shame.

Edit : Just had this news : Camilla will not attend Princess Diana memorial service - Yahoo! News UK
Hopefully that won't come true I mean we all knew since June that Camilla was going to the service and the media has made such a big deal about it.
__________________
"I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved."
Diana, the Princess of Wales
  #795  
Old 08-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,691
It's such a shame these so called fans and press can't allow the Wales family to move on with their lives. If the situation was reversed with Charles being given the memorial, the same press would make a big deal if Diana didn't bring her latest squeeze and trumpet up what she would have worn. The hypocracy! At least for the Duchess, by Saturday, another page will have turned in her royal life. I'm sure she has her own friends to be there to support her. This just make me think that she must have really love her prince to put up this kind of non-sense.
  #796  
Old 08-26-2007, 01:44 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,859
BBC NEWS | UK | Camilla pulls out of Diana event

I am now officially a republican. The Royal Family have once again bowed to the morons who make it their life's work to promote the agenda of someone who brought nothing but damage to the monarchy and it's been allowed to happen once again by Camilla pulling out of this service. This is obviously going to happen every time Camilla wants to do something and I find it farcical. Absolutely farcical. Get them all out of Buckingham Palace, I want a President where this sort of thing won't be an issue. Good riddance to the lot of them. The House of Windsor could have used Camilla as the great asset she has the potential to be, instead, they've shoved her aside so that Diana worshippers can revel in her exclusion and it makes it me sick to the pit of my stomach when I think that we're to be treated to the gloating and carping on by imbeciles who will now think that Camilla bows to Diana. It's sickening. The whole institution has been tainted, it now has to bow and scrape to nutters and I can't see that doing any good for anyone. It's time for a President because the Monarchy has well and truly served it's purpose.
__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
  #797  
Old 08-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Nico's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,884
Thumbs down

Really sad indeed.I can already hear some "fans" saying that the Duchess decision is a snub toward Diana's memory.
All this situation is a total nonsense...
  #798  
Old 08-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
PLease, lets stop generalizing Diana fans as anti-Camilla.
Unfortunately, most of them are, even the word 'fan' denotes a fanatic. I tried suggesting calling supporters, admirers, but that went down like a lead balloon. Some really are over the top though and as Elspeth said, what we would like to call them is not allowed! I hasten to add, I don't hold you in this category.
  #799  
Old 08-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
I am now officially a republican. The Royal Family have once again bowed to the morons who make it their life's work to promote the agenda of someone who brought nothing but damage to the monarchy and it's been allowed to happen once again by Camilla pulling out of this service. This is obviously going to happen every time Camilla wants to do something and I find it farcical. Absolutely farcical. Get them all out of Buckingham Palace
BeatrixFan, you can't mean it! What we need is a campaign to close down The Dirty Mail and writers like Kay. We also need the police to do a little harrassing of known Dicycle supporters!

I think Camilla could do with one of your lovely letters, showing that you support her regardless of the actions of a few misguided souls.
  #800  
Old 08-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Lol yes, I think also . But sometimes it bothers me that some members think that beause we like Diana we aren't able to appreciate Camilla, that we think she's evil in person. And it's really embarassing because if they know you're a Diana fan, you can't make any critics on Camilla. They will think right away that you say that because you like Diana even if you've justified your critic.
I wouldn't worry about it! It's a 2-way street from what I can see.

Ultimately I think she made the right decision, I just wish she'd made it when first invited. There's been so much hype and speculation that as a result the memorial service itself has been forgotten.

Moreover I don't think it's such a huge deal that William and Harry invited her in the first place, they had to. To exclude her from the very beginning would have reflected badly on them.
__________________

__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana's death and funeral, duchess of cornwall, memorial, princess diana, princess of wales


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Correspondence to and from Charles and Camilla BeatrixFan The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 130 04-24-2015 12:16 PM
Orders of Service RoyalProtocol British Royals 26 08-12-2014 01:58 PM
Preparations for the 10th Anniversary Concert and Memorial Service sirhon11234 Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 529 08-31-2007 06:43 AM
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 16: July-September 2006 Warren Current Events Archive 201 09-11-2006 12:00 PM
Camilla & Charles: What Is Your Opinion Now? Princejohnny25 The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 573 06-13-2006 08:18 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events december denmark fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style hereditary grand duke guillaume iceland infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta pilar infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein miguel urdangarin monarchy news nobel prize november 2016 october 2016 official visit picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary style princess mette-marit in canada princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises