The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
More than merely royal, she was a Queen and a former Empress.
Yes, she was at that!

The Prince of Wales - Friday 31st August 2007

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will attend a Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of Diana, Princess of Wales at the Guard's Chapel, Birdcage Walk, London.
Prince William and Prince Harry will attend a Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of Diana, Princess of Wales at the Guard's Chapel, Birdcage Walk, London.
- - - - - - - - -

No excuses then!

Old 08-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad we have definite information now. The whole Wales Family will be in attendance.

As Skydragon said, no excuses now.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Perhaps the thread title could be changed to "Should the Wales Attend the Memorial Service as a Family?"
Old 08-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Perhaps the thread title could be changed to "Should the Wales Attend the Memorial Service as a Family?"
Oh no, another 36 pages, could we stand it?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Oh no, another 36 pages, could we stand it?

Is the Queen not going with Philip?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will attend the service, as stated in the Royal Diary. So will The Earl and Countess of Wessex.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Royal Highness

Good..I am happy she is going. I may not care for her really, but hopefully...in some way, this can bring a sense of much need closure.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know if it will be shown here in the U.S. on CNN, MSNBC, FOX, or even BBC America?

Thank you all!!!

I must say I am proud of all of us getting through this thread without really going over the edge about it. :-)

Cheers to all of us!!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

Now, after the memorial is over of course, will come the infamous:

Did you see what they were wearing??? :-)

We will probably have to do a different thread for the clothes discussion alone...lol...

Happy Friday!!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

does not look like bbc america will be showing it

BBC America - TV Schedule

is this a network?

APTN | Broadcast Services | Current / Upcoming Events | Memorial Service for the 10th Anniversary of Princess Diana's Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
Does anyone know if it will be shown here in the U.S. on CNN, MSNBC, FOX, or even BBC America?

Thank you all!!!

I must say I am proud of all of us getting through this thread without really going over the edge about it. :-)

Cheers to all of us!!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
France isn't broadcasting it either but I'm sure someone will put it on YouTube.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is BBC World going to broadcast it it?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
The Prince of Wales - Friday 31st August 2007

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will attend a Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of Diana, Princess of Wales at the Guard's Chapel, Birdcage Walk, London.

No excuses then!
The right decision!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Courtier

You`re a tough girl, Camilla! But I did expect it.

I´m sure she will behave perfectly. Imagine Charles is the most nervous person there. He will be anxious for Camilla. Hopefully nothing will be happen.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Do you really think this will be the last menorial to Diana?
I don't think so. Monoco's royal family is celebrating Princess Grace's 25 anniversary of her death. I hope the princes will do the same for Diana.
i think, and this is really only my opinion, that anything in the future will be a very quiet family only event.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Royal Highness

i haven't seen anything to indicate that it'll be telecast here in canada.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...70&ito=newsnow

Camilla had her assistant, Amanda, sent a letter to someone in the Diana circle explaining why she was attending the memorial.

Apparently the Diana circle has been complaining to CH about Camilla attending.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
But what is interesting is for those of you who claim you could care less...still post daily, and sometimes twice day, on here.. :-)

For those of you are seem to be so anti-Diana and are intent on NOT making a big deal about this, why post on this particular thread at all then? You of course have every right to, but I am just curious.
Point is that this thread is about HRH The Wife of The Prince of Wales - which is Camilla, not Diana. The situation as it is leads definately to postings from the supporters of Camilla, so I wonder why you are curious?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Serene Highness

thanks for the dailymail article, interesting reading.
*quote from article that bothers me the most

*William, 25, who is personally organising the memorial service along with Harry, insists he is happy for Camilla to be there. He is said to be 'immensely' upset and frustrated that the event has been overshadowed by rows over the guest list. He is angry at the way this issue has been allowed to overshadow the service that he and Harry have spent so long organising. "They rarely speak about her in public because her death is still so painful for them both. It's not the way they wanted it at all."

it's a crying shame all this has caused dianas boys pain. i suppose someone should have seen this coming but at the same time it surprises me how it got so ugly.
(i swore i wasn't going to post on this thread again 10 pages ago i'll ask again is it over yet.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Majesty

I do not understand why Prince William expresses his anger towards the outcry from “the Diana circle” regarding his beloved stepmother‘s presence in the commemoration service devoted to his Mother. He should have expected it. If he did not wish to attract the attention to this fact, he should have insisted on a service for the immediate family members only and invited his beloved stepmother without causing any controversies.
It does not matter what both Princes say or do, the loyal fans will see Duchess of Cornwall as “the woman Diana openly blamed for many of her marriage troubles …” (English, 2007, ¶27).

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana's death and funeral, duchess of cornwall, memorial, princess diana, princess of wales