The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaamor View Post
Is very sad that this man use Diana to have children and I think He never love Her,then Diana died ,sadly and now camilla the mistress whit out shame is dressin like Her,took Her place and help to broke her marriage,I don't think she has to be present on any thing.miaamor
If it was as simple as "she has stolen Charles from Diana so she shouldn't go" then there wouldn't be any thread and life would be very easier for everyone (well quite borring in fact because we would have nothing to discuss on this forum ).It's far more complicated I think and it's why there are so many opinions.

And he certainly not used Diana to have children because he would have with Camilla if he had been allowed to marry her at this time. But life decided otherwise ...

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
If it was as simple as "she has stolen Charles from Diana so she shouldn't go" then there wouldn't be any thread and life would be very easier for everyone (well quite borring in fact because we would have nothing to discuss on this forum ).It's far more complicated I think and it's why there are so many opinions.

And he certainly not used Diana to have children because he would have with Camilla if he had been allowed to marry her at this time. But life decided otherwise ...
So you think it was that he was 'not allowed'? I have heard both that theory and that he dawdled and she was in love with APB whom she had been with (correct me if I'm wrong) 7 years. Both are certainly viable theories. I've always wondered, if it was the 'not allowed' then, why was he was allowed later. Surely whatever it was about her that gave her the 'not allowed' stamp...she still has those whatevers. My point is why was he allowed to marry her now after the divorces, but not allowed to marry her when she was a single lady. Surely it would have been less problematic, constitutionally?

Old 08-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Courtier

No.

I am happy for them that they are happy but the way it was done was wrong. It would be in bad taste imho.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Commoner

I really think she should not go. Regardless of her history with the POW and the fact that they are now married,she was active in seeking the breakup of Diana's marriage. To go to the service would bring home loud and clear that the "third party in the marriage" has assumed Diana's position with all it entails,has married the POW,and has been actively involved in bringing up Diana's sons. It would seem a winner take all situation.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Gentry

Someone mentioned that there was a statement on the POW's website. Can anyone post the link to it? I can't find it at the moment.

As to the current poll, it is extremely tricky for Camilla. Of course, the princes invited her. How could they not? They would not have excluded her. It's really up to Camilla whether to go or not.

I rather think she shouldn't. I don't hate her at all. But just to keep the event quiet and free of controversy, maybe she should just put out a statement. I'm sure they can craft something that is civil and polite, to the effect of "she would like to remember Diana as the great woman that she was, but feel that her presence at the service will detract from the solemnity of the event, etc. etc.".
Old 08-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Courtier

There will be a memorial service in London on 31st August 2007.

Prince William and Prince Harry have invited members of The Royal Family including Her Majesty The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, as well as Lady Sarah McCorquodale, Lady Jane Fellowes and Earl Spencer, all of whom will attend.

The Prince of Wales - Prince William and Prince Harry announce memorial service and concert to commemorate and celebrate their mother’s life

I would choose to think the decision of inviting Camilla has been already discussed before the news release. Camilla probably voiced her concern but Prince William and Prince Harry would like to all their family can unite together.It is their choice and I would choose to respect it. If the media does not make a fuss, I think many people have moved on.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
yes it matters who was the first... the first to cheat took the action, the other took the reaction... action and reaction are differents in terms of guilty.......
.....someone mentioned the wifes of d; e; f (dianass lovers). maybe these wives didnt like diana a bit (and i understand them). If one of them (wives) had died, do you think diana would had been there attending their memorial service too?... i really dont think so
If somebody loves their partner and that partner strays, the last thing on their mind would be to go out and have an affair themselves, IMEaO. Action and reaction are the same in terms of guilt.

Would Diana attend the funeral of the wife of one of her lovers, yes, I believe she would.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrosa View Post
I think she could go as far as to give a spoken appology at the service as to her part in this mess. That would limit the bad press.
Camilla has already asked forgiveness of her god, in front of the nation. Does anyone really want this service degraded any further by asking Camilla and I would think Charles to make an apology, (to who exactly)?????

If that were to happen, it certainly would take the focus away from the woman this service is supposed to be about.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaamor View Post
now camilla the mistress whit out shame is dressin like Her,took Her place and help to broke her marriage,I don't think she has to be present on any thing.miaamor
dressing like Diana?! you would rather that she goes around in a burlap sack and barefoot? as for attending events, it is her duty to attend certain engagements. if she avoided everything then we'd have a thread on her about that. (i'm going to get crucified for this but here goes) in a lot of ways camilla has carried herself in a far more dignified manner than diana ever did...she has put her best face forward in the storm of public criticisim when she could very easily have run in the opposite direction. for these reasons she has been an excellent example of devotion to duty and the POW and i think she makes a wonderful representative for the monarchy.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
in a lot of ways camilla has carried herself in a far more dignified manner than diana ever did...
That is a matter up for debate. The constant comparing between Diana and Camilla is getting very old and unproductive.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
So you think it was that he was 'not allowed'? I have heard both that theory and that he dawdled and she was in love with APB whom she had been with (correct me if I'm wrong) 7 years. Both are certainly viable theories. I've always wondered, if it was the 'not allowed' then, why was he was allowed later. Surely whatever it was about her that gave her the 'not allowed' stamp...she still has those whatevers. My point is why was he allowed to marry her now after the divorces, but not allowed to marry her when she was a single lady. Surely it would have been less problematic, constitutionally?
When Charles was on military training, she married APB. But what I meant by 'allowed', is that Camilla had already had various love stories with men and couldn't be the woman Charles would marry. I don't think the RF was against this choice directly but he knew that it would be impossible and Camilla was now married and happy so he let her go. He find someone else (Diana) and like we all know, it turned out to be quite a disaster. The RF, with the death of Diana and all the damage caused, probably approved the marriage because what was the point having the future King without a wife and unhappy ? IMO only

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Courtier

Good Lord! People! How much longer has this to go on. Let the dead bury the dead. Nothing is ever going to be changed because it cannot be!!! If there is to be a service, I repeat, let it be one of mercy, pardon and peace. Going on with the Diana/Camilla thing will never get anybody anywhere except keep you frozen into a past of what might have been. But will never be.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman View Post
Good Lord! People! How much longer has this to go on. Let the dead bury the dead. Nothing is ever going to be changed because it cannot be!!! If there is to be a service, I repeat, let it be one of mercy, pardon and peace. Going on with the Diana/Camilla thing will never get anybody anywhere except keep you frozen into a past of what might have been. But will never be.
I have to agree with you Tomas Parkman. Enough is enough. Why don't we turn to prayers for the late Princess and for the welfare of her sons. JMO
Old 08-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Royal Highness

i agree. maybe we should end this discussion.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
thank you thomas parkman!!! beautifully put. this tread has been going in circles for 30 pages "are we there yet" i wished pages ago it was over already. perhaps we could close at this point with the wonderful posts by thomas parkman and hibou and have a picture thread after the service. she's going, the princes want her there- period- end of paragraph.
i suggested the same thing 3 pages back duchess. she's damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. not even showing up in sackcloth and ashes will make some people happy- so she should do what's best for her family that wants her there. it's not the first or last thing she's going to face hostility for, i expect her to be dignified and supportive, not front and center trying to grab the spotlight- she never has and certainly won't at this memorial.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

I know the thread is getting repetitive, but we have new members joining every day who might want to post their opinions. It'd be a shame for someone to read the thread, think "that's an interesting topic, I've got something to add," join the forum, come along here ready to give us their two cents' worth, and be faced with a locked thread because the regular posters have decided that enough has been said. So if you can put up with it for another couple of weeks, legions of newbies might be eternally grateful!
Old 08-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
I know the thread is getting repetitive, but we have new members joining every day who might want to post their opinions. It'd be a shame for someone to read the thread, think "that's an interesting topic, I've got something to add," join the forum, come along here ready to give us their two cents' worth, and be faced with a locked thread because the regular posters have decided that enough has been said. So if you can put up with it for another couple of weeks, legions of newbies might be eternally grateful!
fair enough elspeth.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post

The Queen Mother is why! She is Deceased Now. A Divorced Woman Caused Her Husband to be King and it is said she felt Divorced women should not be allowed to Marry men in the Family.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:22 PM

Including her daughter and granddaughter? No sorry, I don't buy that one.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrosa View Post
The Queen Mother is why! She is Deceased Now. A Divorced Woman Caused Her Husband to be King and it is said she felt Divorced women should not be allowed in the Family.
Actually, along with many women from that era, she didn't believe that divorce should be allowed to happen, whatever the reason, nothing to do with the family.

Then again she came from the days that also allowed hanging and whipping school children. She also believed, IMO, that a woman was faithful to her husband, no matter how many lady friends he may have had.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana's death and funeral, duchess of cornwall, memorial, princess diana, princess of wales