The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I keep thinking of Zoolander, where Fashion mogul, 'Mugatu' (Will Ferrell) has an egg thrown at him in protest

I'm hopeful that the days proceedings shall not be interfered with.

An egg (surely not hardboiled) can't bring Diana back!
Sure ! And why eggs ?? Tomatos are better for that sort of thing. They splash on the clothes and spots are hard to take of .

Just kidding

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-09-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Now thats just an embarrassment to the rest of the Diana Fans!
I know! The "freaks" in the world make the rest of us look freaky by default, just because we choose to be objective and fair, rather than canonizing Diana and casting Camilla as She-Devil. Shame on the media for giving it press and just making this campaign worse to make Diana's memorial about an excuse to revile Camilla. The whole thing makes me sick.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I know! The "freaks" in the world make the rest of us look freaky by default, just because we choose to be objective and fair, rather than canonizing Diana and casting Camilla as She-Devil. Shame on the media for giving it press and just making this campaign worse to make Diana's memorial about an excuse to revile Camilla. The whole thing makes me sick.
Totally, me too . Why do we have to choose a side ?!! I'm good with liking Diana AND Camilla ! Damn you the ones who want to make this memorial a disaster !

Because it matters...
Old 08-09-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post

I may have to take a trip up there myself. I'm in the mood for a bit of loon-smacking. I mean, is it really worth all this hassle? No. Not at all. Cancel the whole thing and let's get on with the living.
I don't agree about cancelling the memorial service, but I truly hope you go there, Sam, with a dozen eggs ready to throw at anyone who dares to egg the wonderful Duchess! Pelt them (with eggs, of course) for the rest of us at TRF!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I keep thinking of Zoolander, where Fashion mogul, 'Mugatu' (Will Ferrell) has an egg thrown at him in protest

I'm hopeful that the days proceedings shall not be interfered with. An egg (surely not hardboiled) can't bring Diana back and is only going to make a mess!
I'am actually wathching that movie right now, Mugatu's reaction is priceless. lol

But that will not happen at the memorial.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I doubt that egg's, would be "BF's" object of choice. Perhaps a few left over champagne bottles and the wack of an umbrella here and there for good measure...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

What makes me really laugh is that if they do such a thing, no memorial will be done again, at least not in a public area and they will be the first to crawl like wimps to the feet of everyone to authorise a ceremony again. What a bunch of losers !

Because it matters...
Old 08-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

We are possibly straying somewhat, and I do beg the mod's pardon.

But on the topic of another memorial service. I personally, don't see why there would indeed be another. Marking the 10th anniversary, fine. But another, in say 10 years? No point really. The generations move on, as does time, and a great many who witness 'another' memorial service would be left wondering why on earth such a fuss is being made for a lady who passed away some 20 years prior.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
We are straying somewhat and I do beg the mod's pardon.

But on the topic of another memorial service. I personally, don't see why there would be a need for another. Marking the 10th anniversary, fine. But another, in say 10 years? No point really. The generations move on, as does time, and a great many who witness 'another' memorial service would be left wondering why on earth such a fuss is being made for a lady who passed away some 20 years prior.
Like you said, time passes and people go on. Anyway, many' 'icones' passed away and no more ceremonials are made for them but it doesn't mean that we forget what they've done. The 'fuss' around Diana reminds me the one of the french singer Claude François (don't know if you heard of him). He died at 33 in the 70's and he had hysterical fans so the shock stayed many years, same thing with Diana. Today we still remember him with his songs but nothing special is made what so ever.

(Poor Mods, I apologize)

Because it matters...
Old 08-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Serene Highness

if they love diana so much how can they even think of causing pain to her sons??? deplorable to disrespect her memory with a childish display of misplaced loyalty, i loved diana but that doesn't mean i can't like and admire camilla and be happy for them as a couple. it took me a little while to warm up to camilla but you can't see a photo of them together and not recognize the love and affection between them, prince charles hasn't smiled and laughed this much in his whole life, i want to think diana would have moved on and been happy and happy her sons have a good relationship with their stepmother. it reminds me of jr high it's so ridiculous and petty.

the mental image of the "diloons" throwing eggs with beatrix fan throwing eggs at them gave me a giggle this morning tho. (me bad)
Old 08-09-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
the mental image of the "diloons" throwing eggs with beatrix fan throwing eggs at them gave me a giggle this morning tho. (me bad)
Yeah!! We should fight back, haha! Beatrix Fan is just the kind of person to be our fearless leader, to boldly go where no TRF members has tread before! I'd be all for it, haha. (I hope it's clear that I am teasing.... sort of!)
Old 08-09-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I doubt that egg's, would be "BF's" object of choice. Perhaps a few left over champagne bottles and the wack of an umbrella here and there for good measure...
I've always favoured the ashtray in the sock combo myself. And I have the perfect outfit for the occassion. Speaking of outfits, I suppose that's the next line of fire after the service. What Camilla wore.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Serene Highness

oh i'm sure she has a beautiful suit of lovely sack cloth and ashes she'll wear. thanks for the tip beatrixfan i'd never heard of an ashtray in sock combo, i've always used a roll of quarters in a sock myself
i am soooo ready for this whole thing to be over, i'm sure the boys are too, to think they were trying to do something respectful and have had to put up with all this .... (what comes out of my cows)
Old 08-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs

Thursday August 9, 04:25 PM
London, Aug 9 (ANI): Pro-Diana groups in the UK are so furious that Camilla will be attending the late Princess' memorial service that they have threaten to pelt her and hubby Prince Charles with eggs if the Duchess of Cornwall shows up.

Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs - Yahoo! India News

How adult, lets hope the police and Army are ready to splatter them!
And how old are these Di Loons, 12? Or even younger than that? Why would they even do this sort of thing at a memorial service for Diana? That is who they are supporting. Not that they're going to do it, it's a rather foolish thing to do, just to be embarrassed in front of everyone. I doubt that any hardcore protestors will even be there. If they don't want Camilla to make a big deal of being there, why should they make a big deal of it?
Old 08-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla will probably waer a nice black suit with one of her flowerpot hats.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I doubt she will wear black, more probably dark blue or grey outfit.

On the other note, before the wedding of Charles and Camilla, the Diana groups promised to organize massive protests, but nothing happened, did it?
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-09-2007, 03:22 PM

Oh if she doesn't wear black there'd be outrage. She has to wear black. She may well even go as a black and white minstrel just to be on the safe side.

"Mammy!"
Old 08-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
On the other note, before the wedding of Charles and Camilla, the Diana groups promised to organize massive protests, but nothing happened, did it?
The groups on that occasion threatened that 100's if not 1000's of them would protest. As it turned out their were around 15 people at Kensington Palace and the 3 or 4 who started to shout insults at the registry office, were silenced by well wishes.

These strange fanatics notify the media that they are going to do this, that or the other, to try to cause distress, when 99.99% of them are simply cowards who wouldn't say boo to a goose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I've always favoured the ashtray in the sock combo myself.
Works well with me, although it has to be cut glass!
Old 08-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Camilla will probably waer a nice black suit with one of her flowerpot hats.
The Duchess of Cornwall has never worn flowerpot hats (the right name is a Fez style hat). Usually she loves s hatstyle with wide brims.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think sirhon is talking about the hats she wears with a flowerpot-shaped crown and a wide brim rather than the saucer-shaped flat ones.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana's death and funeral, duchess of cornwall, memorial, princess diana, princess of wales