The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

And so in one of my super rare posts....If you had asked me 10 years ago, the young 20 year old would have furiously been against her attending.

Now, 10 years on and having moved beyond...I feel differently. I also have a stepmother (who happened to have an affair with my father throughout their marriage).

Camilla is the surrogate Mother to the Princes, now. Her place is to be there to support them as they grieve for the Mother they lost. They have asked her to be there and therefore she should attend.

It no longer matters what Diana would have wanted. To be quite honest, I think 10 years on she would have grown enough (as my Mom has) to move on. This is really about her sons - the two people she loved the most. They adore and love Camilla. She would be happy that they have someone to give them that love.

I'm certain Camilla would not want to be there truly - she is facing this storm for the sake of the Princes - including Charles. The past sins are best left buried because they can't be changed.

Let's cheer her love for them and her willingness to have a storm of hatred to support those she loves.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

It can't be 'easy' for Camilla I'd imagine, but I would like to think she has the ability to overcome, as she has in the past, the intense scrutiny which lay ahead and emerge on the "other side" knowing she did what's right and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

I hope Charles gives her a nice hug before they leave Clarence House on the day

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Even from beyond the grave she is still causing trouble
What an ignorant thing to say.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:10 AM

But quite true.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Only to Charles as Charles is next in line to the throne.
Anne and Andrew are in the Line of Succession as well you know.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
But quite true.
No no. It's not Diana who's the problem. It's those who feel as though there is 'a side' worth playing aficionado to, that are the cause of troubles

Old 08-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
How can someone dead cause problems ?! It's not her who is saying I want this to go in the newspaper. If we still talk about her (good or bad) now, it's because of people. Living people cause trouble, not the dead ones.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs

Thursday August 9, 04:25 PM
London, Aug 9 (ANI): Pro-Diana groups in the UK are so furious that Camilla will be attending the late Princess' memorial service that they have threaten to pelt her and hubby Prince Charles with eggs if the Duchess of Cornwall shows up.

Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs - Yahoo! India News

How adult, lets hope the police and Army are ready to splatter them!
Old 08-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs

Thursday August 9, 04:25 PM
London, Aug 9 (ANI): Pro-Diana groups in the UK are so furious that Camilla will be attending the late Princess' memorial service that they have threaten to pelt her and hubby Prince Charles with eggs if the Duchess of Cornwall shows up.

Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs - Yahoo! India News

How adult, lets hope the police and Army are ready to splatter them!
Well, that's a total disrespect of William and Harry's decision who are Diana's boys . Haven't they got enough ?! They had a beautiful concert without Charles and Camilla and they still complain. And I say that as a Diana fan. It's like you need to hate Camilla to be a Pro-Diana. What a stupid idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Now thats just an embarrassment to the rest of the Diana Fans!
Absolutely !

Because it matters...
Old 08-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Now thats just an embarrassment to the rest of the Diana Fans!
Old 08-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Shame on those who support such as insult! That is really very deplorable.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Pro-Diana groups threaten to splatter Camilla with eggs.

I may have to take a trip up there myself. I'm in the mood for a bit of loon-smacking. I mean, is it really worth all this hassle? No. Not at all. Cancel the whole thing and let's get on with the living.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Cancel the whole thing and let's get on with the living.
When hell freezes over will that ever happen. They should have police and bodyguards to guard Camilla and keep the crowd under control
Old 08-09-2007, 11:00 AM

Oh it won't be cancelled I know. The people who want to see it are mostly total headcases and you can't upset them or they mug old ladies or start peeing in milk bottles and filling up the toilet with bricks. But in an ideal world...
Old 08-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

They should change the ceremony time. Do it on the evening of August 30 or whatever.
But I'm sure the loons won't do it. The same sort of thing happened before the wedding of Charles and Camilla and as I remember no major incident occured.

Because it matters...
Old 08-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

They shall be kept at a safe distance I'm sure. Unfortunately, the inevitability of such threats was well guessed.

And what kind of people make such threats known? Now, that's organisation and a half that is.lol.

If they had wanted to cop Camz in the head with an egg, then "common sense" would tell you to keep it under wraps..eggs and all!

They sure know how to spoil their own "fun". Daft buggers.lol.

Quote:
The people who want to see it are mostly total headcases and you can't upset them or they mug old ladies or start peeing in milk bottles and filling up the toilet with bricks
What part of London did you say you were from, again, 'BF'?

Old 08-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
They shall be kept at a safe distance I'm sure. Unfortunately, the inevitability of such threats was always going to happen.

And what kind of people make such threats known? If they had wanted to cop Camz in the head with an egg, then "common sense" would tell you to keep it under wraps..eggs and all...

The surely know how to spoil their own "fun". Daft buggars.lol.
Well yes ! I don't know why they complain. They didn't even know what Diana thought about Camilla at the end of her life . Certainly not very good things but I mean it's a civilized country, you don't mess up with someone who never done something bad to you personaly. By thinking they are taking Diana's revenge, they are implying that she wasn't able to stand up to Camilla her whole life !

They should think about Diana's charities when throwing those eggs. Wasn't she the one who thought that no one deserved to miss food, water, etc. ?

Because it matters...
Old 08-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Oh it won't be cancelled I know. The people who want to see it are mostly total headcases and you can't upset them or they mug old ladies or start peeing in milk bottles and filling up the toilet with bricks. But in an ideal world...
My,my, aren't we in a very good mood today?

Quote:
And what kind of people make such threats known? Now that's organisation and a half that is.lol.
Exactly the brainless fools just messesd up their own plot. But as TheTruth said I'am sure there's going to be no disturbances at this memorial.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

No I don't think she should attend it must be a huge problem for royal organises and I do not envy their task. I am still a Diana supporter but time moves all of us forward whether we like it or not. But no stay home on this occasion.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I keep thinking of Zoolander, where Fashion mogul, 'Mugatu' (Will Ferrell) has an egg thrown at him in protest

I'm hopeful that the days proceedings shall not be interfered with. An egg (surely not hardboiled) can't bring Diana back and is only going to make a mess!

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, diana's death and funeral, duchess of cornwall, memorial, princess diana, princess of wales