The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 04:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivishnu View Post
Even Sarah Ferguson gave interview and even appeared in a magazine and on TV but she is not dead. I am pretty sure The Queen told both of them to divorce not because of the interview but some other reasons which we as the public not aware of.

But Sarah didn't publicly condemn the Queen's son as being incapable of doing the job he has been trained to do all his life - that would be a reflection of the training the Queen had given him herself and thus could be seen as a direct attack on the Queen.

Diana brought about the divorce the instant she co-operated in the Morton book through washing her dirty linen in public. Once she had made her marriage difficulties public (and she made a conscious decision to make it all public) divorce was inevitable. It could have been more amicable if done like the Yorks but she wanted to have all the status of being a member of the RF, wanted to destroy her husband's future, and was just a plain nasty piece of work over her dealings with the RF in the early 90s. It is no wonder that the Queen insisted on a divorce.

Diana was responsible for putting herself in the position of getting in the car with a drunk driver who went too fast and killed himself and two of his passengers. To blame anyone else for her death besides those involved that evening is just plain silly IMHO.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Everybody thinks they knew Diana and a lot of people are strongly attached to her memory but the only people who really own her memory to carry it forward are her sons and her immediate family.

We should all take a moment to absorb these words. They express the crucial point perfectly. The memorial service is perfect because it is as it should be, organized by the two people who arguably knew her best, and therefore, it follows that the entire guest list is perfect as well.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Even Sarah Ferguson gave interview and even appeared in a magazine and on TV but she is not dead. I am pretty sure The Queen told both of them to divorce not because of the interview but some other reasons which we as the public not aware of.
When Sarah and Andrew separated the announcement was "they were to separate and divorce". When John Major announced that the Prince and Princess of Wales were to going to separate it was "a legal separation and there were no plans to divorce" It was left open for Diana to remain in the royal family, ( not Sarah). The Panorama interview was in late November 1995, the Queen wrote to Charles and Diana in early December 1995 telling them to divorce. The Panorama interview was the last straw as far as Diana was concerned and therefore there was no chance of her remaining as a member of the royal family. ( Therefore indirectly, following your logic, she contributed to her death)
Old 08-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57 View Post
But Sarah didn't publicly condemn the Queen's son as being incapable of doing the job he has been trained to do all his life - that would be a reflection of the training the Queen had given him herself and thus could be seen as a direct attack on the Queen.

Diana brought about the divorce the instant she co-operated in the Morton book through washing her dirty linen in public. Once she had made her marriage difficulties public (and she made a conscious decision to make it all public) divorce was inevitable. It could have been more amicable if done like the Yorks but she wanted to have all the status of being a member of the RF, wanted to destroy her husband's future, and was just a plain nasty piece of work over her dealings with the RF in the early 90s. It is no wonder that the Queen insisted on a divorce.

Diana was responsible for putting herself in the position of getting in the car with a drunk driver who went too fast and killed himself and two of his passengers. To blame anyone else for her death besides those involved that evening is just plain silly IMHO.
When a person is sad, disappointed, frustrated and angry he / she says anything under the sun without realizing that the effects after that.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
When Sarah and Andrew separated the announcement was "they were to separate and divorce". When John Major announced that the Prince and Princess of Wales were to going to separate it was "a legal separation and there were no plans to divorce" It was left open for Diana to remain in the royal family, ( not Sarah). The Panorama interview was in late November 1995, the Queen wrote to Charles and Diana in early December 1995 telling them to divorce. The Panorama interview was the last straw as far as Diana was concerned and therefore there was no chance of her remaining as a member of the royal family. ( Therefore indirectly, following your logic, she contributed to her death)
Diana blamed Camilla and the royal family blamed Diana for the divorce but one thing I am sure is that HM The Queen as the Head of The Church of England is still not happy of Charles marrying a divorcee although The Queen pretends that she is happy which is a typical motherly feeling and attitude.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Diana was a revengeful & hot-tempered person not a calm & patience person as Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York.
Well Diana did have her moments of hot-tempered revenge but I've never thought of Sarah being a calm and patient person.

But even so, srivishnu, I think you and I are saying the same thing and we're saying that certain personality traits of Diana led to some behavior that played a factor in her death (for example, I think her engaging personality made the press more interested in her, and her desire to make a former boyfriend jealous induced her to start up with Dodi. Others who know more than I may well disagree with me.)

But then its hard to focus on Camilla as the cause of Diana's death and give that as a reason that she shouldn't attend Diana's memorial.

If you say that Camilla had an affair with Diana's husband and then she shouldn't attend because the woman who cheated with Diana's husband when she was married should not go to Diana's memorial service, then people would agree with you on the facts of the affair and your reasons would be understandable though others would disagree with you whether that would be a valid cause for Camilla not to go to the memorial service.

If you're saying that Camilla shouldn't go because she caused Diana so much pain, well; I think also that would be understandable - the affair had to have caused Diana some pain and it is strange to see people that caused a person's pain sitting at their memorial service. Though I would question whether the affair was the source of ALL Diana's pain and wonder whether the criteria of only inviting people that didn't cause pain to Diana would mean that most of the Royal Family and some of Diana's own family would be excluded from the memorial service which would also look strange.

Its just your saying that Camilla should not go because you think Camilla caused Diana's death is what does not make sense.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 08-08-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Diana blamed Camilla and the royal family blamed Diana for the divorce but one thing I am sure is that HM The Queen as the Head of The Church of England is still not happy of Charles marrying a divorcee although The Queen pretends that she is happy which is a typical motherly feeling and attitude.
And do you think she feels the same way about Andrew and Anne or does she only feel this way about Charles because it will add another reason to the people to have him duped out of his crown?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well if its all the same to the rest of you British forum regulars, I'd like to get the thread back on track to why Camilla should or should not attend and explanations for your reasons.

Asking srivishnu or any other members about their reasons for wanting or not wanting Camilla to attend the memorial service is well and good but I'd rather not see the discussion turn to something totally unrelated to the memorial or the fact that Camilla is attending.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 08-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Camilla should not attend Diana's memorial service as she was the cause of her marriage breakup and death.
Sorry, but i´m absolutely shocked that it is allowed for a member of TRF to say that Camilla is guilty of Diana´s death! This statement is the worst i read in this forums!
Old 08-08-2007, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

As long as nobody's accusing Camilla of being directly behind the alleged murder of Diana and Dodi, an opinion that Camilla was an indirect cause of Diana's death by helping create an atmosphere which led to the breakup of the Wales marriage and Diana's subsequent activities is a valid opinion. Certainly one with which many if not most people would disagree, especially in the terms it was originally stated, but that's why ysbel asked for clarification.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy

If this memorial service is to remember Princess Diana and celebrate her life, then only her friends, family and those she loved/liked and loved/liked her should be present. I undestand that time has passed and Camilla is now married to Princess Charles, but Diana neither loved her nor liked her so out of respect for her memory she should stay away. I want to make it clear that I don't dislike Camilla, its just that it makes sense for her not to go because, regardless of whether Diana's feelings were right or wrong those were HER feelings.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
I undestand that time has passed and Camilla is now married to Princess Charles, but Diana neither loved her nor liked her so out of respect for her memory she should stay away.
Actually that is not true. Camilla Parker Bowles and Lady Diana Spencer, later The Princess of Wales, have interacted a lot together during the engagement period and the beginning of the marriage. It was more or less Camilla who took care for the insecure Lady Diana during the chaotic period in which she barely knew how to walk, how to move, how to act in her totally new role.

We may assume that Diana and Camilla have become enemies indeed. But this is not the same as "neither loved her or liked her". And we also do not know if Diana, after the separation and the divorce, has come to terms with Camilla, finalized the turbulent period and went on on a new road in her life.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

Diana's problems haunt her memorial as much as they troubled her life | the Daily Mail

caution: take a grain of salt before reading ;0
Old 08-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Honestly doesen't the Daily Mail have anything else better to report then crap like this!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Despite Richard Kay's protest that he's carrying Diana's banner, the Daily Mail shows as little respect to Diana as it does to Camilla with this article.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 08-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
Actually that is not true. Camilla Parker Bowles and Lady Diana Spencer, later The Princess of Wales, have interacted a lot together during the engagement period and the beginning of the marriage. It was more or less Camilla who took care for the insecure Lady Diana during the chaotic period in which she barely knew how to walk, how to move, how to act in her totally new role.

We may assume that Diana and Camilla have become enemies indeed. But this is not the same as "neither loved her or liked her". And we also do not know if Diana, after the separation and the divorce, has come to terms with Camilla, finalized the turbulent period and went on on a new road in her life.
I don't know for sure, but I seriously doubt that Diana came to terms with Camilla. Plus, what kind of woman tries to befriend your lovers new wife? You know what they say, keep your friends close but your enemies closer, maybe that's why Camilla was being "nice" to Diana. Anyways, we don't know if she loved/liked Camilla, sometimes we just barely tolerate people.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Nobility

The only people that caused the break up of Charles and Diana marriage is Charles and Diana. Camilla could not have carried on " the friendship" with Charles ,if he did no want to have a part of it. I think to blame Camilla is viewing this from the wrong angle. When two people love each other they do not seek others to meet their needs. So yes Camilla should go to the service. If someone should not go it should be charles(ha, ha). Just kidding on the last statment, please do not send a bad reply. I think that finally Charles is very happy and we should not keep on about something that is in the past. It looks like to boys have moved on and so should we!
Old 08-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Aristocracy

According to English recent poll, many people in England don´t want Camila in the memorial service Diana.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
According to English recent poll, many people in England don´t want Camila in the memorial service Diana.
The "poll" was held under 1.000 or something readers of the magazine for The Club For The Beatification, The Sanctification, The Adoration And The Glorification Of The Late Diana, Ever Innocent And Pure, probably better known as The Daily Mail.

This for the balance.

My guess is that most Britons commuting to their work, bringing their children to the day care, going to the fitness centre or having a pint at the pub, could not care less about the presence of the Duchess at a memorial or not.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

It seems to me, the only reason for the 'Camilla shouldn't go arguments', is Diana's vague suggestion in the panorama interview, that Camilla was there in the marriage right from the start. All she said was that they were having a relationship.
Charles, as we know from his interview, said that the affair started in 1986, the same time of Diana's admitted affair with Hewitt. (I'm not sure of the start dates with Mannakee, Waterhouse, etc), so bearing that in mind.....
msleiman is correct, if two people are happy together, they do everything in their power to keep each other happy and neither have any need to look elsewhere.

Some of the rags are happily printing the results of their polls, which like most polls, can be misleading, phone polls cannot be taken seriously by anyone, to make a bit more money.

It's such a pity that an event organised by her sons to unite the family, should have such a disheartening effect on strangers.

Tags
camilla, diana's death and funeral, duchess of cornwall, memorial, princess diana, princess of wales