The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I mean, her only contribution to Diana's life was to make her miserable by consistently sleeping with her husband, thats not up for debate it's fact.
Well a lot of Diana's miserableness came about when she and James Hewitt broke up and Camilla really can't be blamed for that.

I think the sources of Diana's misery was varied and many and I think William, as Diana's confidant, is wise enough about the sources of Diana's pain not to blame it on any one person.

William's and Harry's memories of Diana and Charles are different than ours because their relationship was different. So it follows that their memorial to her would be different than if any of us had done it.

Everybody thinks they knew Diana and a lot of people are strongly attached to her memory but the only people who really own her memory to carry it forward are her sons and her immediate family.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 08-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Serene Highness

I know it might be not exactly on the topic, but I'm unpleasantly surprised that William & Harry invited Al-fayed family member. Dodi Al-fayed happened to be just a short term liaison for their mother. It's sort of tacky to invite his family member, even maybe immoral, or I am too old fashioned...

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 08-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
I know it might be not exactly on the topic, but I'm unpleasantly surprised that William & Harry invited Al-fayed family member. Dodi Al-fayed happened to be just a short term liaison for their mother. It's sort of tacky to invite his family member, even maybe immoral, or I am too old fashioned...
Well they probably thought it was time to stop the 'war' between the Al-Fayed and the RF. They wanted maybe for people to not forget that in this car there was Diana of course but some other persons who are also terribly missed by their families.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Well they probably thought it was time to stop the 'war' between the Al-Fayed and the RF. They wanted maybe for people to not forget that in this car there was Diana of course but some other persons who are also terribly missed by their families.
It supposed to be private, family event, not occasion for showing the public that there were other people in the accident and not the demonstration of peace between parties involved. Just quiet family service. Such demonstrations, including inviting Camilla brings of course more media attention, something, I guess, both princes wanted to avoid.
I also agree that it might be too early for memorial service. There are a lot of people who remember tragedy, too much pain and controversy. And Again I hope Camilla will not come. I am not against the duchess, I just think it would bring too much unnecessary media attention.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 08-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
It supposed to be private, family event, not occasion for showing the public that there were other people in the accident and not the demonstration of peace between parties involved. Just quiet family service. Such demonstrations, including inviting Camilla brings of course more media attention, something, I guess, both princes wanted to avoid.
I agree but what I meant by this is that the grief was and is still shared by different families. It's a memorial for Diana but IMO it would be inappropriate to not allow the Al-Fayed family to take part of it. Diana's death has touch the world but what about Dodi ? OKay he's not as 'important' to the view of the public but a life is a life, there's no distinction in that.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
I would like to start a poll on this question but it's a little controversial so if the moderators think it's a worthless thread that could cause some fight then delete it, no problem with me .
Camilla should not attend Diana's memorial service as she was the cause of her marriage breakup and death.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivishnu View Post
Camilla should not attend Diana's memorial service as she was the cause of her marriage breakup and death.
Are you saying that Camilla caused Diana's death, srivishnu? That is a pretty serious thing to say. What are your reasons for saying that?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 08-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
So let Diana rest in peace. Never accuse Charles, William, Harry and the royal family anything if they want to remeber Diana in their own way without any public demonstration. Nothing about Diana is a private matter espiecally for this ten year anniversary thing. Individuals can remeber Diana in their private ways but as royal family members, William and Harry have a lot of things to think about when they remember their mother and remember Diana as a royal family member. Camilla is not there to court attention but the media will make a fuss on her about everything. Camilla is there not to change anything but Prince William and Prince Harry will be there to lead the service. Camilla is just there to support them and they probably want her there to see them achieving things.
The princes use the memorial occasion to remeber their mother and pass the message about love, compassion, forgiveness, peace, happiness,kindness. I think these are the things that people like about Diana and these are things what she brought to the people. If rembering Diana is a really private matter, it will be easier for everyone but it is impossible. Personally I hope that this time people will be more understanding and respect the royal family's way to do things not their way.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:30 PM

That's not what's happening though is it? We're having it rammed down our throats so that it's unavoidable which is getting to alot of people, especially when the attacks on individual members of the Royal Family are becoming more and more frequent.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent

It also depends on how 'we' wish to percieve it, not just having it 'rammed down our throats', so to speak.

Some like Camilla or Diana, some like both, some don't like either and some just don't care. So it's very little wonder this occasion shall be of interest to some, disgust for others and not even a flicker of appeal for the rest.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-07-2007, 09:49 PM

But you can't deny that by broadcasting it on BBC One and ITV and filling the remainder of the day with Di documentaries, it's taking over the entire day and thus being rammed down how throats? There's simply no way to get away from it, especially when I hear Radio 1 and Radio 4 are now going to broadcast as well. Thank Goodness I thought ahead and booked a week in the sun.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
...it's taking over the entire day and thus being rammed down how throats?
Again, it's how you wish to look at it, which shall determine consequently what it is you make of it. You aren't that fond of Diana, nor her memory, I'd venture to say so it's no surprise that you shall look upon the broadcasting as an overkill of sorts.

One day, you said? Then it is but one day of the year...I'm sure you shall survive, 'BF'!

If you're finding it dreadfully hard, make sure to stock up on you're Bollinger! A self enduced alcoholic coma would be sure to make the day go quick for you..haha

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
But you can't deny that by broadcasting it on BBC One and ITV and filling the remainder of the day with Di documentaries, it's taking over the entire day and thus being rammed down how throats? There's simply no way to get away from it, especially when I hear Radio 1 and Radio 4 are now going to broadcast as well. Thank Goodness I thought ahead and booked a week in the sun.
Just pick up a book you like not about Diana at all. And watch a DVD not about Diana at all. BeatrixFan, I think we will go through the day very soon and everything will be normall again. I don't find this summer as what I thought. Just find things to do and fill the day. It will be not as bad as you thought and probably you will find some fun. I am quite looking forward to watch the unity of the royal family,the Spencer family, and the Al Fayed family and ladies' hats during the event. We will have more news to know who will attend the services and probably we can really have a better guess about how the event will probably be.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Are you saying that Camilla caused Diana's death, srivishnu? That is a pretty serious thing to say. What are your reasons for saying that?
If Camilla didn't have an affair with Charles, Diana wouldn't go after other guys especially. If Diana didn't go after other guys, she wouldn't be dead now. Indirectly and invisibly Camilla is main cause of Diana's divorce and death.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:41 PM

To say Camilla caused Diana's death is totally ridiculous. Her drunk driver caused her death. By your logic, Scott Thorson killed Liberace, not AIDS.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
If Camilla didn't have an affair with Charles, Diana wouldn't go after other guys especially. If Diana didn't go after other guys, she wouldn't be dead now. Indirectly and invisibly Camilla is main cause of Diana's divorce and death.
It is very illogical to say such things. Diana was HRH The princess of Wales. I would like to admit there was a double standard for her but she should have not taken any lover if she still wanted Charles. Charles was her husband for sure but he was her future king as well. If Diana truly wanted Charles as what she said, she definitely had to keep her exclusive to Charles for all her life no matter what. Taking any lover undermined his confidence in Diana and in the marriage itself. Being the wife of a future king, Diana had to live by his standards to keep him.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Hmm following this logic then, Diana was the main cause of her death. If she had not done the Panorama interview then the Queen would not have written to her ( and Charles) telling them to divorce. If she were not divorced she would have had the protection of the Royal Protection squad.

Also where's the part that Diana is responsible for her own actions? Ok so Charles had an affair, Diana could have taken the moral high ground and not gone after other guys, but she didn't. Therefore following your logic she's indirectly and invisibly the cause of her death.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivishnu
Well thanks for answering my question srivishnu but I kinda agree with Charlotte on this one. Diana could have done a lot of different things to respond to Camilla and Charles' affair and 99 out of a 100 hundred of them wouldn't have killed her.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 08-08-2007, 02:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
Hmm following this logic then, Diana was the main cause of her death. If she had not done the Panorama interview then the Queen would not have written to her ( and Charles) telling them to divorce. If she were not divorced she would have had the protection of the Royal Protection squad.

Also where's the part that Diana is responsible for her own actions? Ok so Charles had an affair, Diana could have taken the moral high ground and not gone after other guys, but she didn't. Therefore following your logic she's indirectly and invisibly the cause of her death.
Even Sarah Ferguson gave interview and even appeared in a magazine and on TV but she is not dead. I am pretty sure The Queen told both of them to divorce not because of the interview but some other reasons which we as the public not aware of.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Well thanks for answering my question srivishnu but I kinda agree with Charlotte on this one. Diana could have done a lot of different things to respond to Camilla and Charles' affair and 99 out of a 100 hundred of them wouldn't have killed her.
Diana was a revengeful & hot-tempered person not a calm & patience person as Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York.

Tags
camilla, diana's death and funeral, duchess of cornwall, memorial, princess diana, princess of wales