Rumours?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lexi4

Nobility
City
Belleville
Country
United States
I saw a headline in one of our not too credible publications that Camilla is in rehab for alcohol abuse. Is that correct?
Thanks,
Lexi

Last edited:
I think it's just a rumor. I couldn't find any 'serious' news website with this featuring in the news ...

Last edited:
I saw a headline in one of our not too credible publications that Camilla is in rehab for alcohol abuse. Is that correct?
Thanks,
Lexi

Last time I saw a picture of her, she was looking much too good to be an abuser of alcohol. But if you want to believe in Yellow Press headlines, Germany has so much to offer - and this is a quite harmless variety. I think we had prince William out to kill Camilla lately. :D

I saw that she and Charles had a secret divorce and she got millions of pounds.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that she was threatening to leave Charles--but then he and the Queen agreed to give her 100 million pounds and promise of her being Queen when Charles ascends.

Duchess in rehab? No, no no.

The yellow tab stories are the alternative version of reality that the Diana fanatics wish or some even seem to believe is happening.

Some of those stories I really wish the RF would sue on.

The problem with lawsuits is that the yellow press will immediately assume that every story which doesn't result in a suit is true, and they'll also be able to concoct all manner of idiotic stories just to see which ones result in lawsuits, which would cost the royal family a lot of money and would result in endless entertainment for the press. Unfortunately, I don't think the royal family has much choice other than to use lawsuits extremely sparingly and for only the most egregious libel or theft.

I detest the yellow press. But when I am standing in a long line at the grocery store, they just kind of jump out at me. I'm not sure which rag this was. It may have been the Globe or something like that.
Lexi

P.S. It was the Globe. Here is the link Drunken Camilla Rehab Crisis! - Globe Magazine
if anyone is intesting. The Globe is a rag.

Last edited:
What bologna! It is so stuoid that people print those awful lies just to ruin someones reputation, and I'm sorry to say there are actually people who believe it.

.S. It was the Globe. Here is the link Drunken Camilla Rehab Crisis! - Globe Magazine
if anyone is intesting. The Globe is a rag.

From this truly piece of litterature: "how a message from beyond the grave drove Camilla to drink - and why she now fears for her very life"

Loool frankly it made my day:ROFLMAO:. I's so uber ridiculous:eek:nly one reponse to this : a good laugh!!

The picture on this page was taken just a few days ago. When I first saw it a few days--I thought Camilla was looking really sharp and happy. Almost younger. Royal Insight > Gallery Considering the source of the article--I would say it isn't worth the paper it is printed on!! :rolleyes:

The picture on this page was taken just a few days ago. When I first saw it a few days--I thought Camilla was looking really sharp and happy. Almost younger. Royal Insight > Gallery Considering the source of the article--I would say it isn't worth the paper it is printed on!! :rolleyes:

Indeed. I wondered if they hadn't "doctored" the picture in some way.

Considering the attention the article has received on this board the paper is obviously read by many different kinds of people.

Indeed. I wondered if they hadn't "doctored" the picture in some way.

What, and blurred out the bottle of gin in a brown paper bag HRH was hiding under her coat? This story is 100% false, to even entertain the idea of it being true is ridiculous. If she was an alcoholic we'd know by now. If you are, it's impossible to hide.

As Jo said, the German yellow press has headlines like this every week::bang: Weekly a seperation and divorce of Charles and Camilla, daily a quarrel of Camilla with William and Harry or an arguments of Charles with the Queen ... i remember some weeks ago that i read that Camilla has an addiction to pills...
The best is to ignore this rubbish...:flowers:

Yes, pure BS although it still hurt people who are concerned. Even if Camilla looks tough when facing that kind of attack, I'm sure it is hard to bear sometimes ...

I told Camilla to stay away from Pete Doherty, but she just wouldn't listen...:D

I wish HRH all the best for a speedy recovery...:lol::ROFLMAO:

And this, good people, is a perfect example of why I stopped buying magazines some years back!

Considering the attention the article has received on this board the paper is obviously read by many different kinds of people.

The title of the thread is what is triggering all of the hits. Since this is a rumour in a gossip mag may I suggest that the thread be re named Rumors about....When I googled Camilla and alcholic no matches . When I googled Camilla and rehab I got the royal forum thread, the Globe, and some articles about her changing image. AND on google it comes up as a statement not a question.

Excellent point, sthreats.

A possible change in the topics name, perhaps? We afterall don't wish to fuel this nonsense...:flowers:

The globe is such a joke magazine here in the US. It's total nonsense. Honestly, that magazine is considered fiction and eveyone laughs at it. I wouldn't even call it a tabloid magazine. It's an insult to other tabloids.

What, and blurred out the bottle of gin in a brown paper bag HRH was hiding under her coat? This story is 100% false, to even entertain the idea of it being true is ridiculous. If she was an alcoholic we'd know by now. If you are, it's impossible to hide.

Too true. Yep, you can see alcoholism in the face overtime, and it doesn't take so many years as we have been seeing Camilla. I see celebrities often whom I suspect have terrible alcoholism. Camilla does look much too good for this to be true. For her age, oh yes, much too good.

But speaking of the yellow press, headlines.... I never even notice them in the grocery stores anymore, because I am a self-checkout girl, but the other day, my mom was telling me about one she saw in the checkout, about Camilla and William "being at war"! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rehab is so out...psych wards are in right now...LOL

That is true. It would have been obvious long ago.
Lexi

The title of the thread is what is triggering all of the hits. Since this is a rumour in a gossip mag may I suggest that the thread be re named Rumors about....When I googled Camilla and alcholic no matches . When I googled Camilla and rehab I got the royal forum thread, the Globe, and some articles about her changing image. AND on google it comes up as a statement not a question.

Good point. I will change the title.

I tried to change the title, I am not sure it worked.
Lexi

Too true. Yep, you can see alcoholism in the face overtime, and it doesn't take so many years as we have been seeing Camilla.

Well I wasn't so much thinking of the red face but the daily duties she'd be performing under the influence. I mean, some alcoholics do. The late Yootha Joyce, a British actress, died in her 50s from liver failure. At the inquest it was revealed that she'd be drinking a bottle of optics gin a day for 5 years, yet she'd turned up to the Granada studios for roughly 7 months a year to film. Whilst heavily under the influence, she sailed through the script and delivered her lines perfectly. It just didn't seem to affect her. So unless Camilla's blessed with a staggeringly robust constitution, we'd surely hear of her slurring her "And what do you do?"s and we'd see a little wobble every now and then?

I tried to change the title, I am not sure it worked.
Lexi

Don't worry lexi, I changed the titles. Good catch sthreats for noting this page coming up in Google searches.

Believe it or not, others out there do pay attention to what we write here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom