The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know about that--look at Blaine soon to be ex-Trump and her work with God's Love We Deliver--that is NOT a popular charity! And besides, who cares what their motivation is--they're out their doing something, not figuring out how to pay the upkeep on their castle!

Old 07-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

Yes Blaine Trump is an exception to the rule. She does do tremendous work. However, too many socialites and celebrities want the acclaim that goes with philanthropic work. The true philanthropist doesn't have to say a word.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

That's your definition. According to my rules, there are 8 levels of charity--the highest being where neither the donor nor donee know each other, and the lowest being where they both do. But it's still charity, and it should be appreciated however or why ever it is given.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
That's your definition. According to my rules, there are 8 levels of charity--the highest being where neither the donor nor donee know each other, and the lowest being where they both do. But it's still charity, and it should be appreciated however or why ever it is given.
That is fine Bubbette and you are more than entitled to your opinion. I am a cynical American who watches everyday as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:16 AM
Administrator

It's self-evident

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
I also heard Camilla got her coat of arms with a POW coronet in it. The law may be the law, but it still makes me want to vomit in disgust.
Camilla has the Prince of Wales coronet in her coat of arms because she is married to the Prince of Wales.

Nothing to get too excited about, let alone "vomit in disgust" (such an elegant turn of phrase, eh?).

:)
Old 07-20-2005, 04:20 AM
Aristocracy

I agree Tiaraprin, the rich do get richer and the poor, poorer. Look at Live8. I know they weren't asking for money but the fact remains that it's not rich people that watch things like that and feel bad, its ordinary people like me.
To get back to the subject, Charles was pictured holding a baby only last week. Why is no comment made about that? I think Charles and Camilla are doing a great job and should be applauded as are Sophie and Edward. Andrew on the other hand is a waste of space but that is for another discussion.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:34 AM
Gentry

i think it's going as normal as it could by britain royalty standard
Old 07-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Camilla has the Prince of Wales coronet in her coat of arms because she is married to the Prince of Wales.

Nothing to get too excited about, let alone "vomit in disgust" (such an elegant turn of phrase, eh?).

:)
I am well aware Warren of whom she is married to, that is why I said "the law may be the law." I know she is "technically" entitled to it. Trying to find ways to express one's feelings without resorting to the lowest of language offers unique opportunities to express what one feels.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure we're all duly grateful that you're resisting the temptation to resort to the lowest language...

Hope it isn't doing anything permanently serious to your blood pressure.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Gentry

I would assume that Camilla gets along very well with the other members of the Royal family. I think the common interest of horses will at least help Camilla connect with the Queen and Princess Anne. Also Camilla most likely is very nice to all the royals, since she's trying to get their approval. I don't think Camilla cares very much about precedence, if she did I'm sure she would be going by her rightful title Princess of Wales, regardless of what the public might think.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I'm sure we're all duly grateful that you're resisting the temptation to resort to the lowest language...

Hope it isn't doing anything permanently serious to your blood pressure.
Thanks so much for your concern . I am strong and will remain strong. No need to worry about me (not that I think for a moment you or anyone else is).
Old 07-21-2005, 12:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feberin
I would assume that Camilla gets along very well with the other members of the Royal family. I think the common interest of horses will at least help Camilla connect with the Queen and Princess Anne. Also Camilla most likely is very nice to all the royals, since she's trying to get their approval. I don't think Camilla cares very much about precedence, if she did I'm sure she would be going by her rightful title Princess of Wales, regardless of what the public might think.
I agree. I think Camilla, no matter of what members of the Royal Family think of her, will try to get along with them for the simple fact that she wants to win their approval. Even though she is married to the Prince of Wales, she is still the newest member of the Royal Family. Do I think that if Camilla and Charles were not married The Queen would be best friends with Camilla, no I absolutely do not. But The Queen is smart enough to realise that the Royal Family cannot appear divided, so whatever Her personal feelings may be, She is going to put them aside and be gracious to Camilla. I honestly do think, however, that they all do get on, at least somewhat. Camilla pulls her weight when it comes to doing official engagements and thats important. Ive seen her do more than some other crown princesses in this short time span, and I think that does sit well with The Queen. And I honestly think the whole precedence issue is not important to Camilla. I bet she is glad to be in the Royal Family period.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree that she (camilla) is glad to be in the royal family period. Considering her pick up line to Prince Charles. She is doing alot of work, she seems to really enjoy it also. I wonder what changed the Queens mind about Camilla all of the sudden.

Old 08-03-2005, 02:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
I agree that she (camilla) is glad to be in the royal family period. Considering her pick up line to Prince Charles. She is doing alot of work, she seems to really enjoy it also. I wonder what changed the Queens mind about Camilla all of the sudden.
The Queen changed her mind because she was backed into a corner. Charles was never going to give up Camilla. She did not want her son becoming king, unmarried, with a mistress. It is highly damaging. I believe Her Majesty wanted to regularize Charles' personal life before his becoming King to lessen controversy. So, she let that woman in and he married her. I believe Her Majesty is hoping that they will work hard and win over the people. She wanted it done within her lifetime so it wouldn't be a shock later down the road, and she can watch and control what is going on with them.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The Queen changed her mind because she was backed into a corner. \
Is this your opinion or do you have some evidence to back it up. I agree with the facts that you have given, such as Charles saying that he wouldn't give up Camilla but the rest is your opinion, and quite a few other people I think, but I have not seen a statement to that effect from BP is there?
Old 08-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
She wanted it done within her lifetime so it wouldn't be a shock later down the road, and she can watch and control what is going on with them.
Let's hope she can "control" them better than she did Charles and Diana. What a disaster.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Courtier

I haven't seen the Queen make any friendly overtures to Camilla, also, Camilla has appeared to have been snubbed and ignored by her plenty. It's well known that the Queen and Philip did not approve of Camilla during Charles's first marriage. It's hard to tell as the Queen always keeps such a stuff upper lip, but I haven't seen her exhibit the warmness that she did for Diana when she married Charles. But what else can we expect?
Old 08-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
I agree that she (camilla) is glad to be in the royal family period. Considering her pick up line to Prince Charles
I agree. I'm not a Diana fan, but I still think Camilla set her sights early on and went for them all the way.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:17 AM
Royal Highness

Yeah I agree totally.

Anyway has camilla received the Royal Family Order of The Queen

The order is talked about here at royal insight: www.royal.gov.uk/ output/Page2496.asp
Old 08-04-2005, 02:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
Is this your opinion or do you have some evidence to back it up. I agree with the facts that you have given, such as Charles saying that he wouldn't give up Camilla but the rest is your opinion, and quite a few other people I think, but I have not seen a statement to that effect from BP is there?
It is my personal opinion about Her Majesty being backed into a corner. I do not believe Her Majesty wanted Charles to marry his mistress who helped break up his first marriage, despite the lack of commonality between Charles and Diana.

Tags
british royal family, camilla, duchess of cornwall, relationships