Relationship of the Royal Family with The Duchess of Cornwall

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Since both William and Harry are grown men it is hardly surprising that they don't have regular one on one contact with Camilla . . . they don't have regular one-on-one contact with their father, grandmother, grandfather etc. They are adults and interact on that level.

We can only read the signs from William and Harry themselves. Harry, in an interview said "she makes our father happy", which I thought was a pretty realistic response but, he went on to add "we love her to bits" and that was pure Harry. No one made him say that, he's an adult and for all his angst regarding the media, he still went out of his way to emphasize how he and his brother personally felt about her.

That really ties in with the closeness mentioned earlier with Camilla's children who, while adults themselves, are still William and Harry's step-brother and sister. They chose to make the contact personal.

Thanks to everyone who reminded me of William's relationship with Camilla and her family. When I talk about a "close" relationship, I am describing a relationship with regular one-on-one interaction. As far as I know, William and Harry don't get together with Camilla alone.

Ok how exactly does anyone know about this "close"/"one-to-one" interactions? Unless one is a fly on a wall of CH or Highgrove..
Should all the media be summoned to these "interactions" and pics of kisses and hugs splashed all over DM in order to prove so?

We generally do not know who anyone, royal or not, has one on one contact with if it happens in a private space. We do not know if Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward ever see each other one on one. Are they now expected to announce their private interactions in the court circular, or summon the press should they decide to have tea or a gin with another member of their family? Good grief. I think we just have to take them at their word ("we love her to bits") and judge their actions (Camillas grandchild as a young bridesmaid at the wedding) and see that there must be a pretty good relationship in that family.

We generally do not know who anyone, royal or not, has one on one contact with if it happens in a private space. We do not know if Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward ever see each other one on one. Are they now expected to announce their private interactions in the court circular, or summon the press should they decide to have tea or a gin with another member of their family? Good grief. I think we just have to take them at their word ("we love her to bits") and judge their actions (Camillas grandchild as a young bridesmaid at the wedding) and see that there must be a pretty good relationship in that family.

I agree with you. I think Camilla's relationship with most members of the BRF appears to be pretty good. She seems to be accepted well by William and Harry. Also, to the extent that you can tell from pictures at public events, you can certainly see a degree of familiarity and comfort (from both sides) in her interactions with Charles' siblings, parents, nieces and nephews.

As regards their interaction and meetings on a purely social and familial basis, we are unlikely to know who meets whom, where and how often - and that is no bad thing. That is their private matter, and they are entitled to their privacy in this regard.

i remember at least one publicized situation where Camilla and William were hanging out together :

William swaps the nightclub for a quiet meal with Camilla - and there's no sign of Charles or Harry | Mail Online

Thanks for the link, but the article says they were with her children, who are friends with William. Nor does the fact that Camilla's granddaughter was in William's wedding indicate that William and Camilla are "close." It illustrates that he is close to Camilla's children.

I agree that we don't know what happens behind closed doors. I am saying that I have never seen anything that indicates that Camilla is particularly close to either William or Harry. My definition of a close relationship is one where they would regularly interact with her on a one-to-one basis. It's possible they do, I just haven't seen any proof of that.

They apparently like her and they certainly don't seem to blame her for Diana's unhappiness, but it doesn't mean they are close to her. I'm not being negative towards Camilla, both Harry and William are grown men with their own circle of friends.

Thanks for the link, but the article says they were with her children, who are friends with William. Nor does the fact that Camilla's granddaughter was in William's wedding indicate that William and Camilla are "close." It illustrates that he is close to Camilla's children.

I agree that we don't know what happens behind closed doors. I am saying that I have never seen anything that indicates that Camilla is particularly close to either William or Harry. My definition of a close relationship is one where they would regularly interact with her on a one-to-one basis. It's possible they do, I just haven't seen any proof of that.

They apparently like her and they certainly don't seem to blame her for Diana's unhappiness, but it doesn't mean they are close to her. I'm not being negative towards Camilla, both Harry and William are grown men with their own circle of friends.

There is the interview where Harry said that he and William love her to bits.

http://youtu.be/JpZYam6Vqs8

I think William & Harry have tried to put those past hurt and feelings behind them and have accepted Camilla has their father's wife and companion. There's a power in forgiveness that many won't fully understand. Charles is the only parent William & Harry have left, I'm sure they did whatever possible to let him be happy again.

This thread was dormant since June last year until someone posted yesterday (since deleted). I suppose that last year people considered the matter closed.

After 8 years of marriage and knowing the family for even longer, there is little extra we can glean from the past.

What seems obvious to me, is that this is a family comfortable with each other. The positive impact she has had is obvious to many, including family members IMO.

My definition of a close relationship is one where they would regularly interact with her on a one-to-one basis. It's possible they do, I just haven't seen any proof of that.

I cannot imagine under what circumstances you are likely to find such one on one interactions between any 2 members of the royal family since they would likely only happen either behind closed doors or on one of the private estates like Sandringham or Balmoral unless you are advocating turning all royal residences, including the private ones, into Big Brother Houses for your pleasure.

I cannot imagine under what circumstances you are likely to find such one on one interactions between any 2 members of the royal family since they would likely only happen either behind closed doors or on one of the private estates like Sandringham or Balmoral unless you are advocating turning all royal residences, including the private ones, into Big Brother Houses for your pleasure.

As you know, there would be many circumstances and indications that members of the royal family see each other regularly that don't include making royal residences "Big Brother Houses."

For example, there are indications that Sophie visits the Queen regularly and they share a common interest in military history, even though neither the Queen nor Sophie have said so publicly. Another example is that Charles and Catherine share an interest in art and have visited galleries and museums together.

I think it is fair to say that Harry and William like Camilla and do not blame her for Diana's unhappiness. They also are close to her children. I see no evidence of a relationship beyond that.

Last edited:
People also use telephone and text to stay in touch. Closeness doesn't get to be defined by others, it's defined by the people involved, in their hearts.

As you know, there would be many circumstances and indications that members of the royal family see each other regularly that don't include making royal residences "Big Brother Houses."

For example, there are indications that Sophie visits the Queen regularly and they share a common interest in military history, even though neither the Queen nor Sophie have said so publicly. Another example is that Charles and Catherine share an interest in art and have visited galleries and museums together.

Is there really much public evidence of Sophie and the Queen's common interest in military history, or Charles and Catherine's visiting galleries and museum's together, or is this just heresay or what may have appeared in a tabloid or an online forum?

I can't explain it. But Camilla has truly grown on me. I really like her ! She's sure of herself and will be awesome as a wife to Charles. Consort is another story. :)

Why is Consort another story? She will be entitled to be Consort. When asked in a television interview whether she might someday be Queen, Charles said she could well be. I think it's pretty clear that that is his wish and, if I'm not mistaken, she will automatically assume that title when he ascends to the throne.

Why is Consort another story? She will be entitled to be Consort. When asked in a television interview whether she might someday be Queen, Charles said she could well be. I think it's pretty clear that that is his wish and, if I'm not mistaken, she will automatically assume that title when he ascends to the throne.

She is Queen the moment he becomes King. To be other than Queen Consort, they either have to pass legislation in advance of the Queen's death (so unlikely as it is legislation for a specific individual - unheard of and probably contravening Human Rights legislation) or take it off her after the death of the Queen by the same legislative process.

She could choose to be called something else as she does now (ie Duchess of Cornwall instead of Pss of Wales), but that is a problem because the King only has one title and so there is no secondary title to use.

Thank you, Cepe. Yes, I'm sure she will become Queen Consort. Not that it will affect what happens, but I think the residual animosity towards her is misplaced. Prince Charles is clearly happier with her by his side. Had HM not given her permission, he could not and would not have married her. I see no signs that she is not accepted by the royal family. Some animosity towards her by a small percentage of the public remains and, at this point, there's probably nothing more that can be done about it.

I distinctly remember we have a thread on A Title for Camilla. Could we stop bleeding it into every other thread?

I have often wondered why, when the main players have moved on and are living healthy, well adjusted lives, people still hold to the notion of "Demon Camilla' and that consequently she could never be accepted in any real way by and members of the BRF let alone HM or William and Harry. Quite the opposite in fact. :blink:

Then today I was googling something and from three letters, "cam" up bounced News for camilla parker bowles with the first article beside a photo titled Camilla Parker Bowles ‘Made Decision to Turn Off Brother’s Life-Support Machine’. Okay said I and took a look at the Globe:

CAMILLA Parker Bowles made the decision to have her *critically ill brother’s life-support machine switched off. The slant kind of amused me so when I came to the Related stories I took a look so, for a hoot check out the headlines . . .
Prince Charles swears to destroy Camilla Parker Bowles : PRINCE Charles has declared war on wife Camilla Parker Bowles!

According to America’s Globe magazine, Camilla shockingly crumbled in public as Charles ramped things up in their $350 million divorce, and chillingly threatened, “I will destroy you”.

“Camilla collapsed over all the nasty behind-the-scenes goings-on,” a source said.

Back in March, it was claimed the pair got into a furious row after Camilla insulted Charles’ dying mom, Queen Elizabeth.

“Camilla made drunken ugly remarks about Elizabeth,” a source said.

“Charles stormed out of the palace and fled to Switzerland.”
CPB tried to kill herself: PRINCE Charles‘ frumpy wife Camilla Parker Bowles tried to KILL HERSELF, it has been claimed.

The British royal — referred to as the Duchess of Cornwall — apparently had some sort of meltdown that left her in seclusion and nursing a badly broken leg, according to American tabloid Globe.

Bowles’ crisis was allegedly triggered when she learned Queen Elizabeth will formally bypass Charles and make William the heir to the throne later this year.
Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding to be ruined by CPB: PRINCE William and his fiance Kate Middleton have a problem — and her name is Camilla Parker Bowles!

Sources say Camilla — who’s married to William’s dad Prince Charles — has launched a” diabolical campaign” to disrupt the couple’s wedding.

According to America’s Globe magazine, Camilla — who’s one of the ugliest people to have married into the royal family — is determined to ruin William and Kate’s April 29 nuptials.
CPB in rehab: PRINCE Charlies‘ wife has been ordered to quit booze!

Queen Elizabeth has reportedly told Camilla Parker Bowles that she needs to detox, as she’s a disgrace to Charles.

Scheming Camilla was also warned that she had no chance of collecting a massive divorce settlement until she sobered up.

“She’s drying out at a far-off rehab center,” a source told American tabloid Globe. “Her boozing was out of control!

“She’s a disgrace to the entire Royal Family!”
CPB plots takeover of the Monarchy:CAMILLA Parker Bowles is determined to be Queen!

The haggish old lady — who’s married to Prince Charles — has told Queen Elizabeth that she shouldn’t be ruling the country.

“Camilla told Queen Elizabeth, ‘You’re too sick to rule’,” a source told America’s Globe magazine.

“Camilla is a schemer. She has hatched a sinister plot to takeover the throne and stop Prince William and Kate Middleton from becoming King and Queen.”

And last, but by no means least:
Prince William and Kate Middleton Targeted by EVIL Camilla:Thursday, April 10, 2014 PRINCE William and Kate Middleton have got 99 problems — and Camilla Parker Bowles is one of ‘em!

Prince Charles‘ backstabbing wife has launched a vicious plot to deny Prince William and his wife Kate from gaining the Throne just as the popular pair left for a tour of New Zealand and Australia.

This weeks issue of America’s Globe magazine details of Camilla’s wicked scheme to become Queen – and shockingly — why it might work!

It was recently claimed Kate and Camilla had a heated showdown, and Camilla — who was drunk — stormed out!

“Camilla was furious,” a source said. “She stormed out of the palace screeching at her husband Prince Charles, ‘I’ll destroy you and the rest of your family’.”

Well, we started with Charles threatening to destroy Camilla and ended with Camilla threatening to destroy Charles and family . . . seems fair. However, all levity aside, the articles are pure venom and the posts vile the extreme and filled will disgusting hate-filled rants. If Americans read them and believe them it kind of explains the heat in many posts and the belief that everyone is out to get Camilla and that she is universally hated by the entire BRF. :argh:

Sick huh? :sick:

Last edited:
I needed a good laugh this morning, I've been stuck doing my dissertation all week and this is the relief I need.

The Globe has been trashing Camilla for years and also from the Globe the Queen is dying. It is not a really reliable source for royal news. People magazine is the best one in the US for royal news. US magazine isn't that great.

The Globe has been trashing Camilla for years and also from the Globe the Queen is dying. It is not a really reliable source for royal news. People magazine is the best one in the US for royal news. US magazine isn't that great.

Isn't it the Globe that has an on the spot source for all the anomalies spotted on Mars? One source close to the corgis also has written that as the Queen lies dying with Camilla secretly sneaking her gin and tonics, Philip has taken the opportunity to dash off to the coast of California to parasail with Nancy Reagan and Betty White while renting out Neverland for the extended stay.

The sad thing is that people actually buy this bird cage liner and believe what is written. TBH, I don't buy any publications for royal news. The best and on the spot place for me is right here.

I posted this in the thread, the family of the Duchess of Cornwall. But as this is about going back to two shared ancestors, maye it is better placed in this thread about the relationship between the royal family and Camilla:

From Charles' ancestors James VI (I) and Anne of Denmark to Camilla's ancestors James VI (I) and Anne of Denmark:

Charles, Prince of Wales
=
Elizabeth II Queen of the United Kingdom, Etc
x Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark

Elizabeth II
=
George VI King of the United Kingdom, Etc
x Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, daughter of the 14th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne

George VI
=
George V King of the United Kingdom, Etc
x Princess Mary, daughter of Franz, Duke of Teck

George V
=
Edward VII King of the United Kingdom, Etc.
x Princess Alexandra, daughter of King Christian IX of Denmark

Edward VII
=
Victoria, Queen of the United Kingdom, Etc.
x Prince Albert von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha

Victoria
=
Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn
x Princess Victoria, daughter of Franz, Duke of Sachsen-Coburg-Saalfeld

Edward
=
George III King of the United Kingdom
x Princess Charlotte, daughter of Karl, Duke of Mecklenburg-Strelitz

George III
=
Frederick, Prince of Wales
x Princess Augusta, daughter of Friedrich II Duke of Sachsen-Gotha-Altenburg

Frederick
=
George II King of Great Britain and Ireland
x Princess Caroline, daughter of Johann Friedrich Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach

George II
=
George I King of Great Britain and Ireland
x Sophia Dorothea, daughter of Georg-Wilhelm Duke of Braunschweig-Lüneburg

George I
=
Sophia, Princess of the Palatinate
x Ernest Augustus, Elector of Braunschweig-Lüneburg

Sophia of the Palatinate
= Elizabeth Stuart
x Friedrich V, Elector of the Palatinate

Elizabeth Stuart
=
King James VI of Scotland and I of England x Princess Anne, daughter of King Frederik II of Denmark
=
Charles I Stuart

Charles I King of England, Scotland and Ireland
x Princess Henrietta Maria, daughter of King Henri IV of France
= Charles II

Charles II King of England, Scotland and Ireland
x Louise, Duchess of Portsmouth, daughter of Guillaume de Penancoët, Seigneur de Kérouaille
= Charles Lennox

Charles Lennox, 1st Duke of Richmond
x Anne Brudenell, daughter of Francis, Baron Brudenell
= Lady Anne Lennox

Lady Anne Lennox
x Willem Anne van Keppel, 2nd Earl of Albemarle
= George Keppel

George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle
x Anne Miller, daughter of Sir John Miller, 4th Baronet
= William Charles Keppel

William Charles Keppel, 4th Earl Albemarle
x Hon. Elizabeth Southwell, daughter of Edward Southwell, 20th Baron de Clifford
= George Thomas Keppel

George Thomas Keppel, 6th Earl of Albemarle
x Susan Trotter of Willesden, daughter of Sir Coutts Trotter of Willesden, 1st Baronet
= William Coutts Keppel

William Coutts Keppel, 7th Earl of Albemarle
x Sophia Mary MacNab, daughter of Sir Allan Napier MacNab (Prime Minister of Canada)
= George Keppel

Lieutenant Colonel Hon. George Keppel
x Alice Edmonstone, daughter of Sir William Edmonstone, 4th Baronet
= Sonia Keppel

Sonia Keppel
x Roland Calvert Cubitt, 3rd Baron Ashcombe
= Hon. Rosalind Maud Cubitt

Hon. Rosalind Maud Cubitt
x Major Bruce Middleton Hope Shand MC and Bar
= Camilla Rosemary Shand (HRH The Duchess of Cornwall)

Does anyone know what kind of relationship have Camilla and Princess Michael of Kent?

I know that they might not be close, even if I saw few pictures of them together, but I am intrigued if Camilla is among those who don't like her or not?

Back
Top Bottom