The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
We can only guess at an answer to that question, because nobody except the royal family will know the truth.

I do find that theory amusing however, Anne married her 'lover' so she must like Camilla who did the same.
My complex sentence referred to both the fact that Anne and Camilla enjoy many of the same country sports and that Anne would not, or should not, be judgmental of Camilla and Charles as she also had an affair and divorced her husband to marry a long-time lover.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Its the Daily Mail, so I would take any information with a grain of salt. True Charles (and likewise Camilla) doesn't socialize that much with his siblings but I don't that makes it frosty...just that they don't share same interests (at least with Andrew and Edward). And really they are at different stages of their life: Anne has her work, her horses and family, Andrew is searching for something (at least to me) but he has his work and girls (Beatrice and Eugenie who are testing independence) and Edward has his family (and young kids at that) as well as his work.

Different interests in my mind doesn't indicate a frosty relationship. And the DM likes to stir things up.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Serene Highness

Some months ago the DM printed that the relations btw Andrew and Camilla were excellent because she was very friendly with Beatrice and Eugenie ....
Old 06-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Some months ago the DM printed that the relations btw Andrew and Camilla were excellent because she was very friendly with Beatrice and Eugenie ....
Well one doesn't look to the DM for consistency. They will write whatever they want depending on their mood and what ever will sell papers.

As for Anne divorcing her husband in 1992 to marry her lover, that sort of overlooks her 1st husband having fathered a child born in 1985 with another woman which was confirmed by a DNA test in 1991.

My guess is that members of the BRF see each other when they can in private but still pursue their separate interests with their own work and their own families and friends......just like the rest of us.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Anne and Camilla have known each other for decades. During the early 70s when Camilla first met and dated Charles with her eye also on Andrew Parker-Bowles, APB was also dating Anne at the time. Being that this is ancient history, I don't think it has any bearing though on the relationship between Anne and Camilla now.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

As for Camilla getting along well with Beatrice and Eugenie; well, I should imagine that she has no reason not to.

And although Camilla shares her husband's designation and styles, his nieces are Princesses of the blood let us not forget. A certain degree of courtesy and respect should be extended by any persons who marry into the family.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Aristocracy

At one time, wasn't there some kind of a relationship between Anne and Andrew Parker Bowles?
Old 06-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
At one time, wasn't there some kind of a relationship between Anne and Andrew Parker Bowles?
Yes, Anne and APB and Charles and Camilla Shand dated at about the same time. Both Anne and camilla remain on good terms with APB. Camilla even invited APB and his second wife to her wedding to Charles. Everyone seems to have remained on quite good terms.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

The feeling I get is that they probably get on reasonably well, but they just don't see one another all that much, apart from big family events - Christmas, Trooping the Colour, Remembrance Sunday etc.

On any given day the RF are scattered all across the UK and even further afield. In comparison, my father's siblings all live within about 20 miles of us but we still don't see much of one another. Every family has its own dynamics and the RF is no different.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

How is the relationship between the Princess Royal and the Duchess of Cambridge ?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Serene Highness

Came across some pics telling a lot about the "frosty' relationship bwt Camilla, Andrew and Anne.
I have no words :

Camilla and Anne
- Camilla and Andrew
- Royal Ladies
Old 06-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

Well i tried but i had some problems with the links to the getty images website lately.
Anyway they are all from getty of course :

Getty Images - Recherche: camilla anne
Old 06-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Here are the links, Nico.
Finding something on Getty is pretty hard; it has immense photo library, but search parameters can be tricky sometimes.

- Camilla and Anne
- Camilla and Andrew
- Royal Ladies
Old 06-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Majesty

Thank you to Nico and Artemisia for the pictures. I love the smiles on everyone's faces. Obviously, all parties involved are enjoying themselves as well as their company .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Thank you to Nico and Artemisia for the pictures. I love the smiles on everyone's faces. Obviously, all parties involved are enjoying themselves as well as their company .
Hear hear.

The media are going to see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear. I found it amusing that there was an article in yesterday's telegraph that was the inevitable anti-Prince Charles article following so many positive ones over the jubilee weekend. The writer accused Clarence House of having selective hearing about any increase in the Prince's popularity.

Clearly selective hearing and vision isn't just restricted to that evil and machiavellian Kremlin-like propaganda machine that is Clarence House (lol).
Old 07-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the royal family have accepted the reality of Camilla's relationship and marriage to Charles, they've been given a chance to know her personally and realize she's a great support to Charles.

If some of them have different feelings, they will keep it to themselves and get on with things.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 07-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Please note that off topic posts (i.e. William succeeding the Queen, Charles being a terrible husband/father, Diana cheated too, etc) have been deleted as off topic and will continue to be deleted.

This thread is about Camilla's relationships with other members of the Royal Family.

Let's stay on topic.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missymew2 View Post
I am real. I'm really glad to hear you don't have any problems and have moved on. I'm also aware that you believe you know everything that went on in Charles and Diana's marriage. Get real and move on. No one knows what really goes on in any family except those living behind the closed doors. I'm sympathetic to Prince William and Prince Harry. I have my thoughts and the freedom to express them. I've already realized that there are many cold hearts on this forum. I've worked in politics for many years. I had the privilege to meet Princess Diana when she was in our City.
It must have been very exciting for you to meet Diana when she was in your city.

I assume that you posted in this thread because you wanted to discuss William and Harry's relationship with Camilla.

As you no doubt know, both of them choose to meet Camilla within one year of Diana's death. Keep in mind that they did so even though they were aware of Diana's side of the story. They actually knew her, unlike the fans that may have meet her once and read about her in the tabloids. Since that time, almost everything I have read, including articles written by big Diana fans such as Andrew Morton, indicate that William and Harry have a good relationship with Camilla. All three of them enjoy country sports and Camilla is apparently very witty and fun loving.

I don't know that they are "close" to Camilla. There may be some arguments here and there, but that is only natural in any family relationship, particularly one involving a stepparent. But it has been very obvious for some time that they don't blame Camilla (or Charles) for all of Diana's unhappiness. Unlike some cold-hearted Diana fans, they want their father--and, I think, Camilla--to be happy. They have moved on with their lives over the last 16 years. I like to think that Diana would have done so if she were still alive.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Courtier

Personally I think William and Harry are realtively close to Camilla. She has attended significant events in their military careers (William's passing out parade at Sandhurst and him getting his wings) which if they didn't want her to be there they could have said and I don't think it would have been a massive issue. Likewise with Camilla being with Charles to visit the new baby cambridge in hospital. If William and Harry didn't want her at their own significant events then she wouldn't be there.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I think The Queen has made a great effort to accept reality and have shown a great of appreciation for the work the Duchess of Cornwall has done as a senior member of the royal family and the happiness she has provided to Charles.

It's pretty much well known that she wasn't fond of Camilla back in the day and even refused to be in the same room with her. A lot has changed since then. I think The Queen is one smart cookie. She is trying to make sure that before she pass on, the "Firm" is more stable than it was in the 90's. Leave the drama behind and get on with things.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd

Tags
british royal family, camilla, duchess of cornwall, relationships