The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #301  
Old 11-29-2011, 06:24 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,305
From the MailOnline, 29 November 2011, by Richard Kay, of all people.
For what it's worth...

How Kate and Camilla have become best friends sharing beauty tips and royal do's and don'ts | Mail Online

Kate's new best friend: Sharing beauty tips and royal do's and don'ts, how Camilla has become Kate's mentor

Of all the Royal Family’s hopes and expectations when Kate Middleton married Prince William, no one could have anticipated it would transform the former Mrs Camilla Parker Bowles. Thanks to Kate, the Duchess of Cornwall’s stock has never been higher within the palace walls, especially with the Queen — who once looked upon Prince Charles’s former mistress as a potential threat to the stability of the monarchy.

Her resoundingly successful visit to the set of Strictly Come Dancing at the weekend — where she chatted animatedly to Sir Bruce Forsyth, joked with contestants and cast her glowing verdict on a rehearsal of the quick-step — was that of a woman at ease with herself who is enjoying new-found royal favour.

The reason for this heartening approval is that Camilla, 64, has taken the Duchess of Cambridge firmly under her wing. Camilla has claimed the crucial role of making sure Kate that feels ‘at home’ as a royal. Quietly, Camilla is creating a senior role for herself by also proffering matronly advice to Prince Andrew’s daughters Beatrice and Eugenie.

‘Camilla’s exceptional warmth has really touched Catherine,’ says one of Kate’s friends.
.
__________________

__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 11-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alexandria, United States
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
How Kate and Camilla have become best friends sharing beauty tips and royal do's and don'ts | Mail Online

This particularly struck me:


What are they talking about here. I mean really William her husband, why wouldn`t he out of all the other members of the BRF be sensitive and sorta get what Kate must be going through. He knows how much his mother heck even his aunt struggled with adjusting with royal life that`s why I find that sentence weird.
I think what DM was trying to say is that while the guys would know it's tough to join BRF smoothly, they're not sure HOW to help. Typical of guys (and for the record, I'm a guy, and I know I can use more sensitivity. )!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 11-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
I think what DM was trying to say is that while the guys would know it's tough to join BRF smoothly, they're not sure HOW to help. Typical of guys (and for the record, I'm a guy, and I know I can use more sensitivity. )!
I think that's exactly what they were saying. They're not unfeeling, they just don't know what to do. Makes sense, especially because this life is the only life they know. And they're men.lol

It does appear that Catherine and Camilla get along well, and that's wonderful for everyone.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 11-29-2011, 01:52 PM
sthreats's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: midwest, United States
Posts: 314
I doubt they are BFFs. I think Camilla is acting in a motherly/aunt role to younger family members. She's there to turn to for advice just like she had to turn to the Queen for advice.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 6,961
It's nice to see that Camila and Catherine get along. They don't have to be best friends, but it would be awfully awkward if they didn't have at least civil relationship. I think Camila can be a great help to Catherine, because she too came in as an outsider (and not a popular one at that). I remember reading somewhere that Sophie, Countess of Wessex was another person that could help Catherine adjust, so between these two women, the Duchess of Cambridge is in good hands.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 11-29-2011, 06:14 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
I think what DM was trying to say is that while the guys would know it's tough to join BRF smoothly, they're not sure HOW to help. Typical of guys (and for the record, I'm a guy, and I know I can use more sensitivity. )!
That makes more sense! I wish they would have written it like that instead of the way they did
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 11-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,549
It is nice that Camilla is lending a helping hand to Catherine, and it was lovely to see them getting along so well at the Remembrance service, but I do agree that she is likely playing the role of "welcoming mother-in-law". This is great though as the 4 of them, along with Harry and his future spouse, will be the future of the Monarchy so they need to get along. The DM does not mention that apparently Sophie has been of great assistance to Catherine, which I also think is in the role of "welcoming mother-in-law/aunt-in-law", however I can see Sophie and Catherine getting on more than Camilla and Catherine. Sophie is slightly younger, is from a middle class background/commoner and married a Prince. I am not saying Camilla is none of the aforementioned, but she obviously had a very different time of joining the family, whereas Sophie was in a similar position to Catherine, therefore she can provide assistance to her, which I believe she did do, hence why Louise was a bridesmaid. (That and perhaps because they needed another young girl to join Margarita and a family member/cousin fit the bill perfectly!)
__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 11-29-2011, 07:47 PM
nascarlucy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida Area, United States
Posts: 1,331
Glad to hear that they are going along which is good.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 11-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 6,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
It is nice that Camilla is lending a helping hand to Catherine, and it was lovely to see them getting along so well at the Remembrance service, but I do agree that she is likely playing the role of "welcoming mother-in-law". This is great though as the 4 of them, along with Harry and his future spouse, will be the future of the Monarchy so they need to get along. The DM does not mention that apparently Sophie has been of great assistance to Catherine, which I also think is in the role of "welcoming mother-in-law/aunt-in-law", however I can see Sophie and Catherine getting on more than Camilla and Catherine. Sophie is slightly younger, is from a middle class background/commoner and married a Prince. I am not saying Camilla is none of the aforementioned, but she obviously had a very different time of joining the family, whereas Sophie was in a similar position to Catherine, therefore she can provide assistance to her, which I believe she did do, hence why Louise was a bridesmaid. (That and perhaps because they needed another young girl to join Margarita and a family member/cousin fit the bill perfectly!)
I was thinking along the same lines, but then wondered if perhaps Camila and Catherine may be closer (or have more chances to communicate), because William has a closer relationship with his father than with his uncle. Of course one may have nothing to do with the other, but it's just a thought. Now, I'm going to stop going off-topic here.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 11-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Somewhere, out there, United States
Posts: 47
I must admit that Camilla is growing on me. I didn't care for her due to the whole infidelity business (don't want to rehash, there's enough blame to be thrown around to stick to everyone's walls!) but I do believe that she and Charles are 'soul mates'. I'm sure she & Charles are finally happy and that she has found her role in 'The Firm'. I'm sure Catherine appreciates the support.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 12-02-2011, 03:11 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 3,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
It is nice that Camilla is lending a helping hand to Catherine, and it was lovely to see them getting along so well at the Remembrance service, but I do agree that she is likely playing the role of "welcoming mother-in-law". This is great though as the 4 of them, along with Harry and his future spouse, will be the future of the Monarchy so they need to get along. The DM does not mention that apparently Sophie has been of great assistance to Catherine, which I also think is in the role of "welcoming mother-in-law/aunt-in-law", however I can see Sophie and Catherine getting on more than Camilla and Catherine. Sophie is slightly younger, is from a middle class background/commoner and married a Prince. I am not saying Camilla is none of the aforementioned, but she obviously had a very different time of joining the family, whereas Sophie was in a similar position to Catherine, therefore she can provide assistance to her, which I believe she did do, hence why Louise was a bridesmaid. (That and perhaps because they needed another young girl to join Margarita and a family member/cousin fit the bill perfectly!)
As you say, the DM does not mention Sophie and her relationship with Catherine. That is probably because they know nothing and can only speculate on the few occasions that they have been in the same photo shot. Now the relationship with Camilla is easier to speculate on as they have been photographed, both formally and informally, together.

Camilla has more pertinent information to share with Catherine as they both share a similar and more dramatic destiny. Camilla can share her more recent experience of joining the BRF as the wife of the heir which, in due time, Catherine will also become. Added to that, Camilla has a steady head on her shoulders and has managed to weather some pretty heavy adverse publicity. Catherine will be able to get a realistic "read" of the vicissitudes of media publicity from Camilla, as well as the inside track of the "peculiarities" of the BRF.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 12-07-2011, 09:10 AM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,624
Kate was wearing the bracelet she received from Camilla at the Gary Barlow concert again last night. Given how often she wears this particular piece I think we can assume that their relationship is quite close.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 01-18-2012, 07:26 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 1729 Noneofyourbusiness Drive, United States
Posts: 2,292
Ok just to re-ignite this thread, has anyone heard or read that The Queen has always "liked" Camilla as a person despite the marraige fiasco? I believe I read in The Queen*Di that The Queen appreciated Camilla's discretion and loyalty.
__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 01-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,371
Yes - I have always been under the impression that the Queen liked Camilla. They both have a common love of horses to start with and a joint love of the Queen's first born child.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 01-18-2012, 11:41 PM
VictoriaStyles's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Victorville, United States
Posts: 24
Interesting idea that Her Majesty would have had to separate her personal feelings for Camilla from what she felt was best for the country when Charles was young and never married. I can honestly see it happening because the Queen's sense of duty and what is best for her country is so strong. I would like to hear more if anyone else has heard anything one way or the other.
__________________
Love and blessings, Vicki
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 01-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Flanders, United States
Posts: 1
I like the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm not sure it's the right thread to post this, but it's no more a "BRF current event" so...
Anyway it shows some kind of relation btw the Queen and her daughter in law:

Camilla kissed the Queen on both cheeks before the little curtsy.

Seemed to imply true affection, at least, to me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 01-24-2012, 09:45 AM
cinrit's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Deep South, United States
Posts: 376
They look very much at ease with each other.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 01-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,609
Thank you for posting that video, Nico. I enjoyed it. HM & HRH seem to have an easy relationship. It was great to see Camilla on her own, too. She seems to be very friendly and easygoing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 06-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 751
According to the Daily Mail article below, the relationship among Camilla and Anne, Andrew, and Edward is "frosty." Is that true? I thought that they had warmed up to her. My understanding is that although Andrew and Edward got along with Princess Diana, they were not really close. I've always heard that Anne didn't really like Diana much and she, herself divorced her husband to marry her lover, but I would have thought she and Camilla had a lot in common. Maybe there is more to it.
Diamond Jubilee 2012: Once she was a pariah, now Camilla is at the heart of the Royal Family | Mail Online
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 06-06-2012, 03:49 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
According to the Daily Mail article below, the relationship among Camilla and Anne, Andrew, and Edward is "frosty." Is that true?
We can only guess at an answer to that question, because nobody except the royal family will know the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
she, herself divorced her husband to marry her lover, but I would have thought she and Camilla had a lot in common.
I do find that theory amusing however, Anne married her 'lover' so she must like Camilla who did the same.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
british royal family, camilla, duchess of cornwall, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Families of Italy Jewellery Josefine Royal Jewels 148 07-19-2014 12:49 PM
Duchess of Cornwall Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005 - December 2009 A.C.C. Archives 399 12-25-2009 12:30 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince joachim prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit sweden wedding william winter olympics 2014


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]