The Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What he is saying isn't political. Frankly, I am not sure how any civilized person could disagree with him. The British government, regardless of party, is on record as opposing what is happening to Christians in parts of the Middle East. This is similar to the outrage shown when Muslims were under attack in the Balkans. Members of the Labour Party and the Tories both strongly oppose terrorism and persecution based on their religion.

I wasn't specifically referring to this sppech but in general...

Three cheers for Charles! :clap: I admire him for saying it. I don't see how any civilized person could disagree with him. And, to quote philosopher John Stuart Mill: "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." Charles is doing something.

Charles has spoken out on issues that have been controversial, including architecture and the environment. Those issues aren't necessarily political, although they can be. At the same time, the royal family has spoken out on issues, such as homelessness, job training, and poverty, which can also be considered political. Princess Diana was involved in the campaign to ban landmine and efforts to increase foreign aid.

I don't see the problem, as long as the royal family don't endorse a candidate or party.

Charles has spoken out on issues that have been controversial, including architecture and the environment. Those issues aren't necessarily political, although they can be. At the same time, the royal family has spoken out on issues, such as homelessness, job training, and poverty, which can also be considered political. Princess Diana was involved in the campaign to ban landmine and efforts to increase foreign aid.

I don't see the problem, as long as the royal family don't endorse a candidate or party.

I think a lot of this dates back to when Charles, after leaving the Navy, had to carve a role for himself as The Prince of Wales. Bit by bit, he built up his role as one that would make a difference in people's lives and strive to address issues that affect not only the UK, but all humanity as a whole. In this respect, I think he is setting the example for William to carry on for him once he becomes monarch.

I think that one of the most important and prevailing reasons why the monarch remains impartial and abstains from speaking out on causes or issues is because as monarch, she embodies the whole of the UK and the Commonwealth and all of its people and can never give even a glimmer of backing some issue because it would be like saying the UK and the Commonwealth as a whole stands behind it. In most issues such as homelessness, land mines, organic farming or saving the whales and whatever else, there are so many different people with many different ideas on how to approach it, solve it and/or ignore it. Charles realizes this and IMO, he's training William well to follow in his footsteps.

If anyone thinks Charles will suddenly shut his mouth once he's called to the "Top Job" is just wrong, IMO. The man cares and I think it's a quality he will take with him to the throne.

I don't think it is so much a matter of whether he is allowed to voice his opinion on the issues and subjects that he does. So far as I know, he may get grumbling criticism in the press, disagreement from some quarters or mumblings in the government, but he has never been gagged or officially prevented from voicing his opinion on any subject. He makes a remark, some people say he shouldn't, he never retracts the remark and he makes more remarks at a later date!

For me, personally, I appreciate someone in high authority taking a stand on issues that in reality most of the public will feel the same way about. It is certainly preferable than the cautious and more self-serving remarks we get from our elected representatives!

I agree with those of you who said Charles has the right to voice his opinion... I also prefer monarchs/public people who have the gut to stand on a side rather than to be dull...

The Prince of Wales is a busy man and likelier to become much busier, it seems. Perhaps William could give him a hand? After all, he will be actually living on the Sandringham estate.

The Prince of Wales will make a fine job of the management of Sandringham.

Oh dear, this is typical of service providers here in the UK. They're quick to demand money but so slow at everything else including refunds, rectifying mistakes etc. Not just a mix-up in this case but neither parties should have received the letter in the first place!

I think it's funny that British Gas is trying to get in touch with the pub owner, when obviously, the media already has!

It's good to know that US companies aren't the only ones who send out ridiculous mail!

:lol:

According to the Court Circular, Prince Charles (as Duke of Rothesay) received John Swinney MSP (Deputy First Minister, Scottish Parliament), yesterday.

What has Charles been doing lately ? Haven't seen any photos etc no church visits either. Have I missed any work

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

What has Charles been doing lately ? Haven't seen any photos etc no church visits either. Have I missed any work

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

He has been in Scotland. He is at Birkhall; has had 3 mtgs with Scottish ministers and held 2 events at Dumfries house yesterday -

from the CC 18th January

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay this afternoon gave a Reception at Dumfries House, Cumnock, Ayrshire, for representatives from the engineering industry.

His Royal Highness, President, the Great Steward of Scotland’s Dumfries House Trust, this evening held a Dinner at Dumfries House.

Video:
Prince Charles teamed up with boxing champion Amir Khan in Sunderland today, to support the ‘Step Up To Serve’ campaign – a new initiative backed by the Prince, to encourage young people to get more involved in helping others. Speaking after the event, Khan said sport helped give him confidence and stay off the streets-

Home - ITNSource News

I don't know why, but this cracks me up! Can always count on Charles for a laugh...

Video:
The Prince of Wales has been shown groundbreaking medical technology used to train NHS doctors and nurses and treat patients - including a pop-up inflatable operating theatre.The heir to the throne watched the demonstration at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington central London - where Prince George was born. .

Home - ITNSource News

I don't know why, but this cracks me up! Can always count on Charles for a laugh...

Charles certainly enjoys his official engagements doesn't he! He makes stressed out, busy staff more relaxed and at ease - this was an interesting visit too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom