The Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Charles puts his money where his mouth is to preserve another historic structure:
Prince Charles makes 'substantial' donation to save medieval church - Telegraph

The church, Bothwell Parish Church in Lanarkshire, is seeking £2 million for restoration work to the building's walls after they began to bulge under the weight of its 14th century stone roofing slabs.It is thought to be the second time Prince Charles, who will become head of the Church of England when he ascends the throne, has made a donation to the parish, after a sum was donated in the 1970s.The church has so far raised £1.3 million for the restoration project, with £700,000 raised by the congregation. The exact amount donated by Prince Charles has not been released. .

Last edited by a moderator:
One of Prince Charles's paintings will be exhibited at an art show. I think he is very brave to show his work publicly. If people think that the Michael Middleton is receiving too much criticism for his photography, just try showing your work publicly. Art critics can be brutal, and not just to Prince Charles.
Prince Charles painting at centre of Painshill art exhibition - Get Surrey

It is brave to put your personal work forward in the public. Charles isn't a professional artist but I think his work is okay. I'm sure Mr. Middleton knew his pictures wasn't perfect but the purpose of the pictures is what counted and mattered.

Children's stamp design competition

Children's stamp design competition

Today The Royal Mail announced that HRH The Prince of Wales will lead the judging of its Christmas Stamp Design competition.
The Prince will be casting his eye over the final shortlist of 24 designs created by children aged 4- to 11-years-old who have made the final stage of the competition, and will help choose the two winners. The final shortlist comprises of two winners from each of the 12 competition regions. The two overall winners – one each from the 4 to 6 and 7 to 11 age groups - will see their designs feature on this year’s First and Second Class Christmas stamps.

The Prince will be joined by Royal Mail’s Chief Executive Officer, Moya Greene, the author of the Charlie and Lola series, Lauren Child, Royal Mail’s Head of Stamp Design, Marcus James, and Tasveer Shemza, who was just six when she designed one of Royal Mail’s first ever Christmas stamps in 1966.
The judging will take place in the autumn with the two winners announced shortly afterwards.

His Royal Highness, said today: “I am delighted to be helping judge this wonderful competition which gives children from across the United Kingdom the amazing opportunity to share their creativity and have their designs on this year’s Christmas stamps. “It will be a real pleasure to look through some of the ideas submitted and to see the final two winning stamps once they are produced.”

Royal Mail Chief Executive Officer, Moya Greene, added: “We are honoured that HRH The Prince of Wales will lead the judging in our children’s Christmas Stamp Design Competition and will help us decide which two entries will feature on this year’s First and Second Class Christmas stamps.
“We’re delighted how successful our competition has been, capturing the imagination of children across the UK, with over 240,000 entries submitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 1h
Just announced, on Sunday 1st September The Prince of Wales will attend the installation of Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis as Chief Rabbi. #faith

Good to see Charles there and to receive the best wishes on the birth of his grandson.

That is one snazzy and regal head covering! Charles has worn it on several other Jewish related engagements. Very nice.

In the DM version of this story they choose an odd quote from the article. Speaking of his time as a youth in Australia the quote is " I certainly discovered what good value the Australians are."

Said that way here in the US - that could be a too cute putdown of Aussies with more than one meaning. It could also be idiom, or it could be a quote out of context. The full article is not yet online, so I could not check the latter.

Anyway, I thought it an odd thing to say. :ermm:

I really do love seeing the Prince of Wales 'letting loose', and I'm so glad he's doing it more and more lately. This picture is an absolute delight. The man certainly knows how to have a good time.

Charles = comic relief.:lol:

In the DM version of this story they choose an odd quote from the article. Speaking of his time as a youth in Australia the quote is " I certainly discovered what good value the Australians are."

Said that way here in the US - that could be a too cute putdown of Aussies with more than one meaning. It could also be idiom, or it could be a quote out of context. The full article is not yet online, so I could not check the latter.

Anyway, I thought it an odd thing to say. :ermm:

It means exactly what it says - he rates the Australians. US vernacular is irrelevant in this instance.

Last edited:
Charles can tear the dance floor up. He used to whisk Diana across the dance floor on official tours in Australia back in the day. The royals don't dance as they used too but I think it would be great if they hit the dance floor more often.

Too bad they fully carpeted the ballroom at Buckingham Palace because it's a great place to let loose to great music.

Lovely photos! Charles made those people's day. Lovely to see him with kids as well.

I'm seeing so many smiles from this man, and it's making me very glad for him. It just shows that he's happy where he is in life. It reflects in how he interacts with people too. These pictures are great examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom