The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here's a gallery of the visit today:

** gettyimages: GBR: The Prince Of Wales Visits Tottenham **
Thanks for the link to the photo gallery. Below is an article that describes the picture of the POW and the little girl. Very sweet.

Prince Charles get his nose tweaked by toddler - ITV News

Old 02-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Majesty

Video:
The Prince of Wales will visit the 639 Centre on Tottenham High Road where he will meet local young people, including entrepreneurs from the area, members of the Haringey Youth Council, pupils from Gladesmore School and Prince's Trust Young Entrepreneur Gina Moffat who runs a cafe at the 639 centre. After a discussion with the young people, The Prince will view some of the work by the young entrepreneurs. The Prince will then view the Carpetright building across the road-
Home - ITNSource News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Prince of Wales spoke out against the “straitjacket of short-termism” in business yesterday, saying that companies should be able to focus on the long-term view and become more sustainable.
Speaking at the Business in the Community (BITC) leadership summit, the Prince said a long-term approach to environmental issues would protect businesses from the effects of climate change.
The effects of floods on farmland in Somerset were a “classic example of what happens if we pay little attention to the accumulating impact of climate change on the larger picture”, he said.
Prince attacks floods ‘short-termism’ - Telegraph
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 02-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Prince of Wales attended an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace on February 7, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 02-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales received David Johnson, the Governor General of Canada, and his wife for a private meeting at Clarence House on February 10, 2014.

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 02-11-2014, 07:44 AM
Majesty

The Prince of Wales will undertake official visits to Saudi Arabia and Qatar from Monday 17 to Thursday 20 Feb, Clarence House says.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Prince of Wales will undertake official visits to Saudi Arabia and Qatar from Monday 17 to Thursday 20 Feb, Clarence House says.
A bit surprising. Charles and Camilla visited both Qatar and Saudi last year. And Camilla is not travelling with Charles this time?
Old 02-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Majesty

No, this is a solo official visit-

The Prince of Wales to visit Saudi Arabia and Qatar: Press Release-
Press release

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-13-2014, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, February 12, the Prince of Wales attended a parade and presented Operational Service Medals (Afghanistan) to 847 Naval Air Squadron and afterwards hosted a reception for the members and their families.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** facetoface **
Old 02-14-2014, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales held bilateral talks with the President of Tanzania, the President of Chad, the President of Botswana, the Foreign Minister of Canada and Helen Clark, Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme, at St James Palace on Febuary 13:

** belga gallery **
Old 02-28-2014, 05:47 PM
Majesty

Video:
The Prince of Wales visited Merthyr Tydfil's Grade II listed Old Town Hall - which reopens on St David's Day as creative industries hub Redhouse. He toured the landmark building to view many of the original heritage features, as well as seeing new and modern facilities such as the Dowlais Theatre and the Y Gurnos Dance Studio-
Home - ITNSource News

Pictures:
The Prince of Wales, Colonel-in-Chief, will visit C Squadron, 1st Queen's Dragoon Guards meets troops who are training for future operations at Castlemartin Range Complex, South Pembrokeshire, Wales-
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/KRtah...nt/4vpaqGsEhPq

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 03-03-2014, 05:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The Prince of Wales will celebrate the restoration of the Old Town Hall in Merthyr Tydfilof
face to face
Old 03-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Courtier

The Prince of Wales visited Llanelli

His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales visits Llanelly House | Llanelli Star

http://www.llanellistar.co.uk/Young-...ail/story.html
Old 03-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Majesty

Video:
The Attorney General's use of a ministerial veto to stop the public seeing letters the Prince of Wales wrote to government ministers has been ruled unlawful. Guardian journalist Rob Evans accused Dominic Grieve, the Government's principal legal adviser, of failing to show "reasonable grounds" for blocking disclosure. Today ITN spoke to Editor of The Guardian newspaper Alan Rusbridger, Graham Smith, Pro-republic Campaigner and Conservative MPJacob Rees-Moggs. .

Home - ITNSource News

Prince Charles's letters to Government ministers could be made public after 'unlawful' veto to block them is overturned-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rs-public.html

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 03-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Courtier

I was always taught that letters not addressed to me I should not read.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Majesty

Video:
Block on Prince Charles's letters 'unlawful'-
BBC News - Block on Prince Charles's letters 'unlawful'

Audio:
Charles letters will 'clarify role of monarchy' - The Guardian-
BBC News - Charles letters will 'clarify role of monarchy' - The Guardian

Attorney general's block on Prince Charles's letters ruled unlawful-
BBC News - Attorney general's block on Prince Charles's letters ruled unlawful

I may be alone in this, I would actually like to hear and read about Charles's real thoughts and feelings on certain issues.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 03-13-2014, 02:15 AM
Majesty

I don't agree as he is the future monarch and his views should be kept private just as The Queen's views are private. Once his views are made public his position as future King is effectively compromised as his views will be in the public domain so when they differ from the government's how can he then support the government of the day.

He wrote these letters believing he was free to express his views and that they wouldn't be made public in his lifetime and that should still be the case.

I also fear that it could see him forced to stand down as the next king and possibly even end the monarchy - which after all is the aim of The Guardian.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

I support Rusbridger on this, and the republican spokesman, Graham Smith. Charles is entitled to his own private views, but he should either keep them to himself or tell the world, not try to use his position to try to influence the government in secret correspondence. If people have complaints and want politicians to do something, they should tell their local member or opposition representative or a professional lobbyist, not Prince Charles.

It seems that the 2010 changes to the Freedom of Information Act now protect the RF and give them "complete freedom to lobby the government in secret and on whatever issue they choose", which I think is appalling, but the letters in question were written long before then and should be made available.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:13 AM
Majesty

The monarch and heir to the throne have written lots of letters to the monarch under the clear understanding that their views weren't going to be made public while they were alive. This has been the tradition going back centuries.

Charles was writing letters under this understanding - that they wouldn't be made public - but now letters written with the understanding that they wouldn't be made public during his lifetime are possibly going to be published.

Effectively this means that Charles will in all likelihood have to step aside as the future monarch as no matter what is in the letters it expresses his views on any number of issues and the views of the monarch are supposed to be private.

Charles simply can't be King with his views in the public domain. As soon as any of these letters are made public his position is compromised and that means that no government can have confidence in him.

Constitutionally he has had the right to express his views to the ministers with the clear understanding that there were to be kept private and now the ball posts have changed.

Had the expectation been, when Charles wrote the letters, that they would be made public at some time in his lifetime then I am sure that he would have written different letters.

I also feel that there is some different interpretation in law taking place here - when Hewitt tried to sell Diana's letters the courts ruled that he could sell the letters but that Diana still owned the copyright to the words on the paper as she wrote them. Why is this different for Charles - if the writer has to approve the publication of letters as they wrote them then that should apply to all writers, especially when that person wrote the letters in the expectation that they wouldn't be published while that person was alive.

Seems to be retrospective legislation going on - one rule applied when the letters were written but not the rule has been changed retrospectively and that is never right in my opinion.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:16 AM
Royal Highness

Hmm, this is all abit Catch 22 for me - at the moment I have confidence in Charles and his opinions more so than my elected representatives. However, are the letters controvertial? Do they depict a despotic state of mind or someone with dangerous political ideaology? Are they simply rambling words of nonsense? Do they compromise the security of the country? Is there anything contained in the letters that would show Charles to be unsuitable or un-fit for the role of monarch?
Most likely I would imagine they ask for eco-friendly houses to be built or some other benign suggestion.
Nonetheless, this whole affair has the potential to cast doubt to one degree or another - I'd rather not know what is contained in the letters and I wish I didn't know they existed, but they do exist and we are being tantalised by that knowledge.