The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The headline and the content don't actually match. The PoW was a consultee (I've been one of those and I'm nobody!) and he was asked about it at the 3rd reading stage, ie it's a done deal.

The journalists thathave moved from the Daily Mail to the Telegraph are making this newspaper more lining for parrot cages.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Majesty

The Duke of Cornwall is always consulted about laws that affect the Duchy of Cornwall - and that is all that is happening here although some of the connections could be a bit obscure.

Nothing 'secret' as the Dukes of Cornwall have had this right for centuries.

The Duke of Lancaster has the same right. Neither have vetoed the laws for yonks and would only do so on the advice of the ministers.

The FOI simply indicates which bills have had to be passed through the hands of the DoC for approval, even though that is now a formality and nothing to do with interferring.

Charles regularly meets with ministers - as a matter of public record (4 such meetings have been recorded in the CC so far this year) and like other Princes of Wales before him lets the ministers know his views as well as acts as a go-between between citizens and the government.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

What kind of "secret" is it when it's published in Hansard every time it happens? For example:

"Order for Third Reading read.—[Queen's Consent, on behalf of the Crown, and Prince of Wales's consent, on behalf of the Duchy of Cornwall, signified.]"
Old 02-16-2013, 06:00 AM
Heir Apparent

What is odd is that story is only being taken up by the Telegraph and is being pushed by a labour MP. Strange bedfellows.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Prince of Wales has visited the Great Ormond Street Hospital in London today, February 21, 2013:

** itv.com: Prince visits Great Ormond Street **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Prince Charles Visits Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital **

** blog.gosh.org: The Prince of Wales visits Great Ormond Street Hospital to meet patients and staff **

** hellomagazine: Prince Charles visits brave youngsters on Great Ormond Street's Lion Ward **
Old 02-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Beyond precious!! I am now melted into a big puddle of goo on the floor-if that does'nt melt your heart then?.....
Charles seemed to have a real knack with the kids- he looked for all the world like a loving granddad.....
W&K child is going to be lucky! Very lucky......
Old 02-22-2013, 03:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Beyond precious!! I am now melted into a big puddle of goo on the floor-if that does'nt melt your heart then?.....
Charles seemed to have a real knack with the kids- he looked for all the world like a loving granddad.....
W&K child is going to be lucky! Very lucky......
Yep, yep. Charles does indeed have a knack for interacting with children. You can see that he's having a great time, and is trying to make sure that each child has his undivided attention. I love the pictures of His Highness with a little boy that is wearing the orange crown. The smile on the prince's face is just so infectious and genuine.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales during an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace on February 20:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Prince of Wales during an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace on February 20:
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Thank you for keeping us up to date with links to photographs and other items, iceflower.

In case anyone else is interested to know more about the gentleman receiving a knighthood in the first pic, it is Sir Quentin Blake, illustrator. He has had a busy life: Quentin Blake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 02-22-2013, 04:26 AM
Majesty

For the information of anyone who is interested when Charles or Anne carries out an Investiture it is listed in the CC as 'HRH The Prince of Wales/HRH The Princess Royal carried out in investiture on behalf of HM The Queen'. It is also listed under BP and The Queen and Philip's set of engagements rather than under either CH or BP for Anne.

So far this year there have been five investitures and Charles has done 4 of them. There have been individual ones done by The Queen but they are usually described as 'HM The Queen received xxxxx and invested him/her with the insignia of yyyy' so I only record that as a 'received' and not for both actions.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Thank you for keeping us up to date with links to photographs and other items, iceflower.

In case anyone else is interested to know more about the gentleman receiving a knighthood in the first pic, it is Sir Quentin Blake, illustrator. He has had a busy life: Quentin Blake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Big thanks for both, Roslyn!

Today, February 22, Charles officially opened Uley Community Stores and Post Office in Uley and visited the Shirt Manufacturing Division of Turnbull & Asser, Quedgeley in Gloucester.

** thisisgloucestershire.co.uk Prince Charles opens Uley community shop **

** gettyimages: GBR: The Prince Of Wales Opens Uley Community Stores And Post Office **

** zimbio/bauer griffin gallery: Prince Of Wales Opens Uley Stores **
Old 02-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Prince Charles plays granddad
Old 02-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post

Sir Quentin Blake will always be the man who brought Roald Dahl's wonderful stories to life for me when I was a child. His knighthood is well-deserved.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles visits favoured tailor - Telegraph
Old 02-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Apparently, he did quite a good job there too.

Prince Charles stitches up 7 out of 10 score in first tailoring attempt
Quote:
Prince Charles, who visited the Shirtmaker Turnbull and Asser' manufacturing plant at Gloucestershire, had a go at sewing a seam. Kath Cope, who has been working in the company with his twin sister Bette Elton since 1960's, showed him around and told the Daily Express that the 64-year-old royal did pretty well for his first attempt and she would give him seven out of 10.

Paintings by Prince Charles among collectors' sale at Missoula gallery

Quote:
Dubbed by one follower as the best amateur artist in Gloucestershire, the heir to the English throne has a passion for painting. It’s a royal trait once shared by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, along with the Duke of Edinburgh. Three watercolor paintings rendered by Charles now hang in the Dana Gallery in Missoula. The paintings depict noble English castles and their manicured gardens – a world far from western Montana both in geography and thought.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Majesty

I don't just talk to my plants, I instruct them, says Prince Charles as he edits 25th anniversary edition of Countryfile:
Prince Charles has revealed he now 'instructs' his plants | Mail Online

Countryfile: March 10th 2013-
BBC One - Countryfile, A Royal Appointment
Old 03-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Majesty

Old 03-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is an extract of the Countryfile programme going out this Sunday.

Video: The Prince of Wales appears on Countryfile - Telegraph

Old 03-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't just talk to my plants, I instruct them, says Prince Charles as he edits 25th anniversary edition of Countryfile:
Prince Charles has revealed he now 'instructs' his plants | Mail Online

Countryfile: March 10th 2013-
BBC One - Countryfile, A Royal Appointment
This, from the DM article really made me laugh. Eegits! "It's unknown if Prince Charles talks to his plants in the same tone as he would to a human"

Old 03-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Majesty

I really like seeing videos of Charles expressing his various interests. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this show.

Tags
charles, prince of wales