The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see him supporting the troops!

Here are some more pics of his visit:

Prince Charles arrived in Afghanistan on a surprise visit on March 24,
and met with British soldiers serving in the southern Helmand Province.

** belga gallery **

A welcome morale booster from the Prince there. Very appreciated by the troops as well. Plus, unlike some politicians, a visitor that can talk to them on the level of someone who has worn the Uniform as well.

True, a visit from the PoW would definately have been a morale booster.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found our politicians tend to use our men and women in service for more photography sessions instead of actually helping them. This is why I like that the BRF has actual regiments assigned to them that they get to know and help.
You're very correct RJ: It IS a moral booster. :flowers:

Charles had a busy week after his Eastern Europe trip!

It is wonderful that he went to see the troops. :flowers:
But Prince Phillip has visited the front line, wouldn't that make him the senior royal? Or doesn't he count?

Prince Philip visited Iraq, not Afghanistan.

Prince Philip visited Iraq, not Afghanistan.

but all articles mention Afghanistan.
After his visit to Afghan or Iraq, Prince Charles made a short visit to Saudi Arabia where he met with Saudi's King Abdullah

Source

An article said that Prince Charles was the most senior royal to visit Afghanistan. Lumutqueen asked about Prince Philip's visit, but he went to Iraq, not Afghanistan.

After his visit to Afghan or Iraq, Prince Charles made a short visit to Saudi Arabia where he met with Saudi's King Abdullah

Source

Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud meeting with Britain's Prince
Charles of Wales at his ranch in Al-Janadriyah, Outskirt of Riyadh, Saudi
Arabia, 26 March 2010. During the meeting, a number of issues of common
interest to both fraternal countries were discussed.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Charles' frustration over Afghanistan trip revealed in leaked Whitehall memo - Telegraph

A frank, high-level memo which lays bare the "frustration" felt over the Prince of Wales's trip to Afghanistan has been leaked in Whitehall, causing embarrassment to senior figures in the Foreign Office.

Written in florid, diplomatic prose by Sir Sherard Cowper-Coles, Britain's special representative to Afghanistan, the email criticises the "all too credible incompetence" by Afghan officials which saw Hamid Karzai, the country's president, absent for the entirety of Prince Charles's two-day visit.

Prince Charles is in Cumbria today, March 31, he visits the James
Walker Factory, the Wordsworth House Museum, Cockermouth
and Ambleside.

The Prince of Wales prepares to board a boat on Lake Windermere,
Ambleside, Cumbria, during a visit to the area.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

fullstory

Britain's Prince Charles will attend the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games to be held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here.

I had hoped that the Queen would attend, but this is wonderful for Charles. :flowers:

The Prince of Wales leaves Craithie Kirk in Balleter,
Scotland, after attending a Sunday Service, April 11, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Charles signs the book of condolence for the Polish President
Lech Kaczynski, at the Polish Social and Cultural Association, in London,
April 21, 2010.

Prince Charles was unable to attend the state funeral of the Polish President
on April 18 as all UK flights were grounded due to ash from Iceland's volcano
covering most of Europe. The photos in the background are of Polish President
Lech Kaczynski, right, and former President of Poland Ryszard Kaczorowski.

--------> Pic

Hardly a Prince of Maths!:The 1963 exercise book that reveals Charles¿s struggle with the subject ...but how would today¿s GCSE pupils compare? | Mail Online

The words and numbers are neatly written in fountain pen, the diagrams painstakingly drawn with ruler and pencil.

But the answers in this 1963 mathematics book suggest that while this schoolboy may have been conscientious, he was no budding Einstein.

What I, as a teacher, found interesting was the idea that today that standard would get an A at GCSE level but when he did his O levels a year or so later he failed it. And they tell us standards haven't dropped!!!

Sydney Sunday Telegraph - 25 April 2010

Royal visit [to Australia] next year

"Prince Charles is likely to fly to Australia next year for the 2011 Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting. He will attend with the Queen, or act in her place at the high-level talks. More than 50 world leaders and their partners will be in Perth for the 10-day event.

A Department of Foreign Affairs spokesman yesterday said talks had begun with Buckingham Palace about arrangements...On previous occasions [the CHOGM visit] has included a wider visit to other locations in the host nation or the region."

Prince Charles attended the Lord Mayor's Big Curry Lunch, where he
met soldiers and supporters of ABF The Soldiers' Charity along with
soldiers and families who have been helped by the organisation at
the Guildhall on April 29, 2010 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

In Pic 1, Charles does not appear to be eyeing that curry very enthusiatically.....

Sydney Sunday Telegraph - 25 April 2010

Royal visit [to Australia] next year

"Prince Charles is likely to fly to Australia next year for the 2011 Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting. He will attend with the Queen, or act in her place at the high-level talks. More than 50 world leaders and their partners will be in Perth for the 10-day event.
Well this is a bit of a milestone for Charles. Good on him!

Well this is a bit of a milestone for Charles. Good on him!

Why do you say it is a milestone? To me a milestone is when something is done for the first time or a particularly stage/age in life is reached and I don't see that here.

He has attended before with the Queen. He has been to Australia before both with his parents and alone.

It was the 'Act in her place at high level talks' with 50 world leaders I believe Opal was refering to. Not just visit as her secondary person while QEII conducts meeting with equal Heads of State.

It was the 'Act in her place at high level talks' with 50 world leaders I believe Opal was refering to. Not just visit as her secondary person while QEII conducts meeting with equal Heads of State.

I would be surprised if Charles was to 'Act in her place at high level talks'. HM will no doubt be assisted by Charles, but I would be surprised if Charles was to act on her behalf.

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales attends a medal ceremony and
reception for sailors and their families of 857 Naval Air Squadron
for operational services in Afghanistan at Clarence House on April
30, 2010 in London, England.

I wonder what he was doing with his feet ;) The lady in green seems
to react to it.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom