The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles has apparently made a significant donation to the Tasmanian Bushfires Appeal

Prince Charles donates to Tasmania bushfire appeal - World News | TVNZ

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Prince Charles has apparently made a significant donation to the Tasmanian Bushfires Appeal

Prince Charles donates to Tasmania bushfire appeal - World News | TVNZ
A great man doing great deeds.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
A great man doing great deeds.
Yes, indeed.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Royal Highness

I too think Charles has made more significant contributions to the world than most other royals.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Nobility

I mean think about it. Losing your mother is huge right of passage in everyone's lives, add that job on top of it.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Today, January 21, the Prince of Wales visited the recently restored Florence Institute for Boys and the Jaguar Land Rover plant in Merseyside. He visited Harrison Advanced Rods in Liverpool and ATG Access in Lancashire.

** itv.com: Prince of Wales visits our region **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince Of Wales Visits The North West - Day One **

** liverpoolecho.co.uk: Prince Charles visits snowy Liverpool. Pics Trinity Mirror photographers **
Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales today, January 22, visited Middleport Pottery in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire and the headquarters of Crockett & Jones in Northampton.

** itv.com: Prince Charles Visits Midlands **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince Of Wales Visits The Midlands **

** thisisstaffordshire.co.uk: Prince Charles visits Middleport Pottery: 'There's a lot in Stoke-on-Trent to be proud of' **
Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Serene Highness

"Charlie, come over here for a pint"

Prince Charles: Wellington Vaults in Liverpool is the pub serving pints for a royal | Mail Online
Old 01-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

What a nice story for a change. Bet that made the day of everyone in the pub.
One of the reasons I like Prince Charles so much - he is a good sport.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

We mentioned on a variety of threads, most notably in recent days the Beatrice and Eugenie trip, about Prince Charles wanting a slim line monarchy. And I've asked where is the evidence.

I found the following today on the Royal Reporter Twitter account of Richard Palmer of the Express.

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
@jennyg2k The idea of Charles wanting a slimmer monarchy seems based on a 1990s briefing by one spin doctor trying to big him up at the time

2:18 AM - 22 Jan 13 · Details

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter@jennyg2k It may be true Charles wants a slimmed down monarchy but I know of nobody inside the Royal Household who is briefing that.

The evidence is rather thin IMO

Not sure if this is the right thread - mods please move if necessary.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales has received Vietnamese General Secretary of the Communist Party Nguyen Phu Trong at Clarence House today, January 23, 2013. Trong arrived in London on January 22 for a two-day visit that marked 40 years of diplomatic relations between the UK and Vietnam.

** Pic **
Old 01-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales has visited the Surrey County Cricket Club, where he inspected the work to the new frontage of the pavilion and met the craftsmen and builders working on the £2 million project in Kennington, London, today, January 24, 2013.

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Prince Charles Visits Kennington **

** kiaoval.com article and video: Prince Charles Visits the Kia Oval **
Old 01-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Serene Highness

A more and more relaxed prince :

Prince Charles hangs with the kids during visit to South London | Mail Online
Old 01-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles is keeping an eye on the construction work given he is the owner of the famous Oval Cricket Ground, or rather, the Duchy of Cornwall is.

He certainly seemed to enjoy himself. I'm sure he had a good night's sleep last night when a certain young man stepped back on British soil for the first time in over 5 months.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
These are my favorite tour pics of the POW in a while. He seems to have the most fun when he is learning things. He seemed to do that with these young people - and they were looking at him with learning too! Lovely. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here is new news - a taste test of Duchy Origianls products - and I think the Daily Mail did a far better job than the usual hatchet piece: Charles' scones and Stilton cost a King's ransom - so are they really worth it? We put them to the taste test | Mail Online
Old 01-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I love seeing His Highness let a bit loose. Would have loved to see him strike a 'street pose' too. He seems to take genuine interest in everything that he does.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Here is new news - a taste test of Duchy Origianls products - and I think the Daily Mail did a far better job than the usual hatchet piece: Charles' scones and Stilton cost a King's ransom - so are they really worth it? We put them to the taste test | Mail Online
Oh man, that article made my mouth water. I wish Duchy Originals products were available in America, but I doubt they'd be able to up their distribution that much and maintain the same quality.

I'm so impressed with what Prince Charles pulled off there. So many people thought he was mad to even try, and it's just been an enormously successful venture that's done so much good.

He's a very under appreciated man.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Oh man, that article made my mouth water. I wish Duchy Originals products were available in America, but I doubt they'd be able to up their distribution that much and maintain the same quality.

I'm so impressed with what Prince Charles pulled off there. So many people thought he was mad to even try, and it's just been an enormously successful venture that's done so much good.

He's a very under appreciated man.
Just remember, Charles has people working for him that turn out these products. They deserve the credit for the excellent taste. He deserves the credit for giving them the freedom to excel. He seems a good boss at this end of his business.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales attended an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, January 25, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Tags
charles, prince of wales