The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Prince of Wales warns minister of 'Frankenstein food’ fears
Quote:
When the Queen became the first monarch to attend the Cabinet in more than two centuries, she spoke only twice: to wish everyone a happy Christmas and to suggest, humorously, that the next Queen’s Speech should be on the shorter side. When the Prince of Wales met a Cabinet minister last week, he was, however, not prepared to avoid controversy. Mandrake hears that the heir to the throne raised his concerns about the Government’s changing policy on genetically modified crops during a private meeting with Owen Paterson, the Environment Secretary, at Clarence House, his London residence. “His Royal Highness wanted to find out more about the Government’s thinking on GM,” one of Prince Charles’s friend tells me. “He has very strong views on the issue.”
I'm all with the Prince on this; the long-term effects of GM foods need to be more carefully studied. Not to mention, the actual GM process itself may be hazardous. And perhaps most important, all GM products should be clearly marked as such.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Of Wales's Christmas message for the armed forces serving overseas :

Prince Charles pays tributes to soldiers in special festive message to servicemen and women serving abroad | Mail Online

Old 12-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful broadcast. H is obviously sincere in his respect and concern for all members of the forces, and his worry for his younger son. I think he spoke for many parents regarding the plea to write more often.

Prince Charles is very special.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

A really thoughtful and nice message from the Prince of Wales. I think he echoed the sentiments of many British families both in regards to gratitude for the work the troops do, and about the state of worry the families of servicemen are constantly in.

I was also pleasantly surprised that the majority of comments (best rated ones anyone) at DM are highly positive for once.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles
(twitter)

There are 363 days until Christmas and people already have their decorations up. Unbelievable.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Prince of Wales rounded up the top dozen of GQ's list of Most Influential Men in Britain.
Prince Charles was the highest-ranking royal (12th), with Prince Harry in Top 20 as well (18th). Prince William was ranked surprisingly low - 3rd.

Boris Johnson named most influential man in Britain beating David Cameron and Prince Charles | Mail Online
http://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/lon...130619011.html
Old 01-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

Boris may be more liked than David Cameron but its impossible that he is more 'influential' than the Prime Minister.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I don't think GQs list is based on political influence; in that respect, Boris can indeed hardly be more influential than Cameron, or Clegg and Miliband for that matter. In the same way, I doubt Wiggins can be considered more influential in the long term than, say, the Duke of Cambridge.

However, there is no doubt (for me, at least) that if we take 2012 alone and base it not just on political but also cultural influence, then the list is pretty accurate. In 2012, Boris' image was significantly better than Cameron's, he is certainly more liked and there were more memorable events connected with him.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Politically, Boris Johnson can be more influential that the PM. Politically he
is more successful, was seen as contributing to the success the Olympic games, works well with the City of London, and is a very engaging character. He is also seen as a potential leader of the UK so he has tremendous influence at present and can promote national agenda or not. David Cameron really wants his support.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Charles warns threatened countryside must be protected 'like an ancient cathedral' | Mail Online
Quote:
The countryside must be protected as if it were an 'ancient' cathedral, Prince Charles said today
He warned rural Britain was threatened like never before by climate change, disease and 'insensitive development'.
In a speech at the Oxford Farming Conference, the Prince of Wales said the Western world had been on a 'consumer's holiday', using up valuable resources and assuming food will always be plentiful as if by magic.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Serene Highness

Why ‘Grandad Charles’ will do more to save the planet

Why
Quote:
The heir to the throne, thrilled that Prince William and Kate are expecting their first child, said: “I’ve gone on for years about the importance of thinking about the long term in relation to the environmental damage, climate change and everything else.”Charles, 64, then told ITV1’s This Morning presenters Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby, in an interview to be shown on Monday: “I don’t want my future grandchild to say, ‘Why didn’t you do something’.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Charles backs drive for more volunteers - News - London24
Quote:
Charles said events like the 2012 Olympics, Paralympics and Diamond Jubilee “bring out the best in people”.
“A lot of people don’t realise how so many of these people keep the whole show on the road,” he said.
“There is something remarkable in this country I think, about the volunteering spirit.”
Old 01-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Majesty

Prince Charles: Being a grandfather highlights need for climate change:
Prince Charles: Being a grandfather highlights need for climate change - Telegraph
Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

Telstra BigPond News and Weather
Quote:
Prince Charles has spoken about how the prospect of becoming a grandfather is spurring his environmental beliefs, saying he does not want to 'hand on an increasingly dysfunctional world'.
Charles, an outspoken campaigner on environmental issues, told Britain's ITV he did not want the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's child, due to be born this year, to ask him why he had not done more to tackle issues such as climate change.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Majesty

Old 01-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is nice: The POW sent a letter and lovely gift to a Welsh Guard serviceman returning from Afghanistan.

https://twitter.com/harris79

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAQOXuLCEAIpN9N.jpg

The pic shows the the bottle of Highgrove Scotch Whiskey sent by the Prince. My screen resolution is not good enough to read the type in the letter. Maybe someone on the forums can make it out. Hope there are no state secrets or Guardsman Harris will regret the tweet (kidding).
Old 01-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Majesty

I can't make out the letter but I think that's very thoughtful of The Prince of Wales to do that.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I can't make out the letter but I think that's very thoughtful of The Prince of Wales to do that.
Thoughtful - that's spectacular! Laphroig distills and ages it for the POW. http://www.highgroveshop.com/food-al...ky/c-alc00009/
Old 01-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
This is nice: The POW sent a letter and lovely gift to a Welsh Guard serviceman returning from Afghanistan.

https://twitter.com/harris79

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAQOXuLCEAIpN9N.jpg

The pic shows the the bottle of Highgrove Scotch Whiskey sent by the Prince. My screen resolution is not good enough to read the type in the letter. Maybe someone on the forums can make it out. Hope there are no state secrets or Guardsman Harris will regret the tweet (kidding).
What a thoughtful and kind gesture. His Highness certainly knows how to make others feel appreciated and needed.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread

Tags
charles, prince of wales