The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Majesty

Paddy Harverson, who oversaw media operations for Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding, will step down in spring:
Prince Charles's PR chief to launch consultancy with Google executive | Media | guardian.co.uk

The Prince of Wales's PR supremo, Paddy Harverson, is leaving royal service to team up with one of Google's top executives to launch a new consultancy.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Majesty

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#Charles #Royal Prince of Wales will travel to flood-hit St Asaph on Monday to offer his support to victims & thank emergency services

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal One of #Charles' charities, Business in the Community (BITC), to form a Recovery Group to help recovery operation in St Asaph

Old 12-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Prince of Wales has visited the Welsh city of St Asaph today, December 3, to meet victims of the floods.

** BBC video: Prince Charles visits St Asaph flooding victims **

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery: Prince Charles, Prince of Wales Visits Flood Victims In North Wales **

** telegraph.co.uk video and article: Prince of Wales meets family of pensioner drowned in flood-hit St Asaph **
Old 12-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I've read quite a few reports on this - all the people he saw really welcomed his support; he spoke in private with the family of the deceased woman but also he has asked one of his charities to go in an give practical help. This man is such good news.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This man is such good news.

That's really nicely said, cepe!

Today, December 6, the Prince of Wales in his role as Colonel of Welsh Guards attended the presentation of operational service medals at Cavalry Barracks, Hounslow, Middlesex.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery ** walesonline.co.uk: Prince Charles meets Welsh Guards after Afghanistan tour **
Old 12-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales has visited the Centre for Defence Medicine based at the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Birmingham, today, December 7, 2012 to meet members of the armed forces who are recovering from injuries sustained in the line of duty.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga/afp gallery **

** birminghammail.co.uk article and gallery: "I've never heard of chronic morning sickness" - Prince Charles talks..**

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Prince Charles, Prince Of Wales Visits Queen Elizabeth Hospital In Birmingham **
Old 12-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Prince of Wales has visited the Centre for Defence Medicine based at the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Birmingham, today, December 7, 2012 to meet members of the armed forces who are recovering from injuries sustained in the line of duty.

** Pic 1 **** Pic 3 ** **

..**
Love these pics!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Majesty

Very nice of The Prince of Wales to let everyone know that Catherine is doing okay now. Also very nice for him to ask about the illness.

I too like the pictures.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Nobility

I like the pictures. I have read that people criticize Prince Charles, but I have always liked him, and I think he will be a good king.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Majesty

Prince Charles says his most respected monarch is George III:
Prince Charles says his most respected monarch is George III - News - London news, sport & events - London24
Old 12-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but I have a query. The PoW held an investiture today and, as usual, he wore a naval uniform. I've noticed that when the Princess Royal carries out an investiture, she too wears a naval uniform.

Does anyone know why?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Not really sure. I suppose in Charles's case it could be because he actually served in the RN. For Anne I believe her naval rank is the highest general service rank she holds, the others being honorary regimental colonel or honorary RAF base Commodores. Or it could be that the RN uniforms are simply the nicest of the forces uniforms
Old 12-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Not really sure. I suppose in Charles's case it could be because he actually served in the RN. For Anne I believe her naval rank is the highest general service rank she holds, the others being honorary regimental colonel or honorary RAF base Commodores. Or it could be that the RN uniforms are simply the nicest of the forces uniforms
Off topic, but I did bother to look re: Anne's uniforms . Actually, she wears her Blues and Grays uniform usually for Trooping the color. Here is a smattering of The Princess Royal as: Colonel of the Blues and Royals, in her role as Gold Stick in Waiting, Princess Anne The Princess Royal As Colonel Of The Blues
Rear Admiral Navy at the Jubilee Pageant http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/145...2bqTPbpA%3d%3d
Rear Admiral – at the Cenotaph http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/158...zKP5RfKA%3d%3d
? I cant tell rank – but Navy dress with the Rear Admiral welcoming the Swedish Royal Family in 2005 http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/560...WdF5TdYrpdI%3d
Old 12-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Serene Highness

Judge was told yesterday

Prince of Wales 'should be forced to answer freedom of information requests', court told - Telegraph
Old 12-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Courtier

This man has no right to demand anything.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales attended an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace yesterday, December 13.

Among the recipients have been film director Sally Potter and designer Sarah Burton who created the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** dailymail article **
Old 12-15-2012, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, December 14, the Prince of Wales has visited Tata Steel's steelworks and the birthplace of Dylan Thomas in West Glamorgan and he visited the University of Wales Trinity Saint David's Carmarthen Campus to attend a traditional Plygain service at the University Chapel, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire.

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Prince of Wales in Swansea **

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Prince of Wales in Swansea 2 **

** BBC: Prince Charles marks Port Talbot Tata £185m furnace work **

** thisissouthwales.co.uk: Prince Charles learns Swansea "etiquette" on tour of city market **

** walesonline.co.uk: Prince Charles visits Port Talbot steelworks, Swansea Market and Cwmdonkin Drive **
Old 12-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks, iceflower.

He reminds me so much of William in this pic
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/P...bF3f4T1fyl.jpg
Old 12-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Serene Highness

'Doctors must learn care and compassion': Prince Charles claims modern medicine is putting the 'human touch' at risk | Mail Online
Old 12-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Boy oh boy, do I agree with the POW!
To explain why, would take a book!
Well done YRH!

Tags
charles, prince of wales