The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but as a reminder to those in the U.S. PBS stations are airing Prince Charles' Royal Memories: Tribute to the Queen this weekend. I think most stations are airing it tomorrow at 8:00 p.m., but check local listings.
Wow, thanks! Just in time ... I would have missed it if ot for you! :)

Old 09-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPWillie

Wow, thanks! Just in time ... I would have missed it if ot for you! :)
... if not for you.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:17 AM
Gentry

Excellent program with Prince Charles as narrative host. Precious royal family film footage I had not seen before giving so much insight and dimension into the Queen. A wonderful hour. Thank you so much for posting that it would be airing else I would have missed it.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Nobility

Very interesting footage - especially of Charles and Anne playing with their parents. Loved the shaggy white pony w/ a very young Charles riding it. Oh, and the sparkle from the tiaras and jewels in the gathering for the photo of the assembled family in Buckingham palace after the coronation - wow.
Is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble understanding Charles at times - it's like he's talking w/ marbles in his mouth, and I was quite interested in what he had to say.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Courtier

It was a very interesting view of both the Queen and Prince Philip. I am always struck by how beautiful the Queen was as a young woman. She is lovely now, but she was, as my son would say, a "babe" in her youth.

It felt a little strange to hear Prince Charles refer to the Queen as "my mama." Maybe it felt forced to me. I think Prince Charles is naturally more formal and reserved in public. Sometimes Prince Charles tends to mumble a bit but I had no trouble understanding him when I turned the volume up. Like many aristocratic people, he tends to speak from the back of his throat. He has a great speaking voice though and I love his accent.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Serene Highness

What a wonderful program. I actually got to see the Prince laugh and I mean really laugh! What a great tribute to his mom. I got a little teary eyed a few times as he was going through his memories of what seemed a loving and normal childhood. His facial expressions were so touching. What a warm and genuine man he is. I would sure love to be able to sit and have a heart to heart with him. :)
Old 09-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
What a wonderful program. I actually got to see the Prince laugh and I mean really laugh! What a great tribute to his mom. I got a little teary eyed a few times as he was going through his memories of what seemed a loving and normal childhood. His facial expressions were so touching. What a warm and genuine man he is. I would sure love to be able to sit and have a heart to heart with him. :)
I haven't had the opportunity to catch it on TV yet and really would like to after hearing all the comments that have been made about it. It seems like Charles has really let a lot of his personal feelings come through in this documentary. I think that as he ages and is so happy and secure in his own relationships, he's gradually letting the inner Charles be seen more and more in his smiles and antics in pictures and with talking with the media. Such a good thing that is.

Adding this hours later:

I was able to catch it tonight on PBS here and it was simply a poignant and intimate look into their family lives. It really surprised me to hear Charles call the Queen "mama" as I kind of pictured him using "mum" or "mummy" in private and really expected him to use "mother" for a major documentary like this. Charles really did give us that feeling that we were looking into any family's home videos and pictures. Another thing I noticed is that Charles would do well with us in the tiara and jewelry threads here. He certainly seems to know his stuff.

One last thing that caught my attention was the footage of the then Princess Elizabeth riding horseback behind King George VI's carriage for Trooping the Color. I did a double take as at first I thought it was Anne... they look so much alike!
Old 09-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Prince of Wales has been in Shropshire today, September 17, 2012.

He visited Ludlow, toured St Laurence's Church and officially began the work to create the town's Jubilee Garden. As founder of In Kind Direct he visited the charity's warehouse and met volunteers, supporters and beneficiaries at Unit E, Stafford Park, Telford, Shropshire.

** Pic **

** PA: Charles enjoys tipple on walkabout **

** shropshirestar.com: Prince Charles in Shropshire visit **

** BBC: Prince of Wales visits Ironbridge Gorge in Shropshire **

** itv.com (video): Prince Charles laughs at gaffer tape gaffe **
Old 10-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, October 9, the Prince of Wales has opened Knockando Woollen Mill, Moray, he unveiled a Memorial to the Women's Land Army at Clochan, Fochabers and visited Aberlour in celebration of the village's Bi-Centenary.

** news.stv.tv: Prince Charles unveils UK's first Women's Land Army memorial **
Old 10-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I adore this photo from the dedication of the Memorial to the Women's Land Army at Clochan, Buckie, Banffshir. The ladies are cheering on the POW!

http://www.royal.gov.uk/List%20Image...nd%20Girls.jpg
Old 10-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS
I adore this photo from the dedication of the Memorial to the Women's Land Army at Clochan, Buckie, Banffshir. The ladies are cheering on the POW!

http://www.royal.gov.uk/List%20Image...nd%20Girls.jpg
Great shot. I love the expression on the Prince's face too.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Majesty

Prince Charles' palace bash to get tour party started-
Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian
Old 10-13-2012, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales representing the Queen (who had to cancel the event) at an investiture at Windsor Castle yesterday, October 12, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Today, October 13, Charles presented operational medals to 51st Highland Regiment, 7SCOTS, at Birkhall, Aberdeenshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** expressandstar.com: Afghan campaign soldiers honoured **
Old 10-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding the correspondence between Prince Charles and Government Ministers have been moved to Prince Charles being political? .

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 10-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Majesty

Prince Charles tries his hand at video arcade games:
Video: Prince Charles tries his hand at video arcade games - Telegraph

I like his sense of fun.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince Charles met members of the "In the Footsteps of the Legends" South Pole expedition at Clarence House today. The expedition will be made up of servicemen wounded in Afghanistan from the Prince's Regiment, The Royal Dragoon Guards .

The Prince is Colonel-in-Chief of The Royal Dragoon Guards. Among the guests were injured dragoons L/Cpl Nick Webb, Cpl David Harmer and Capt Adam Crooksshank who will be taking part in the expedition.

- The Prince with the dragoons 1
- The Prince with the dragoons 2
- The Prince with the dragoons and other guests
- Prince Charles with Tarsen Dhaliwal, Malcolm Walker and Christo Wiese

Later in the evening, Prince Charles and Camilla will host a reception at St James's Palace State Apartments ahead of their tour to Papua New Guinea, Australia And New Zealand to mark The Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales during an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, 25 October 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 10-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales was the guest of honour at the Pride of Britain Awards in London on October 29, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** gettyimages **

** mirror.co.uk: "Nobody does it better": Prince Charles praise for Pride of Britain winners as he does the mobot **
Old 10-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Prince of Wales was the guest of honour at the Pride of Britain Awards in London on October 29, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** gettyimages **

** mirror.co.uk: "Nobody does it better": Prince Charles praise for Pride of Britain winners as he does the mobot **
I love the second picture! It looks like His Highness is enjoying himself .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

They're all doing the 'Mo-bot' in that picture, Daria. It's part of the double gold medal winning runner Mo Farah's trademark. He parts his hands on his head to simulate the letter 'M'. It's become a bit of a craze in the UK since the Olympics.

I saw a little bit of the Pride of Britain awards on TV earlier and I've decided I just can't watch programmes like that because I'm guaranteed to be in floods of tears inside about 10 minutes.

Tags
charles, prince of wales