The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Prince of Wales met members of the Commonwealth Youth Orchestra and Choir at Lancaster House, London, 13 March 2012.
Seeing how much Prince Charles loves music, I'm sure the visit was most enjoyable.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

An Ideal day out: Prince Charles in high spirits as he joins Myleene Klass for opening of Home Show

Quote:
Prince Charles appeared in high spirits today as he attended the official opening of the Ideal Home Show today.Joined by Myleene Klass, Charles was all smiles as he posed with the presenter outside the Earl's Court event.Myleene, wearing a rainbow-hued dress, stood out next to Charles' sombre grey suit.
Prince Charles looks very smart in grey suit, but then he always does. Some really interesting pictures in the article:
- What precisely is Prince Charles looking at?
- Comfy, isn't it?
- But wait, it gets more comfortable
- And a little more...
- Time for a crown snack...
- Fancy seeing you here! (as a side note, the portrait doesn't look very lifelike, does it?)
- Hmm... William and Kate might need some of those quite soon!

Old 03-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Prince Charles looks very smart in grey suit, but then he always does. Some really interesting pictures in the article:

- Comfy, isn't it?
- But wait, it gets more comfortable
- And a little more...
-
Priceless! One can always count on Charles for comic relief...
Old 03-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

I love your captions . Charles is definitely enjoying himself, even if that armchair is so disgustingly tacky . The nursery is absolutely beautiful. Won't mind having one like that for my kids (when I have them of course). Yeah, the portrait of Her Majesty really didn't look like Her Majesty. The face looked harsh, and I don't see Her Majesty's facial expressions as such.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I love your captions . Charles is definitely enjoying himself, even if that armchair is so disgustingly tacky . The nursery is absolutely beautiful. Won't mind having one like that for my kids (when I have them of course). Yeah, the portrait of Her Majesty really didn't look like Her Majesty. The face looked harsh, and I don't see Her Majesty's facial expressions as such.
Re captions- same here!
Re tacky chair- I agree, but the facial expressions more than make up for it!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Re captions- same here!
Re tacky chair- I agree, but the facial expressions more than make up for it!
The expression in the last picture with the chair is probably my favorite. He was probably laughing out loud by that point . I don't know how people can call this man 'boring' or assume that he has no sense of humor, because these pictures tell us just the opposite story. Charles knows how to enjoy a good joke, and see the humor in a tacky recliner that would have others cringe.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The opening of the 2012 Ideal Home Show at Earls Court
London, England - 16.03.12
WENN Photo Library - Search Results
Old 03-31-2012, 10:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Revealed: How George Osborne asked Charles's permission for law change that made the Royal Family millions
Quote:
Prince Charles was personally consulted by George Osborne about a controversial change to the law which has significantly boosted the Royal Family’s finances. Letters obtained by The Mail on Sunday under Freedom of Information laws show that the Chancellor ‘humbly’ sought the Prince’s permission to radically overhaul the way the Royal Family is funded.
They make it sound like Prince Charles actually had a say in the matter; it's just part of an old tradition that the Duke of Cornwall should be consulted on these issues. Why create a storm in a teacup?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Prince of Wales was in Cumbria today, April 3. He visited Dalemain Mansion to celebrate the 8th
international Dalemain Marmalade Festival and Awards, he visited Staveley Mill Yard Business Park and
attended a reception at Hawkeshead Brewery, he's been at Wigton to celebrate the 750th anniversary
of the town's Market Charter, as patron of The Prince's Countryside Fund he attended a reception at
Greystone House Farm and as Patron of the Wordsworth Trust he visited the Wordsworth Museum,
Grasmere.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** express.co.uk: THE PRINCE AND THE PINT **
Old 04-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Prince Charles Enjoys a Pint
Charles, Prince of Wales stops by Hawkshead Brewery in Staveley Mill Yard Business Park, where he pours himself a pint of Windermere Blonde Pale Ale.April 3, 2012
Prince Charles Enjoys a Pint - Pictures - Zimbio

Quote:
Prince Charles Keeps Dry
Charles, Prince of Wales carries an umbrella as he tours Dove Cottage and views key pieces from the Wordsworth Trust collection in the Wordsworth Museum. April 3, 2012
Prince Charles Keeps Dry - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 04-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Prince of Wales was in Cumbria today, April 3. He visited Dalemain Mansion to celebrate the 8th
international Dalemain Marmalade Festival and Awards, he visited Staveley Mill Yard Business Park and
attended a reception at Hawkeshead Brewery, he's been at Wigton to celebrate the 750th anniversary
of the town's Market Charter, as patron of The Prince's Countryside Fund he attended a reception at
Greystone House Farm and as Patron of the Wordsworth Trust he visited the Wordsworth Museum,
Grasmere.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** express.co.uk: THE PRINCE AND THE PINT **
Judging by these pictures, he's definitely happy to take part in the events.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
And for those that want video details on how to pour a pint, here it is.

AOL.com Video - Prince Charles Drinks a Pint
Old 04-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks, Osipi

Here's another cute addition: As mentioned Charles also attended the 8th international Dalemain Marmalade Festival
and Awards and there he met with Paddington Bear. The last pic of that gallery also has something funny, just a if he
had discovered an absurd new marmalade creation..

** zimbio gallery: Prince Charles Meets Paddington Bear **
Old 04-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Thanks, Osipi

Here's another cute addition: As mentioned Charles also attended the 8th international Dalemain Marmalade Festival
and Awards and there he met with Paddington Bear. The last pic of that gallery also has something funny, just a if he
had discovered an absurd new marmalade creation..

** zimbio gallery: Prince Charles Meets Paddington Bear **
He was certainly enjoying every bit of it . And I've never seen so much jam! Probably had some interesting flavors too .

Old 04-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Prince Charles Visits Greystone House Farm
Prince Charles Visits Greystone House Farm - Pictures - Zimbio

http://www.purepeople.com/article/ca...elade_a98635/1
Old 04-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Nobility

I worry about Charles. His hands seem so puffy lately. Does anyone know if he has arthritis or perhaps circulatory problems.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Majesty

He has always had puffy fingers. He was born with them. I don't think they are any worse than usual.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales in his role as Honorary Colonel of The Queen's Own Yeomanry attended a
Homecoming Parade and a medal presentation for service personnel recently returned from a
tour of duty in Afghanistan in Forfar, Scotland April 19, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery **

** bfbs.com video: Prince Charles marks soldiers' return **

** PA: Charles attends Black Watch parade **

** Prince Charles attends Black Watch 3rd Battalion troops homecoming parade in Forfar **
Old 04-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales has planted a tree for the Queens Diamond Jubilee at Ballater Golf Club, Aberdeenshire today, April 24, 2012.

** Pic **

** eveningexpress.co.uk: Prince Charles plants Diamond Jubilee tree at North-east golf club **

** Ballater Golf Club, Royal Deeside, Cairngorms National Park, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, UK: gallery **
Old 04-25-2012, 03:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Aston Martin used by Prince Charles expected to fetch £70,000 at auction;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...0-auction.html

Tags
charles, prince of wales