The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for keeping us up to date with links to photographs and other items, iceflower. :flowers:

In case anyone else is interested to know more about the gentleman receiving a knighthood in the first pic, it is Sir Quentin Blake, illustrator. He has had a busy life: Quentin Blake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Big thanks for both, Roslyn! :flowers:

Today, February 22, Charles officially opened Uley Community Stores and Post Office in Uley and visited the Shirt Manufacturing Division of Turnbull & Asser, Quedgeley in Gloucester.

** thisisgloucestershire.co.uk Prince Charles opens Uley community shop **

** gettyimages: GBR: The Prince Of Wales Opens Uley Community Stores And Post Office **

** zimbio/bauer griffin gallery: Prince Of Wales Opens Uley Stores **

Last edited:
Thank you for keeping us up to date with links to photographs and other items, iceflower. :flowers:

In case anyone else is interested to know more about the gentleman receiving a knighthood in the first pic, it is Sir Quentin Blake, illustrator. He has had a busy life: Quentin Blake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sir Quentin Blake will always be the man who brought Roald Dahl's wonderful stories to life for me when I was a child. His knighthood is well-deserved.

:previous:
Apparently, he did quite a good job there too.

Prince Charles stitches up 7 out of 10 score in first tailoring attempt
Prince Charles, who visited the Shirtmaker Turnbull and Asser' manufacturing plant at Gloucestershire, had a go at sewing a seam. Kath Cope, who has been working in the company with his twin sister Bette Elton since 1960's, showed him around and told the Daily Express that the 64-year-old royal did pretty well for his first attempt and she would give him seven out of 10.

Paintings by Prince Charles among collectors' sale at Missoula gallery

Dubbed by one follower as the best amateur artist in Gloucestershire, the heir to the English throne has a passion for painting. It’s a royal trait once shared by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, along with the Duke of Edinburgh. Three watercolor paintings rendered by Charles now hang in the Dana Gallery in Missoula. The paintings depict noble English castles and their manicured gardens – a world far from western Montana both in geography and thought.

I really like seeing videos of Charles expressing his various interests. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this show.

Good to see Charles back on the slopes and in a new ski wear.

Camilla flew out to Jordan early to get used to the weather, that's why she wasn't skiing.

I read she gave up (cross-country) skiing after breaking her leg a few years back.
Prince Charles' ski-wear looks like he picked it up at a jumble sale- I think that's the only time I've ever seen him look less than perfectly and stylishly attired!

@RoyalReporter: Prince Charles has donated an unspecified sum to the DEC Syria Crisis Appeal, run by 14 UK charities. It has raised £5.3m in a few days.

An interesting article as you would expect from the headline that it would build on that story but it doesn't.

The article suggest that Ed was summoned for a 'telling off' for "letting" Lord Prescott speak his mind.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom