The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Charles received Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan and his wife Patience for a
meeting at Clarence House in London on February 23, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

:previous:

The Prince of Wales has attended several events in Derby/Derbyshire today, February 24:
He visited Bombardier Transportation, toured the facility and met members of the workforce,
he toured Rolls-Royce Group plc, viewed the aero-engineering Production Assembly and the
Learning and Development Centre and Workshop in Derby.

The Prince of Wales also toured Haddon Hall and Gardens, viewing the restoration work and
met supporters and long-serving volunteers from the Hall and the Peak District National Park
Authority at a reception in Derbyshire.

The gettyimages pics without watermarks can be found here:

** gettyimages/zimbio: Prince Charles Visits Bombardier Transportation In Derby **

** rail.co: HRH The Prince of Wales visits Bombardier Derby **

** telegraph.co.uk video: Prince Charles turns train driver during Bombardier visit **

** matlockmercury.co.uk: Prince Charles visits Haddon Hall **

He looks like a kid on Christmas morning......:lol:

He looks like a kid on Christmas morning......:lol:

Yes, he does :D. In the video from 'The Telegraph' the person that was giving him instruction appeared to be a little nervous, which is understandable, when one is allowing the next in line to the throne operate a train. I think Charles looked right at home driving that train.

The Prince of Wales attended an event in memory of the late former Czechoslovak and Czech
President Vaclav Havel, in London yesterday, February 29, 2012. The evening included theatre,
readings, photographs and music. The current Czech Prime Minister Petr Necas was present
(see pics 1 and 4) as well as actor Jeremy Irons (pic 2).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Last edited:
:previous: :ROFLMAO: That's very funny. I hope he enjoyed himself.

I think he'd do just fine :wink:. He could learn from Robert Hardy, who's an expert :D.
Imagine that! You read my mind! And then we could have pics of the lessons you see....;):lol::D
And be given a bit more sunshine.... that we never tire of!:cool:

Imagine that! You read my mind! And then we could have pics of the lessons you see....;):lol::D
And be given a bit more sunshine.... that we never tire of!:cool:

Oh, what a treat that would be. I'd love to see that actually happen.

Oh, what a treat that would be. I'd love to see that actually happen.
I think.... no I know, ( due to the humor of the people involved) that it would be priceless!:lol::D
:cool:

I agree the photos are hilarious.

What annoys me, though, is that Charles said that he'd already been paintballing with William and Harry. Why do we never hear about those sorts of things? I suppose the media is just more interested in him talking to tress etc. etc.

What annoys me, though, is that Charles said that he'd already been paintballing with William and Harry. Why do we never hear about those sorts of things? I suppose the media is just more interested in him talking to tress etc. etc.

Now THAT I would have loved to see :D.

I agree Daria, but the press paint Charles as this old curmudgeon totally out of touch with the modern world. Well, people like that don't go paint balling with their sons!

Here's another gallery of pics from yesterday:

The Prince of Wales presented leeks to mark St David's Day to the 1st Battalion The Welsh Guards,
Cavalry Barracks, London when those funny pics were made.

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery **

I really adore this photo *look at the guy behind Charles*
Oh my Goodness, Your Royal Highness, what are you doing?!:D

I agree Daria, but the press paint Charles as this old curmudgeon totally out of touch with the modern world. Well, people like that don't go paint balling with their sons!

As the saying goes, 'it is the quiet ones you have to worry about'. I think His Highness has a wicked sense of fun and humor. However, there's a time and a place for it, and he may feel a bit on the self-conscious side too. When he was driving the train last week, he really did look like a little boy on Christmas morning. He really hasn't lost the sense of wonder that is usually possessed by either young children, or people who appreciate the little things. I do think he is/was a very good and fun-loving Dad to his sons. His smile in certain instances says it all :D.

I really adore this photo *look at the guy behind Charles*
Oh my Goodness, Your Royal Highness, what are you doing?!:D

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: That's a good caption for that picture.

I personally think that the picture of Charles, that is painted by the press, is way off base. There is a lot more to him than reported. He was refused permission to marry his first love, Camilla, and he tried his best to do his duty for the country by marrying and having an heir. Now that he is finally happy, his good side is coming out.

The palace's official Flickr account has more pictures of Charles visiting the Welsh Guards. Personally, I adore this picture. Was the little girl showing Charles the bear or actually giving it to him as a gift?

The palace's official Flickr account has more pictures of Charles visiting the Welsh Guards. Personally, I adore this picture. Was the little girl showing Charles the bear or actually giving it to him as a gift?

What a lovely picture!
I think she's giving it to the Prince; the bear is very appropriately dressed for the occasion! :)

Because these are the sorts of things he, and they, enjoy/ed doing in private without having the press around them. They are entitled to do things in private without having the public told about their every move and we should respect them for that. I actually have more respect for the royals who keep their private time, particularly with their children, private and enjoy these sorts of times together without telling the press that they are doing them and expecting the press to cover their every move.

That is a very sweet picture. The little girl is so enthusiastic about giving the bear to His Highness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom