The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Do you think Camilla would be able to convince Andrea Casiraghi to get a haircut?
Thanks Warren for the good belly laugh, which is always a necessary thing in life!:p

Old 11-07-2005, 10:04 AM

Re:

Lol - seeing as my hair is modelled on Andrea's - no, she shouldn't tell him to get a haircut!

Old 11-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Charles and Camilla visit Katrina Victims
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...lesandcamilla/
Old 11-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Royal Highness

Sorry Warren....we were all drooling in lust in our postings from last night and early this morning...lol..

I would call the trip a success for the most part. Nothing major in terms any scandals or hiccups or miscontstrued speeches.

I do think Camilla wore that skirt last month the a gallery opening headed by her daughter Laura. Very appropriate for the show and I love the colors.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Do you think Camilla would be able to convince Andrea Casiraghi to get a haircut?
That boy and his brother have never looked like they bathe to me....
Old 11-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
That boy and his brother have never looked like they bathe to me....
LOL! I wouldn't post that in their thread if I were you.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
LOL! I wouldn't post that in their thread if I were you.
I already did...

He is handsome but....

Anyhoo....I think it was good for C & C to end their trip doing things so passionate in heart to them, the organic market, painting, and a little r & r.

Now she will be refreshed for the Chinese State Visit...
Old 11-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Majesty

Charles and Camilla at St. Columba Church on Sunday November 6, 2005.
Colourpress Images.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Majesty

Charles and Camilla at Club Fugazi Theater on Sunday November 6, 2005.
Colourpress Images

Old 11-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

I'm sorry to see them go....I think the tour was an enormous success. I always kind of liked the duchess - she always struck me as down-to-earth and a real team player. I had always heard that she never really wanted to do public events, etc., but it seems that if they're to support her husband, the monarchy and Britain, she does them with gusto, while never monoplizing the spotlight. She's quite good at them, too, from what we've seen this week. C&C are a great team. I hope they enjoyed their visit to the United States.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:00 PM

Re:

I agree! The tour has been a brilliant success and although they may say that it was to promote tourism, we all know the real reason - to introduce Camilla to the USA. She's done fantastically well and Charles looked so much happier with someone by his side. Camilla doesn't grab the limelight - she walks one step behind with a smile. She can make an embarrasing situation (the glass wall) into a funny one , she can be serious when she needs to be and she shows great humour and charm. Well done Your Royal Highnesses! A job very well done. :)
Old 11-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I say it has been a great success. To americans she came into New York as Camilla Parker-Bowles and leaves San Fransisco as HRH The Duchess of Cornwall. She has shown herself to be charming, very funny, humrous, down to earth, and a great supporter. I love Camilla at the play. She wore that faboulous outfit again. Her hair is much better like that. I like it darker and her bangs out of her face.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

...and despite what you may have heard, press coverage has been substantial and overwhelmingly positive (except for a couple snarky New York tabloids). Here's 2 pieces from California's two largest newspapers:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...sn=001&sc=1000

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...ck=1&cset=true
Old 11-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess wearing the tower like that looks like she wearing a sash!she had not worn a sash yet so now, it would be instead.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 11-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Love those earrings. She looks a bit like Candice Bergen in that third pic.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

She does look great in that third pic. Dont know who Candice B is though. Those earing are beutifull. I love the chandelier look with the dangling pearls.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Aristocracy

PJ: You really don't know who Candice Bergen is? Here's a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1101920921_400.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	211337  
Old 11-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Royal Highness

She is an American actress who starred in the TV show Murphy Brown and is the daugher of the famous Hollywood ventriloquist Edgar Bergen who had the dummy Charlie McCarthy.

She can be seen now on Boston Legal.

She was also the wife of the French director Louis Malle and had a daughter Chloe with him. They were still married when he died in 1995.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Nobility

They had another full day it looks like. She wore blue today.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Aristocracy

Another positive article on their visit:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/royal_vis...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl

"As Prince Charles and his new wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall wrapped up their first U.S. tour together, the weeklong diplomatic mission and charm offensive seemed to have paid off. Among many Americans, the eco-friendly prince and the down-to-earth duchess were a hit."

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, official visit, prince charles, prince of wales, united states