The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy

I just found out from a friend of mine in Marin County that last night, Charles and Camilla had dinner and stayed the night at Mankas. I had dinner there last September with friends and it was one of the most amazing other-worldly places I've been, and the highlight of my week in the Bay Area. Knowing what I know about Charles, I bet he loved it. The restaurant only serves organic food from the area and it is amazing. Here's their Web site - I recommend it for anyone going to Northern California! www.mankas.com

Old 11-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness

Amazing how some protesters are liked for the signs they made and carried in San Francisco in reference to some of the international things going on, and others are told shame on them for protesting at all.......hmm...sorry kids, can't have your cake and eat to...

Old 11-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Aristocracy

..saw that post coming a mile away.....
Old 11-06-2005, 08:51 PM

Re:

True. I only like protestors who agree with me. Life's unfair like that.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Royal Highness

I am sure you did.

Yes, one must give, that is what the true meaning of freemdom of expression. The right that all sides can have their opinions heard.

Good, please take those protesters back to your country then.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:58 PM

Re:

Quote:
After all, can't have your cake and eat it too
You can. It's called being greedy.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Royal Highness

I am sure you did see that coming. :)

Freedom of expression means all sides get heard and have the right to protest.

Unlike for some, it is not a one way street of rights.

If you don't like it, the door to leave the country swings both ways...
Old 11-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Royal Highness

That poor woman...rather than get her psychological help, they just jumped on her bandwagon and mentally made her suffer more...
Old 11-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Royal Highness

You can protest for your opinions and say other people aren't allowed to do the same (they won't listen anyway).
Being able to dismiss the opinions of others is democracy working. There are many countries where you are not allowed to protest at all, and dismissing others is a form of protest.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Unlike the two of you, it is not a one way street of rights.
Woah! Don't bring me into it. After my last telling off I'm being nice! My 'greedy' comment was a sarcastic one so I hope you didn't take offence.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Royal Highness

No, not to you, I did not. I am more than happy to see a civilized posting by you on here. It keeps things in perspective.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
You can protest for your opinions and say other people aren't allowed to do the same (they won't listen anyway).
Being able to dismiss the opinions of others is democracy working. There are many countries where you are not allowed to protest at all, and dismissing others is a form of protest.
Here here!!!! Great points made, Layla!!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:08 PM

Re:

Quote:
No, not to you, I did not. I am more than happy to see a civilized posting by you on here. It keeps things in perspective.
Hee Hee - life's too short for arguments that can never be resolved. (I've suddenly become rather like Snow White - do I like my new image? )
Old 11-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Royal Highness

As moderators have said before this not the place to be infer, imply or outright trash, anyone head of state from any country.

If anyone here does not like the current people in charge, hey, that is absolutely okay with me, you have that right not to.

But it works both ways. I have the right to like them, and this is not a place to bash them.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

I certainly hope you do.

Whatever do you mean by Snow White? Something about being attended by seven very short guys with beards? Sudden fondness for apples?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:14 PM

Re:

Quote:
Whatever do you mean by Snow White? Something about being attended by seven very short guys with beards? Sudden fondness for apples?
I'm not sure Elspeth although the seven men idea sounds as if there could have some benefits to it. I think it's the angelic glow I've suddenly acquired and the bluebirds, rabbits and deer that have taken to sitting around my desk. Excuse any spelling errors but its difficult typing with a squirrel on the keyboard.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Royal Highness

On the whole Beatrixfan, I rather enjoy your posts.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Royal Highness

As long as two of those seven are Prince Harry and the Honorable Edward Tollemache, I could totally see those benefits.....
Old 11-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Now I ask you - are they very short guys with beards, or are we rewriting classic fictions now?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Nah, Prince Harry is too tall!

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, official visit, prince charles, prince of wales, united states