The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall greets the United States Surgeon General Richard Carmona as Prince Charles looks on upon their arrival at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, near Washington D.C, November 3, 2005. The royal couple are in the United States on an eight-day trip and will take in four events on Thursday including a meeting on osteoporosis at the National Institutes of Health.

#1-9: from Reuters
#10: AP
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

#1-3,9-10: Reuters
#4-8,10: AP
#6-7: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall points to her nose after the Surgeon General of the United States Richard Carmona , had almost led her into a full length glass window as she arrives at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Thursday Nov. 3, 2005 .
Attached Images

Aristocracy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1131037078

Is Laura touching his tushie?!? LOL
Yeah, it does look like it.
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Slightly different scenario but I won't go into it or I'm likely to get the slipper.
Visting dignitaries are invited guests who should be treated accordingly. I think the Prince and the Duchess were given a wonderful welcome. Goes to show that respect and class were the order of the evening.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Aristocracy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy_digitalis
Hilarious! The First Lady commits the ultimate party foul. I'm fairly certain official protocol prohibits grabbing the posterior of the future monarch. Silly Americans!

Didn't Ginger Spice grab charles butt a few years ago. What is with women grabbing his butt. He doesn't have a juicy butt:p
Old 11-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000
Didn't Ginger Spice grab charles butt a few years ago. What is with women grabbing his butt. He doesn't have a juicy butt:p
LOL panther We don't know do we? I don't recall a lot of pictures of Charles' butt to make an informed opinion.

Maybe we need another research grant to determine if Charles' tushie really lives up to the attention its getting.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Aristocracy

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
All according to your opinion, no actual laws of/or protocol were broken. Why don't you criticize the others as well?

Fine if it will make you happ then. Include them in the statment also. But, The others aren't here on an official Visit to show off their new wife. & the Others aren't going to be married to the future King of England either. But, I will include them also in the statment. If you are paying respect to the Dead. Don't wear an Easter Outfit.

It is a Beautiful Suit & looked good on her. But, the wrong place to wear it.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall greets the United States Surgeon General Richard Carmona as Prince Charles looks on upon their arrival at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, near Washington D.C, November 3, 2005. The royal couple are in the United States on an eight-day trip and will take in four events on Thursday including a meeting on osteoporosis at the National Institutes of Health.

All from Reuters
Now, that is a nice suit. & would have been perfect for the NY GZ visit.:)
Old 11-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles, Camilla Visit NIH
http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=25&sid=611809
#1-3: Reuters
#4-6: AP
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Maybe we need another research grant to determine if Charles' tushie really lives up to the attention its getting.
Oh my... how scandalous. Maybe merits its own separate thread?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

CONGRATS TO MY PRESIDENT AND FIRST LADY FOR ANOTHER SUCCESS!!

Just curious, what were the others again?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsnyder
CONGRATS TO MY PRESIDENT AND FIRST LADY FOR ANOTHER SUCCESS!!

Just curious, what were the others again?
I will ask you not to start. I am congratulating all on a successful dinner in honor of the Prince and the Duchess.

If you wish to show ill feelings, I suggest you write to your congressperson or senator.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Administrator

I know this isn't the right thread...but I LOVE Beatrix's hats!Camilla's designers is pretty good although every now in then he pushes the limit...at least in my opinion.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla has so far done a fabulous job with her outfits. The dark blue at the White House dinner looked very refined and elegant. Her pink/red? outfit for her first engagement made a very positive statement. We are honoring the 9/11 victims by re-building and moving forward united against terrorism. Her outfit today was elegant as well. I love her chokers - her signature detail.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000
Fine if it will make you happ then. Include them in the statment also. But, The others aren't here on an official Visit to show off their new wife. & the Others aren't going to be married to the future King of England either.
No, but two were the wives of presidents and one was the current Queen of England, so...? According to you you're only allowed to wear festive colors on an official visit if you are not newly married? I don't get it.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Well I've just been on a wild search on the internet to look for a back view of Charles.
That's not something you hear every day!
Old 11-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

Are there any photos of tonight's reception? Will it be a tiara event? In 1985, Diana wore her tiara to the Embassy dinner, but not to the White House.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Royal Highness

I think the Duchess has been doing a great job so far. You can tell she is visibly nervous at times, but that is to be expected.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Nobility

Red face

There seemed to be a nice turn out for them today. They both looked happy she seems to be getting used to her new role.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Britain's Prince Charles, left, and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, arrive at the National Building Museum, Thursday, Nov. 3, 2005 in Washington. Prince Charles was awarded a Vincent Scully Prize in recognition of the Prince's well-known advocacy on behalf of the built environment and his charities that support work related to urban design.
#1-3,5:AP
#4,6: Reuters
Attached Images

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, official visit, prince charles, prince of wales, united states