The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Nobility

Red face

I don't actually see the problem people go there to the site dressed in all manor of clothing when I have been I didn't dress up. Because actually all you see is where the buildings were.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
That makes sense Elspeth. :)

Congratulations, Emma you got into print! How did you meet the reporter to talk to them?
awww...thanks!

I was just standing outside the White House. with a small crowd when a journalist walked over and asked me if I was there to see Camilla. We probably chatted for 10 minutes, she asked me about how I got interested in royalty etc.

she talked to a number of people but I think I got quoted because I'm the only one who said anything nice about Camilla.

There has been so much negative coverage. I'm very happy I was able, in a small way, to stand up for Camilla.

Old 11-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

You mean all the other people who were there to see the royal couple were people who didn't like Camilla but had taken the time to go and see her anyway?
Old 11-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Nobility

She looks nice today she is wearing a blue suit.The pictures are up on getty.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Majesty

Yesterday's pictures from Colourpress. Reception at the White House.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10371168.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	208840   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10371169.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	208841   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10371170.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	208842   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10371171.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	208843  

Name:	COLOUR10371172.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	208844   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10371173.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	208845   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10371174.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	208846   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10371175.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	208847  

Name:	COLOUR10371176.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	208848   Click image for larger version

Name:	COLOUR10371177.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	208849  
Old 11-03-2005, 01:04 PM

Re;

Those earrings and snake necklace seem to be Camilla's signature set. I like them and I love the earrings on her. They really flatter her but I'd like to see a different necklace with them. I like the snake one but I think a necklace in a similar style to the earrings would look better.

I think Camilla's really got a signature style now. We know what to expect almost and thats re-assuring.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Aristocracy

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
Who made these specific rules and when? I don't believe she's the head of state either.
Respect it is called,

her stylist probably just picked the wrong outfit for that occasion. It feels like Spring here in New York. But, that is not the place to wear such a color when showing respect as a official Visit.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Aristocracy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Usually the royals wear bright colours during the day so as to be easily visible - the exception would be something like the Remembrance Day service at the Cenotaph. In this case, Camilla was doing a bunch of stuff other than going to the memorial site, and she probably dressed in usual royal fashion, in an eye-catching colour.

Since royals aren't usually mingling with crowds in the evening, darker colours are less of a problem as far as being noticed is concerned, so you often see darker evening wear than day wear on the royal ladies.

Yeah, I figured that. But, Still a bad choice. Paying respect to the dead where Thousands died in a country where you are trying to win the publics affections. Well, Just a bad choice. & From what I read she was going to be chaning clothes throughout the day anyways.

It was a nice suit. But, She should have worn the Brighter color for the dinner & the Darker color during the Ground Zero Visit.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Are there any pictures of the Bush twins, Jenna and Barbara, and what they wore? I could not find any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
Jenna Bush (R), daughter of U.S. President George W. Bush, sits at a social dinner with her guest Henry Hager at the White House in Washington November 2, 2005. The rare black tie dinner was held by Bush for Britain's Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, who are on an eight-day visit to the United States. REUTERS/Jason Reed
I think Barbara Bush is currently working with AID victims in Africa. This twin is no air-head, she is a graduate of Yale University. Her twin sister, Jenna, likes to party hard and meet royalty whenever she has the opportunity.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Gentry

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1131037078

Is Laura touching his tushie?!? LOL
Old 11-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
I was just standing outside the White House. with a small crowd when a journalist walked over and asked me if I was there to see Camilla. We probably chatted for 10 minutes, she asked me about how I got interested in royalty etc.
Emma, that's so neat. I'm glad you were able to go. :)

panther2000, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Did we hear whether they are going to New Orleans? Maybe somebody answered and I didn't see it.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1131037078

Is Laura touching his tushie?!? LOL
Hilarious! The First Lady commits the ultimate party foul. I'm fairly certain official protocol prohibits grabbing the posterior of the future monarch. Silly Americans!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:48 PM

Re:

It's very bad form to touch a member of the Royal Family. A mortal sin in some circles.

I think it's now been confirmed that Charles and Camilla are going to New Orleans.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Thanks BeatrixFan.

Yeah it is against protocol but the Royal Family are used to it. They have to be to be in public so much.

When the Queen went to California, one of the officials kept grabbing her arm to lead her around places. He was just trying to be polite.

Afterwards, one of the Queen's people sent him a thanks and an autographed photo of the Queen with a note, "The Queen was very touched"

She had a sense of humor about the whole thing.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000
Respect it is called,

But, that is not the place to wear such a color when showing respect as a official Visit.
All according to your opinion, no actual laws of/or protocol were broken. Why don't you criticize the others as well?
Old 11-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Glittering welcome for Royals visitors in D.C.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...lesandcamilla/
Old 11-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
It's very bad form to touch a member of the Royal Family. A mortal sin in some circles.
Quite true, but in all fairness, I think it's safe to say she wasn't actually touching him (at least not in that picture), but probably making the sort of gesture that one often does when showing some sort of polite "following after" if that makes any sense. Let's certainly hope she wouldn't actually touch him there... quelle international incident.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon

I didn't agree with the demonstrations against your president when he was in this country, I don't remember what they were about, it's a matter of good manners. I certainly don't agree with someone stalking a woman who married for love.:(

I like Camilla's style, chic rather than the moments fashion. A lot of her outfits don't photograph well but, she has never dressed for the press.
It has been nice seeing all the photo's on here though.
Thank you, very kind of you to post this. :)

I am happy to see respect works both sides of the pond when dignitaries are visiting.

I think President Bush and the First Lady did an excellent job last night hosting the Prince and Duchess. Class, good manners, and the ability to make visiting guests welcome and comfortable go a long way.

CONGRATS TO MY PRESIDENT AND FIRST LADY FOR ANOTHER SUCCESS!!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Those earrings and snake necklace seem to be Camilla's signature set. I like them and I love the earrings on her. They really flatter her but I'd like to see a different necklace with them. I like the snake one but I think a necklace in a similar style to the earrings would look better.

I think Camilla's really got a signature style now. We know what to expect almost and thats re-assuring.
Yes, I was just thinking there was something a bit like the Queen in her approach to presenting herself; she isn't experimenting, she's figured out what suits her and adapted it for her needs.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:29 PM

Re:

I think all members of the RFs around the world have signature fashions. We expect huge hats from Beatrix, huge hair from Fabiola and now we've got a fair idea of what Camilla will be wearing.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, official visit, prince charles, prince of wales, united states