The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ive been listening to the protesters but I cannot understand them. I hear them saying the presidents and prime minister blairs names. Yelling we want freedom and that they are murderes.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

President Bush and first lady Laura Bush stand with Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2005, at the North Portico of the White House, as they arrived for a social dinner in State Dining Room. This is the first joint trip to the United States by Charles and Camilla since they were married in April.
#1-3,7,9-10: AP
#4-6,8: Reuters
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Royal Highness

I have to say the First Lady looks very good in red. She looks very vibrant next to Camilla in quite a somber, matronly dress.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Gentry

Does anyone have any information about Madame Bush's necklace? It is simply stunning!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Charles & Camilla in Washington D.C. - White House visit with the Bushes, SEED School
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...=1543&Itemid=2

Charles & Camilla in New York - Ground Zero tribute, British Memorial Garden, United Nations, MoMA
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...=1539&Itemid=2

Prince Charles pleads for Zimbabwe during visit to United Nations headquarters
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...=1541&Itemid=2
Old 11-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mrs. Bush does look stunning. Camilla looks lovely yet sombre. I think it looks nice. Better than the royal dinner one in britian. I wish she would have worn some color though.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Serene Highness

Laura looks great. I'm not impress by Camilla. The jacket looks awful and too casual on the skirt (and the bad colour of course). Maybe she has something better underneath. The skirt's colour is beautiful.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles, Camilla dine at White House
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...oyalvisit.html

Old 11-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Charles, Camilla: Big Splash in Big Apple
http://people.aol.com/people/article...125228,00.html
Old 11-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Not trying to be a moderator or anything...but referring the late Princess of Wales as Lady Diana is not nice. That could start a minor riot..and after yesterday...I feel like we are at a good place right now in this forum. And for the record, yes the Duchess of Cornwall is legally known as the Princess of Wales but SHE pefers to be known as the Duchess of Cornwall
Old 11-02-2005, 08:55 PM

Well, I think she looks wonderful. She can't avoid colours because they've been worn before.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Okay..Happy Place Happy Place :)
Old 11-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Does anyone have more pics?!

In reference to Mrs. Bush's dress...it is very nice. I think she also has one in yellow but I could be confusing her with someone else.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Gentry

Then lets keep this thread for it's purpose, as a Charles and Camilla thread only and we won't have a 'minor riot'.... Now, as for the toasts, The Prince of Wales has given such an amazing tribute to our American friends. I am very impressed by him, and he has done Britain proud.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Gentry

And by the way, Mrs Bush choose lovely place settings... I've never recalled a State Dinner as lovely as this one
Old 11-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Gentry

DINNER MENU

Celery Broth with Crispy Rock Shrimp
Newton Chardonnay "Unfiltered" 2002
Medallions of Buffalo Tenderloin
Roasted Corn
Wild Rice Pancakes
Glazed Parsnips and Young Carrots
Peter Michael Pinot Noir "Le Moulin Rouge" 2002
Mint Romaine Lettuce with Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Vermont Camembert Cheese and Spiced Walnuts
Petits Fours Cake
Chartreuse Ice Cream
Red and Green Grape Sauce
Iron Horse "Wedding Cuvée" 2002
Table Arrangements

Dinner Table Settings and Music - The State Dining Room, The White House State Floor
Clinton China
Vermeil flatware
Gold pintuck silk tablecloths
Sprays of white phaeleanopsis orchids with camellia foliage in the historic White House vermeil candelabras
Old 11-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Gentry

ENTERTAINMENT

The United States Marine Band Flute trio - The East Entrance
The United States Marine Band - The Grand Foyer
The United States Marine Band "Strolling Strings" - The State Floor
After Dinner Entertainment - The White House State Floor
Yo Yo Ma, Cellist - The East Room
Kathryn Stott, Concert Pianist - The East Room
The United States Marine Dance Band - The Grand Foyer After Dinner Entertainment - The White House State Floor
Yo Yo Ma, Cellist - The East Room
Kathryn Stott, Concert Pianist - The East Room
The United States Marine Dance Band - The Grand Foyer
Old 11-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Shame on the New York Post for calling Camilla a frump. Perhaps the writer has no idea about chic.
You also have an English 'woman' called Lisa Hartwick, who lives in Edinburgh following them around with nasty placards.
So if you meet either of these 'women', squash them!
The New York Post is the equivalent of your Daily Mail....wallpaper you be used to line kennel cages with.

Pay no attention to that garbage journalism.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Aristocracy

As usual, Mrs. Bush looks great. She defines elegance, refinement and class. Camilla looks good, but not fantastic.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloma
As usual, Mrs. Bush looks great. She defines elegance, refinement and class. Camilla looks good, but not fantastic.
Just checked the pictures of the dinner. I agree with you Paloma, Camilla looks okay but she could have chosen a better outfit that suits her better. I haven't liked anything she's worn yet, and I'm sorry but jeez! would it kill Charles to smile?!

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, official visit, prince charles, prince of wales, united states